PDA

View Full Version : T3 Pages?

Hot Springs Bathers
10-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Over the years I have picked a dozen T3's that I absolutely love. I prefer to have my cards in albums, does anyone have a suggestion for the pages to hold a T3?

robertsmithnocure
10-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Over the years I have picked a dozen T3's that I absolutely love. I prefer to have my cards in albums, does anyone have a suggestion for the pages to hold a T3?

Do you want to be able to see the backs or not?

Hot Springs Bathers
10-05-2019, 08:37 PM
Good question Rob, I would look at a front only option.

Yastrzemski Sports
10-06-2019, 02:16 AM
My recommendation is to put them in 8x10 top loads. They are thick so they should stay in the toploads fairly well without movement. Then slide the toploads into 8 1/2 x 11 pages. I would think putting them into pages without the top load would leave them vulnerable to damage.

There may be another maybe better option if it works. If they would fit into a 6x9 topload (maybe someone else can help) - it would be a better fit and then you could put the top load into an 8x10 page.

conor912
10-06-2019, 08:41 AM
T3s absolutely fit in 6x9 toploaders. They make 3 hole pages for comics that fit the 6x9s decently well....better than an 8x10 anyway. But if you want a tighter more custom look, you get an impulse sealer for $30 on amazon and make your own custom pages with whatever size pockets you want.

Hot Springs Bathers
10-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Great info gentleman thank you.

yomass
10-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Vario pages are perfect and there are binders made specifically for them.
check out ihobb.com

robertsmithnocure
10-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Good question Rob, I would look at a front only option.

I would look at these Vario pages. They are made for stamps, but work well for other applications as well. They are very stiff and will hold a T3 nicely. The black back makes a great background for your card.

https://www.amazon.com/25-Lighthouse-VARIO-Pages-Professional/dp/B005DLBCDU

Duluth Eskimo
10-06-2019, 11:07 AM
My recommendation is to put them in 8x10 top loads. They are thick so they should stay in the toploads fairly well without movement. Then slide the toploads into 8 1/2 x 11 pages. I would think putting them into pages without the top load would leave them vulnerable to damage.

There may be another maybe better option if it works. If they would fit into a 6x9 topload (maybe someone else can help) - it would be a better fit and then you could put the top load into an 8x10 page.

This is what I do with all oversized items. It makes them rigid and easy to flip through. No brainer in my opinion especially for T3’s

steve B
10-06-2019, 04:52 PM
I use vario and lighthouse etc pages a lot for stamps, and I wouldn't be comfortable putting T-3s in them. They just aren't stiff enough to prevent cracking and other damage.

My one T-3 is in a screwdown I made myself back when I got it. Maybe the first oversize screwdown made? I think I'd seen one or two regular size ones before I made mine.

Hot Springs Bathers
10-06-2019, 06:16 PM
I use the Vario G binders so the pages sound like a natural fit. What is the item description for the pages?

oaks1912
10-07-2019, 08:28 AM
Mike,
I use the Vario 1-S pages with black background, and put the T-3's is a mylar sleeve first. I haven't had any problem with cracking, etc that the responder eluded to, and mine have been housed that way since the 90's. Of course, there are no kids, smoking or loose honey badgers in the house:)

Leon
10-07-2019, 08:47 AM
But I always feel I will damage a large card's corners or edges putting it in a big holder.

T3s absolutely fit in 6x9 toploaders. They make 3 hole pages for comics that fit the 6x9s decently well....better than an 8x10 anyway. But if you want a tighter more custom look, you get an impulse sealer for $30 on amazon and make your own custom pages with whatever size pockets you want.

Baseball Rarities
10-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Mike,
I use the Vario 1-S pages with black background, and put the T-3's is a mylar sleeve first. I haven't had any problem with cracking, etc that the responder eluded to, and mine have been housed that way since the 90's. Of course, there are no kids, smoking or loose honey badgers in the house:)

This is exactly what I have done in the past. The Vario pages paired with a 4 mil mylars sleeve works perfectly and presents very well.

conor912
10-07-2019, 09:58 AM
But I always feel I will damage a large card's corners or edges putting it in a big holder.

Hmm. Mine are in 2 mil Mylar then in 6x9 top loaders. Snug as a bug. One of the reasons I like Mylar over poly is that it grips the top loader better. Anything short of frisbeeing it across the room and I’m not worried one bit.

Exhibitman
10-07-2019, 01:19 PM
BCEMylar.com item catalog #66B was perfect; they are out of stock right now. I also use a mylar sleeve inside an Ultra Pro comic book page, which is pretty good.

JLange
10-07-2019, 06:43 PM
I also use 8x10 top loaders and then put them In a 8-1/2 x 11 document protector page from an office supply store. These work great and the 8x10s are snug and hold the card well at the depth you put it at in the holder. Only tricky part at all is the initial input of the card which is easily handled with due care. This approach lets me mix and match these pages with 9 pocket and 4 pocket pages in the same album.

garymc
10-08-2019, 04:26 AM
I use special photo corner mounts and archival photo pages that I get from this company..........

https://www.archivalmethods.com/category/3-ring-binder-pages

Hot Springs Bathers
10-08-2019, 06:04 AM
Thanks everyone, I now have a wonderful set of options, starting to order today, I'll give a report.