PDA

View Full Version : COMC auctions through eBay

AGuinness
11-13-2019, 03:48 PM
I haven't seen any posts on this, but I think it bears discussion:
https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/comc-to-launch-ebay-auction-consignment-service/

Depending on the fees, this could be a great addition for people who want to consign items. Hopefully they roll this out sooner than later.

bnorth
11-13-2019, 03:53 PM
I have got several emails from them about it. Does anybody here buy from COMC? I used to but the search engine sucks and the prices lately make eBay seem like a bargain.

ALR-bishop
11-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Still buy from them if I need to know what is on the back of the card. Only ungraded stuff. Mostly inexpensive stuff

swarmee
11-13-2019, 07:16 PM
I'm still a fan. They were being used by one of their major consignors to sell trimmed graded (PSA, BGS, and SGC) cards in bulk. But yes, it will be interesting when they add eBay auctions to their repertoire. Their upcoming "Black Friday" sale is also one to check out. Some sellers heavily discount their cards during their semi-annual sales, but don't run sales any other time.

ALBB
11-13-2019, 08:10 PM
OK, so that explains when I try and get them to knock a few bucks off the pruce of an item..I always get back the answer - NO..its not my stuff

bnorth
11-13-2019, 08:23 PM
OK, so that explains when I try and get them to knock a few bucks off the pruce of an item..I always get back the answer - NO..its not my stuff

What?:confused:

Are you trying to make offers for COMC cards on eBay? If so join COMC because they are listed cheaper on the site. You can also make offers on there and there is zero interaction with the card owner. They can only accept, decline, or counter your offer with a price.

The best part of COMC is you can stockpile purchases for as long as you want. Then have them all sent at one time to save a ton on shipping.

Peter_Spaeth
11-13-2019, 08:25 PM
What?:confused:

Are you trying to make offers for COMC cards on eBay? If so join COMC because they are listed cheaper on the site. You can also make offers on there and there is zero interaction with the card owner. They can only accept, decline, or counter your offer with a price.

The best part of COMC is you can stockpile purchases for as long as you want. Then have them all sent at one time to save a ton on shipping.

Cards can be substantially cheaper on the website. Not just minus the ebay fees.

AGuinness
11-13-2019, 09:14 PM
I think the new auctions COULD be great for small time sellers looking for more options. If their rates are basically equal to listing on eBay yourself, you get the greater visibility with the COMC account. If the fees are notably higher, it might not work as well.