PDA

View Full Version : I would like your B/S/T advice

HexsHeroes
11-26-2019, 08:12 PM
I am considering posting my first B/S/T listing. Value of my fairly common T206 card likely in $4000-$5000 range. I have reviewed the listing content of numerous current and historical B/S/T listings and am amazed at the limited amount of info generally provided. I realize that if a photograph is worth a 1,000 words, then several relevant photos should tell nearly the whole story. But I would be interested in membership suggestions as to what information to include in the print description and details. I tend to err on the side of too much info but fear this might turn off prospective buyers. On the other hand, it could be argued that truly interested and motivated buyers are rarely scared off. Would love to hear your advice and insight as to what to include, and what to omit from my listing.

PS- my apologies if this subject has already been discussed in detail. But my searches failed to disclose any such discussion threads.

bnorth
11-26-2019, 08:17 PM
I am considering posting my first B/S/T listing. Value of my fairly common T206 card likely in $4000-$5000 range. I have reviewed the listing content of numerous current and historical B/S/T listings and am amazed at the limited amount of info generally provided. I realize that if a photograph is worth a 1,000 words, then several relevant photos should tell nearly the whole story. But I would be interested in membership suggestions as to what information to include in the print description and details. I tend to err on the side of too much info but fear this might turn off prospective buyers. On the other hand, it could be argued that truly interested and motivated buyers are rarely scared off. Would love to hear your advice and insight as to what to include, and what to omit from my listing.

PS- my apologies if this subject has already been discussed in detail. But my searches failed to disclose any such discussion threads.

Good pic of front and back. If uploading from computer directly to site 1.2 mb is about as big a file as you can upload.

Also point out any defects not clearly shown in pics so buyer doesn't get a surprise.

Leon
11-26-2019, 09:17 PM
I will go with Ben on this one. Good scans of front and back. If there is anything that can't be seen on screen, point it out. But pictures tell most of the story. A scan like this works great.

http://luckeycards.com/bres.jpg

Snapolit1
11-26-2019, 10:03 PM
Yeah 95% of it is good pictures. For a card like that you certainly don’t need a whole lot of write up beyond some issues that might not be clear from scans. A whole lot more than that and I’d start to wonder why the seller is loading up with stories.

toledo_mudhen
11-27-2019, 05:15 AM
Yep - High Quality, Well Cropped Scans (no camera pics)

Point out issues not showing in scans and the rest takes care of itself

t206kid
11-27-2019, 10:58 AM
Be clear about what payment terms are (state if you wants goods/no fee), shipping terms, etc. It's an expensive card, erring on the side of more info makes sense to me.

trambo
11-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Be clear about what payment terms are (state if you wants goods/no fee), shipping terms, etc. It's an expensive card, erring on the side of more info makes sense to me.

+1 to Jay's comment as well as good scans. Makes all the difference. Good luck and it'll be interesting to see what the card is!

Leon
12-01-2019, 06:25 PM
+1 to Jay's comment as well as good scans. Makes all the difference. Good luck and it'll be interesting to see what the card is!

Good and timely communications is always helpful for successful transactions. Caveat Emptor