PDA

View Full Version : Pwcc vault...

iowadoc77
10-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Feel free to jump all over me if this has been posted. I am sure someone will anyway. I just looked at some of the cards that are in the vault and regardless of how you feel about the whole concept, there are some serious cards in there!
W600 Wagner in street clothes- 2 of them actually
W600 Cobb, albeit trimmed
Ruth rookie PSA 5
and so on.
Wow.
Really just making an observation about cards here. Not supporting it. Not trashing it. Just saying, wow.

ullmandds
10-09-2019, 10:36 AM
I agree there are some high profile cards in the "vailt"...but doesn't this reinforce the purpose of the vault???? A tax shelter for "investors" to buy and sell "investment" type cards through pwcc without ever really "owning" them.

These cards are much more like stocks/investment vehicles at this point.

Paul S
10-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Don't be surprised when The Vault gets relocated to Geneva and the return address is Venezuela :rolleyes:

samosa4u
10-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Wow.
Really just making an observation about cards here. Not supporting it. Not trashing it. Just saying, wow.

Everything about PWCC has gotten a wow from me.

When they started selling trillions of cards each month, I said wow.

When certain cards started selling for 5x or 10x more than what they usually go for, I said wow.

When I started seeing some individuals bidding 20+ times on a single auction, I said wow.

When people started accusing Brent of working with Moser, I said wow.

When people started accusing PWCC of reporting sales that never took place, I said wow.

When I read that PWCC hired Jeff Lichtman, again, I said wow.

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Johnny630
10-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Will the vault be paying quarterly dividends on their critical investment pieces ?

Peter_Spaeth
10-09-2019, 02:10 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/business/buyers-find-tax-break-on-art-let-it-hang-awhile-in-portland.html

Looks like someone thought of it a while ago.

samosa4u
10-09-2019, 03:25 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/business/buyers-find-tax-break-on-art-let-it-hang-awhile-in-portland.html

Hmmm ... reading this article just gave me an idea! 💡

Instead of having a Vault, they should have built a museum instead! That way at least all the cards can be put on display. This would also be another good source of income for PWCC because they could charge an entry fee.

iowadoc77
10-09-2019, 03:39 PM

There really aren’t a lot of new ideas Just reshaping of old ideas

doug.goodman
10-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Feel free to jump all over me if this has been posted. I am sure someone will anyway. I just looked at some of the cards that are in the vault and regardless of how you feel about the whole concept, there are some serious cards in there!
Ruth rookie PSA 5
and so on.
Wow.

Do we actually KNOW that these cards are in the "vault"?

I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just asking how we KNOW they are?

Doug "curiosity might kill my cat" Goodman

iowadoc77
10-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Great point Doug. And I believe a legitimate one

frankbmd
10-09-2019, 04:01 PM
PWCC moved from CA to Oregon in late 2014 or early 2015. Is it a stretch of my imagination that Brent and Betsy were having “vault dreams” before the move? I think not.;)

Goudey77
10-09-2019, 04:33 PM
PWCC moved from CA to Oregon in late 2014 or early 2015. Is it a stretch of my imagination that Brent and Betsy were having “vault dreams” before the move? I think not.;)

Just pure genius...even if it's not a new concept.
With how quickly our lives are becoming digital the idea could be our future.
If the concept of buying shares into cards ever takes off :eek: the possibilities are endless.

angolajones
10-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Wonder if they got the idea from eTopps.

T206.org
10-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Didn't Card Target take a shot at something like this years back, or am I not remembering it correctly?

Maybe someday putting virtual card sets on the blockchain, something like Ethereum's "crypto kitties", might have a legitimate place in the future when cryptocurrency becomes less scammy and more user-friendly.

Stampsfan
10-09-2019, 10:18 PM
Didn't Card Target take a shot at something like this years back, or am I not remembering it correctly?

Maybe someday putting virtual card sets on the blockchain, something like Ethereum's "crypto kitties", might have a legitimate place in the future when cryptocurrency becomes less scammy and more user-friendly.

Yeah, because this whole vault thing just feels so legitimate...

frankbmd
10-10-2019, 08:22 AM
1. What type of security clearance is required before one is hired as a warden in the vault?

2. Can deliveries to the vault be made by drones?

3. If a bleached or chemically restored card is in the vault for 20 years and deteriorates, who is responsible? The current owner, a prior owner (who never had the actual card in his possession), PWCC or PSA.

4. What is the reciprocal of ingestion, if an owner wants to remove a card from the vault? Emesis or regurgitation.

5. If regurgitation is requested, and the card cannot be found in the vault, how is the culprit identified? Are the wardens strip searched every time their shift is over?

6. In the event of a coup at the vault, would PWCC ultimately be forced to release their card board hostages, or would they simply destroy them?:eek:

7. Is James Patterson or David Baldacci already writing the first card board thriller?

steve B
10-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Cards and block chain really shouldn't be mixed. For one, the chain lube will stain the cards.

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=25642

I need some 3/16 block chain, if anyone comes across a length.

BigBeerGut
10-10-2019, 10:11 AM
Ruth rookie PSA 5
and so on.
Wow.

The vault itself is a impressive structer
MD

jchcollins
10-10-2019, 10:40 AM
I agree there are some high profile cards in the "vailt"...but doesn't this reinforce the purpose of the vault???? A tax shelter for "investors" to buy and sell "investment" type cards through pwcc without ever really "owning" them.

These cards are much more like stocks/investment vehicles at this point.

You see, this is why I can't have anything nice - I'm just not that type of collector. If I had a ridiculously high grade '52 Mantle or an M101 Ruth, it would live in my closet and likely come to work with me a few times each week just so I could look at it more often. I can't fathom the idea of paying for a card in a "vault" somewhere that I would maybe literally never even get to hold in my hand. Lucky for me I guess that I have a very limited budget and taste for mid-low grade postwar...LOL.

Goudey77
10-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Investors who have no real emotional interest are buying up high end and placing them in vaults. Us collectors will never agree. But can we all just get along? :D