PDA

View Full Version : Card Seller Rankings

BigBeerGut
10-08-2019, 07:42 AM
We should makeup a ranking system for card sellers maybe it is score like a batting averige or it could be a ladder style like my racketball league?

MD

BeanTown
10-08-2019, 10:21 AM
I think back in early 2000s we used to do that via the old net54 forum. On second thought, it may have been through a hobby publication and they posted the results ince a year. It really showed the strengths and weaknesses of all sellers/AHs. I would love to see something like consumer reports for the hobby.

samosa4u
10-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Doing this would take a lot of work and it's just not worth it. For example, if there is a seller who ends up getting a low rating due to selling altered cards, then he can just have other people sell his stuff for him, right? There are so many sellers who accept consignments and then on top of that there are all the major auction houses as well.

EDITED TO ADD If you think about it, this sh*t is already happening right now! Sellers who have a bad reputation in the hobby are just having other people sell their stuff for them.

Snapolit1
10-08-2019, 12:27 PM
I tried to start a thread one called something like "point out a small seller you had a good experience with." I posted about some dude that sold me a nice card and immediately 6-7 people posted a litany of shitty things he had supposedly done to them in the past 15 years. Basically calling me a dummy in the process.

Won't work. We all know who the Mother Theresa like saints are and who the Hitler-like scum of the earth are. Nothing else to discuss.

If you accidentally criticize one of the sacred cows you will hear about it. There are 6 or so people who sell baseball stuff for a living who are among the greatest men who have ever lived.

frankbmd
10-08-2019, 01:44 PM
#1 - Moser’s DNA on PSA cards sold by PWCC