PDA

View Full Version : The Homeless World Series

frankbmd
10-28-2019, 07:29 AM
Could we be witnessing the first World Series in which the home team loses every game? If the Nationals win it, we certainly could be.

GaryPassamonte
10-28-2019, 02:06 PM
I've been thinking the same thing, Frank. Maybe one of our stat guys can find if this has ever happened before. I'm surprised I haven't heard mention of it on the World Series telecast.

HRBAKER
10-28-2019, 03:10 PM
It appears that the problem is so bad that a couple of young ladies sitting behind the plate couldn't even afford a shirt.

rats60
10-28-2019, 09:00 PM
I've been thinking the same thing, Frank. Maybe one of our stat guys can find if this has ever happened before. I'm surprised I haven't heard mention of it on the World Series telecast.

No it hasn't. The road team has won the first 5 games twice, 1906 and 1996, with the home team winning game 6 and the series 4-2.

Peter_Spaeth
10-28-2019, 09:12 PM
No it hasn't. The road team has won the first 5 games twice, 1906 and 1996, with the home team winning game 6 and the series 4-2.

I think we will see that again tomorrow night. :D

GaryPassamonte
10-30-2019, 04:29 AM
Quite an incredible World Series.

clydepepper
10-30-2019, 11:08 AM
Quite an incredible World Series.

It truly has been...the ratings do not reflect just how good.

'...eye of the beholder' -anyone watching something else...and reporting it to Neilson...is just missing out.

I would feel sorry for Verlander, but he goes home to Kate Upton. :eek:

frankbmd
10-30-2019, 11:20 AM
I'm not only old, but also old-fashioned, and I've tried to accept the way the game is changing with analytics resulting in games dominated by home runs, strikeouts and quick hooks.

Verlander, Cole, Strasburg, Scherzer and Greinke (only added by the Astros at the trading deadline) are all old school legitimate and very good starters.

But for the life of me, I cannot accept the fact that the two "best" teams in baseball do not have better rotations of starters (at least four), and therefore have to resort to "bullpen games" in the World Series.

Wanna bet that Strasburg isn't the last starting pitcher in history to pitch in the ninth inning of a World Series game as the team's starter?

How long will it be before we see a seven game "bullpen" World Series ------ 2030 ----2040 ------2050?

Steve D
10-30-2019, 10:34 PM
You called it Frank.

Not only the first World Series, but the first seven-game post-season series in any of the North American pro sports leagues (baseball, basketball and hockey).

Steve

CMIZ5290
11-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Same old sorry Atlanta Braves! They win the division by a mile, and the runner up in the division wins the World Series! This is the 4th time this has happened to them....Gotta love Atlanta choke pro sports.....