PDA

View Full Version : T206 Fred Clarke Port w/ Double Name?

GoldenAge50s
09-27-2019, 06:28 AM
I was just looking over what few T206's I have left, when I noticed for the 1st time that this card has what appears to me to be his name partially printed again on the top border.

I've blown up the top so you can see it better. Hoping those of you used to looking for things like this can verify or refute my thought that it is the same name top & bottom.

I've had this card for about 12 yrs & never noticed it!

Is a "Double Name" the proper term for a card like this? Does the card carry a premium over a regular, normal card?

Thanks for any answers you might be able to give!!

RCMcKenzie
09-27-2019, 10:55 AM
I hear "2 names" "name at top and bottom", "miscut" etc. I like them, but I don't believe they sell at a premium. Here's a Crawford...

GoldenAge50s
09-27-2019, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I've heard various names like that, just wondered if there was an "official" one. Maybe a "name top & bottom" card isn't as scarce as I thought! Hope more will chime in!

CobbSpikedMe
09-27-2019, 08:13 PM
A few years ago double names definitely brought a premium but I'm not sure if they still do today.

Jeff_cvc
09-28-2019, 11:54 AM
I intentionally have a few “double name cards” as I think they add a fun variation. I actually just picked up the Chance red portrait in last night’s Sterling auction. They didn’t even mention the partial name showing on the top and I didn’t notice it initially. I wonder if the card would have gone for more if they mentioned it in the description 🤷*♂️ Either way, I agree with the above poster, probably not much of premium as it might of been a few years ago. With that said, there are probably plenty of collectors like myself who upon seeing the double name would be willing to go a bid or two higher for a card like this. AND, being that your card is a HOF’er, I would pay a small premium. Oh God NO! Now my OCD is going to make me try to buy every t206 HOF’er I see with a double name... another subset that I need, but don’t need at all! F**K!!!

Dakiek01
09-28-2019, 02:45 PM
I do believe it is way more rare if there is a different players name on top then bottom. Don’t see those a lot. Also believe if it’s small like this Clarke card not much of a premium but if you get close to a full name where you can really read it both top and bottom that will go for more. Also seen some with just name at top and not bottom those also seem to sell for a little more

Jeff_cvc
09-28-2019, 03:08 PM
I do believe it is way more rare if there is a different players name on top then bottom. Don’t see those a lot. Also believe if it’s small like this Clarke card not much of a premium but if you get close to a full name where you can really read it both top and bottom that will go for more. Also seen some with just name at top and not bottom those also seem to sell for a little more

+1

CMIZ5290
09-28-2019, 05:52 PM
If interested, I have 2 double name T206s that feature 2 complete intact names top and bottom, very, very scarce.....