PDA

View Full Version : SGC Website

JimC
12-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Does anyone have any insight as to when the SGC item verification and other new website features will be active?

jefferyepayne
12-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Does anyone have any insight as to when the SGC item verification and other new website features will be active?

Coming Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

Peter_Spaeth
12-06-2019, 08:58 AM

The same day the guarantee comes back.:eek:

bnorth
12-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Coming Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

^^THIS^^ and by soon they mean never.:D

nolemmings
12-06-2019, 09:04 AM
It's been over a year. Each passing month is further testament to their ownership's incompetence and/or indifference. That applies to more than just the website too.

toledo_mudhen
12-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Also not holding my breath and I have been an SGC guy for a long time.

As an aside I have set up a blank registry on SGC (old website) for each of my sets. When I want to verify an SGC Card - I simply go and enter the serial number into the blank registry and it either returns a grade or card and slab is a hoax.

JimC
12-07-2019, 09:20 AM
That's good to know. Thanks Lonnie.

markgr
05-25-2020, 04:30 PM
I emailed SGC and was told by someone at SGC simply to email the serial numbers to them and they will verify them. I emailed 5 numbers 6 weeks ago and have not received verification yet. Every week I poke them again, and I get some lame statement like "I have forwarded your email to XXXX. He will get back to you ASAP!" Or "I will discuss with XXXX today."

This is an exercise that should take 1 person 2 minutes to complete. And yet there are apparently discussions occurring between numerous people, as if this happened to be a major project.

I understand that we are all working from home and that response times should be slower, but this is ridiculous. It makes me wonder whether there are deeper problems at SGC.

Anyone have any recent experiences? And any solutions? At this point, I am not buying any more SGC-graded cards until this situation resolves.

Mark

Fuddjcal
05-25-2020, 04:39 PM
I emailed SGC and was told by someone at SGC simply to email the serial numbers to them and they will verify them. I emailed 5 numbers 6 weeks ago and have not received verification yet. Every week I poke them again, and I get some lame statement like "I have forwarded your email to XXXX. He will get back to you ASAP!" Or "I will discuss with XXXX today."

This is an exercise that should take 1 person 2 minutes to complete. And yet there are apparently discussions occurring between numerous people, as if this happened to be a major project.

I understand that we are all working from home and that response times should be slower, but this is ridiculous. It makes me wonder whether there are deeper problems at SGC.

Anyone have any recent experiences? And any solutions? At this point, I am not buying any more SGC-graded cards until this situation resolves.

Martin

Yeah, unfortunately for the collector, they are run like Sh** as well as the other guys. It's a dirty shame they can't step up and solve their serial numbers issue. Company must be run by mental midgets.

They probably don't even have a master list, is my guess.

Leon
05-25-2020, 05:23 PM
You need to have your full name out here to say anything about a company. The rule is in bold at the top of every page. I know, it's kind of hard to see. Not.
And why do you put Martin here in the post but your registration is Mark and your ID is Mark? (never mind, taken care of :))

Martin

Ronnie73
05-25-2020, 06:10 PM
I either heard or read that parts of their new website would be operational June 1st. I'm a PSA guy but I'd sure like to see SGC's website work again. I'd also like to see PSA fix some things they told me they were currently working on 3 years ago. I offered to help for free, they told me that they had it under control. The way I see it, they are both in jeopardy of someone new coming along and doing everything the right way. The problem lately is, when your competition doesn't even try to be better than you, you really have no need to try harder to be better than them. Sometimes I feel they are both dead in the water. I hope things change for the better.

rdwyer
05-25-2020, 07:10 PM
My grandkids will be all grown up by the time SGC gets their stuff together.

lentel
05-27-2020, 06:11 PM
It's been over a year. Each passing month is further testament to their ownership's incompetence and/or indifference. That applies to more than just the website too.

Yep.. I hadn't dealt with SGC since the ownership change..but wow what a decline in service
10 day grading well over 20 days for me
They don't pick up their phones...everything by email
Dissapointed

Jcosta19
05-27-2020, 06:29 PM
I can't speak to their website status but I just got a 10 day submission back in 10 days and my previous 20 day was also on time.

I only do small submission as I'm not a bulk collector or deal so maybe that's why.
Last time they were late they also gave me a 20% coupon off my next order.

The email only is lockdown related in my experience, I never had trouble getting them on the phone prior to the change.

Just my 2 cents.

Ju$tin Co$ta

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

steve B
05-27-2020, 09:56 PM
I either heard or read that parts of their new website would be operational June 1st. I'm a PSA guy but I'd sure like to see SGC's website work again. I'd also like to see PSA fix some things they told me they were currently working on 3 years ago. I offered to help for free, they told me that they had it under control. The way I see it, they are both in jeopardy of someone new coming along and doing everything the right way. The problem lately is, when your competition doesn't even try to be better than you, you really have no need to try harder to be better than them. Sometimes I feel they are both dead in the water. I hope things change for the better.

June first is a Monday.....

As far as I know Monday is taken as the day things will be updated.:D

ctownboy
05-27-2020, 11:01 PM
This is all disheartening to hear. I have NEVER had a card graded and I would at least like to get one done so that I know the process and to see if it is worth getting some of my other cards graded.

SGC is my preferred grading company but with the nonsense about not being able to see your card grade on the list (I recently bought an SGC graded card and still cant find the serial number to see if it is on the list and know if it is a legitimate card and grade (I am assuming so since i bought it from a supposedly reputable source).

The card I am thinking about having graded is my first pre-war card I ever bought; a T206 Cobb Bat Off. I have owned the card for 40 years this summer and think it is time to see what the grade might be. But now do not know if I should or even want to.

David

toledo_mudhen
05-28-2020, 06:29 AM
The card I am thinking about having graded is my first pre-war card I ever bought; a T206 Cobb Bat Off. I have owned the card for 40 years this summer and think it is time to see what the grade might be. But now do not know if I should or even want to.

David

I would get it slabbed if for nothing else - just to protect it going forward.

brewing
05-28-2020, 07:08 AM
The problem lately is, when your competition doesn't even try to be better than you, you really have no need to try harder to be better than them. Sometimes I feel they are both dead in the water. I hope things change for the better.

I agree.

One can't figure out how to turn record sales into expanding to meet timelines. It's simple business, expand to meet demand. In & Out Burger started in a 10' x 10' building, they've since expanded.

The other can't figure out what label to use and that their lack of a registry (or piss poor registry) is what keeps them looking up at their competition. Or maybe they don't want to lead. If that's the case, I wish they'd pick their niche and stick with it.

Neither issue is new, it's been years.

1st name near id ingr@m

bnorth
05-28-2020, 07:25 AM
Yeah, unfortunately for the collector, they are run like Sh** as well as the other guys. It's a dirty shame they can't step up and solve their serial numbers issue. Company must be run by mental midgets.

They probably don't even have a master list, is my guess.

If you want accurate grades SGC is by far the best. PSA is a JOKE at best but hey the sheeple pay the most for their slabs. Beckett is, well lets just say bad at pretty much every aspect of grading. They do have the most secure slab if that counts for anything.

To the part I made bold. I always assumed they smoke a TON of weed and just don't want to upgrade anything because then you would have to actually do something. They seem happy as long as they are still making enough to buy more weed. They have great ideas but never do anything. Sounds like pot heads to me.:D

jchcollins
05-28-2020, 02:55 PM
You can't expect SGC to suddenly become something they aren't. They have been promising some type of registry / verification tool since I sent my first ever order in, probably sometime around 2005. They are great at customer service if you have a problem, fair grading, (although noticeably tougher lately), eye-catching slabs, and turn times. People can still complain too about PSA taking 6 months to return their order, but really - it's kind of filed away under "What did you expect?" by most at this point.