PDA

View Full Version : New Section for Old Cardboard

lhardem
11-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Greetings,

Just a note to Net54 members that we have opened a key new section on the Old Cardboard website focused on Baseball Advertising Trade Cards.

The new section has its origins in the seminal booklet "Baseball Advertising Trade Cards," published and distributed by long-time trade card collector Frank Keetz. The first edition of Keetz' booklet was distributed in 1980. Subsequent expansions and updates were distributed in 1997 (second edition) and in 2011 (third edition).

The new section is the result of years of collaboration between Frank Keetz and myself along with considerable input from veteran trade card collectors Eldon Mohler, Anson Whaley and others.

This online edition provides a substantial update and expansion of the third edition of Keetz' book. In addition to being online 24/7 and widely available to all interested viewers, the current version provides descriptions in more detail than ever before.

Moreover, while Keetz' 3rd edition provides of a representative example card image from each of more than 50 baseball trade card sets, this online edition includes a comprehensive gallery of virtually every card and all variations within each set and known subsets. The result goes far beyond anything that has been published about baseball trade cards and includes images of rare cards previously undocumented in the hobby.

We hope that you enjoy this Trade Card section of the Old Cardboard website and welcome any additions or corrections to it's content. It can be accessed at:

http://www.oldcardboard.com/o/h/h804/h804a.asp?cardsetID=1296

OR, from the home page on the OC website, select "Others" in the navigation bar, then "19th Century Trade Cards" near the top of the results page.

All Trade Card Sets are included in this new section. Trade Card Singles (one-offs) will be added in the 1st and 2nd quarters of next year.

Happy Collecting,
Lyman

doug.goodman
11-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Fantastic stuff, thank you guys!

Doug

BeanTown
11-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Lyman, great seeing a post from you!! We need to start back up the oldcardboard poker game!!

Jc

BuzzD
11-08-2019, 05:12 AM
I remember Frank from days in the Schenectady area where he would set up at his son's card shows. He always had stuff no one else had. Sold me a Crowley's Dairy Mike Milosevich, an Old Judge cigar box label, etc. Even some Grgling Oil trade cards. He collected Contenena cards - I had no idea what they were. Good guy.