PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear it for brianp-beme!!!

SMPEP
10-17-2019, 09:16 AM
As many of you know, my passion project is to finish the 1923 W572 set (which I believe will be the first ever completed). I'm down to 2 or 3 cards I need. (Personally, I think it's 2 as I believe Bob Lemke made a mistake when he added Walt Barbare to the SGC checklist).

Well thanks to the kindness of one of our members - Brian Parker (aka brianp-beme) that number is now down to 1 as he pulled his Bill Wambsganss from his set and sent it to me!!!!

Want to know what makes this act even MORE impressive? Brian only needed 9 cards himself to finish the set!!!

Words alone cannot express how grateful I am to Brian for his kindness! That's really above and beyond in my book!

Thank you Brian!!!!!
Patrick

Ps - I just need W572 pat Duncan at this point - so if anyone has one or knows who has one, please let me know! I will buy or trade in your favor!!!

bnorth
10-17-2019, 09:24 AM
That is AWESOME. Nice to see a good story about a great member.:)

h2oya311
10-17-2019, 09:39 AM
a feel good story is nice to see to help distract us from the sea of crappy/disheartening threads.

brianp-beme
10-17-2019, 10:37 AM
I would pat this brianp-beme fellow on the back, but my arms don't work that way as well as they used to. My theory has always been...help the fellow that has the superior collection, and in this case Patrick has the superior collection.

Now someone just get him the Duncan!

Brian

Howe’s Hunter
10-17-2019, 10:39 AM
This is the place where kindness and generosity thrive. Hats off to Brian.

kmac32
10-17-2019, 04:04 PM
As many of you know, my passion project is to finish the 1923 W572 set (which I believe will be the first ever completed). I'm down to 2 or 3 cards I need. (Personally, I think it's 2 as I believe Bob Lemke made a mistake when he added Walt Barbare to the SGC checklist).

Well thanks to the kindness of one of our members - Brian Parker (aka brianp-beme) that number is now down to 1 as he pulled his Bill Wambsganss from his set and sent it to me!!!!

Want to know what makes this act even MORE impressive? Brian only needed 9 cards himself to finish the set!!!

Words alone cannot express how grateful I am to Brian for his kindness! That's really above and beyond in my book!

Thank you Brian!!!!!
Patrick

Ps - I just need W572 pat Duncan at this point - so if anyone has one or knows who has one, please let me know! I will buy or trade in your favor!!!

Dealt with Brian before. He is an all around good egg. And congratulations Patick on the. Addition to the collection. Definitely not an easy feat as I used to collect them also. Still working on my T205 Cubs front reverse collection and am down to 3 cards for a complete master set. Have seen 2 of 3 but neither was reasonably priced. Keep on collecting.

Kmac

CobbSpikedMe
10-17-2019, 05:06 PM
That is awesome. Congrats to Patrick for getting to add this card to the best W572 set out there. And kudos to Brian for this act of kindness. Both are great guys and I'm thrilled to hear about this.

ALBB
10-17-2019, 05:40 PM
Brian,

great guy and collector ,and one of natures noblemen !!