PDA

View Full Version : Does it Still Hurt?

irishdenny
10-16-2019, 07:56 PM
i do believe that Sum of Us here understand How i feel about Selling this Christy Mathewson CJ Beauty...

i've Always hav been drawn to'em!
Probably, No Definitely!, my favorite card that i don't own... "ANYMORE!!!"

Sum of you guyz gotta hav a story worth venting about :)
So lets see and hear about the one's ya let go ~

Traded, Sold, or Mommy did whatever wit it... etc...

This is what Mr. Mathewson look'd like when i last saw'em!

DeanH3
10-17-2019, 12:37 AM
I see why that one still hurts. That's a beautiful Matty. I had a really nice M116 WaJo I sold many moons ago. Sure wish I had kept that one. Don't have a picture saved. Maybe that's a good thing. :)

steve B
10-17-2019, 11:37 AM
Not in the same league at all, but when I was in HS a friend told me his neighbor had some odd cards.
Turned out they were Hostess, but not like anything I'd seen before, wrong colors, reversed negatives, numbers over 150...
http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=10144http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=10145

I traded for I think about 20 of them. A few random cards and a 74 Washington nat'l McCovey.
I promptly went to the local card shop and swapped about half for another Washington McCovey.. I've never seen any more of these weird Hostess cards, and the 74 McCovey isn't even as much of a big deal as it was then.

Overall a great trade somewhat wrecked by following up with a really bad one.
They did sell at least one in an auction years later, and probably sold all the others so there are a few more out there.

JohnP0621
10-17-2019, 03:57 PM
I once Had this Tinker Port missing the red color pass . Sent it to an Auction house a few years ago. Boy I wish I still had it.

Vegas-guy
10-17-2019, 07:26 PM
Sadly I don’t have pics anymore (computer damaged that they were on) but mine is all 4 T206 Cobbs in PSA 6

bbnut
10-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Only about 10 years ago, I sold 3 1930s zeenuts with coupons for $50.Oh yeah, they were in Ex-Mt to Nr Mt.:(

Still have one left though.

Chris Counts
10-17-2019, 10:46 PM
When I was a teenager in the mid-1970s, I bought a 1952 Topps Mantle for $75 and a Jackie Robinson for maybe $50. I quickly doubled my money and thought I a genius. My biggest regret, though, was busting open an entire box of 1957 Topps football cellos, also during the 70s. I recall I paid $15 for the box, and it had all three big rookies.

The Nasty Nati
10-18-2019, 10:52 AM
I once Had this Tinker Port missing the red color pass . Sent it to an Auction house a few years ago. Boy I wish I still had it.

I wouldn't be too bummed about it. It looks like that Tinker's red background changed to a different color due to a chemical and/or light reaction like glue on the back of the card and not a missing color pass.