PDA

View Full Version : eBay bucks question

jimjim
11-19-2019, 10:39 AM
I won an auction yesterday and left it in my cart hoping there would be an eBay bucks promotion this week. I received an email today for a 10% eBay bucks deal. I activated it and then went to my cart. Usually, it will apply the 10% to the item. Today it is giving me 1%. Is this something new?

Snapolit1
11-19-2019, 10:43 AM
I won an auction yesterday and left it in my cart hoping there would be an eBay bucks promotion this week. I received an email today for a 10% eBay bucks deal. I activated it and then went to my cart. Usually, it will apply the 10% to the item. Today it is giving me 1%. Is this something new?

The terms say the eBay bucks promotion applies to any item purchased during the promotion period and paid for before the promotion ends. I assume they are saying you purchased it before the promotion period started.

perezfan
11-19-2019, 11:04 AM
You can purchase it prior to the promo, as long as you pay during the promo period. But to the OP's point... the same thing happened to me recently. It gave me only the 1% Bucks.… even though I had activated the 10% promo.

After committing to buy, I waited overnight, with the hope that a 10% Bucks deal would pop up, and sure enough it did. But when I went to pay, I only got the normal 1%. So I called eBay, and the representative was able to instantly add the missing 9%.

Try to get signed up for eBay's "Concierge" Service... I doubt that their people in the Philippines could fix it as easily.

Jim65
11-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Does your purchase meet the minimum amout? Some are good for $50 or higher, some are good on any amount.

swarmee
11-19-2019, 04:21 PM
You've got to read all the fine print. They usually exempt items you've already won because otherwise buyers delay paying until a bucks special comes along.