PDA

View Full Version : Heritage lots listed on eBay simultaneously?

Fballguy
09-25-2019, 03:49 PM
I think there's a Heritage guy that posts here so thought I'd share this FYI.

I noticed today that two lots I was interested in in Heritage's current auction showed up on eBay today as well. Same pictures and word for word the same description. The seller has a lot of positive feedback but only a 97% rating because of a couple recent negs.

I can't think of a valid reason for this...Is there one?

I know some people freak over outed auctions so if you want the specifics, DM me.

Fballguy
09-25-2019, 03:50 PM
Just got notification from Ebay that one of the two lots just sold, so either a buyer is about to be very unhappy....or the lot will be taken down at Heritage.

Fballguy
09-25-2019, 03:57 PM
One more update...Three lots were also listed on Ebay and now two of the three have sold....and not particularly cheap. One for $900 and the other for at least that much as it's listed above the $900 in completed listing results.

Leon
09-25-2019, 04:25 PM
One more update...Three lots were also listed on Ebay and now two of the three have sold....and not particularly cheap. One for $900 and the other for at least that much as it's listed above the $900 in completed listing results.

There must be some kind of mistake going on. I can't imagine that happening. We'll see....

h2oya311
09-25-2019, 04:40 PM

perhaps some market price manipulation to get people to think that a card should sell for a certain amount and then base their bidding accordingly after seeing sale prices on the 'bay or VCP.

Leon
09-25-2019, 05:11 PM
perhaps some market price manipulation to get people to think that a card should sell for a certain amount and then base their bidding accordingly after seeing sale prices on the 'bay or VCP.

Couldn't be further from the truth. This is an ebay scammer and ebay was notified about it yesterday, according to inside sources. :)

Fballguy
09-25-2019, 05:16 PM
Couldn't be further from the truth. This is an ebay scammer and ebay was notified about it yesterday, according to inside sources. :)

And in typical Ebay fashion, they've done nothing to this point. If anyone has $1,000 to spare, there's still a lot available. ;)

Fballguy
09-25-2019, 07:09 PM
Ebay's doing a bang up job. There are now two new Heritage lots on Ebay. Running total...

3 Active
2 Sold

Scammers total take: $1800 before fees.

Leon
09-25-2019, 07:18 PM
Ebay's doing a bang up job. There are now two new Heritage lots on Ebay. Running total...

3 Active
2 Sold

Scammers total take: $1800 before fees.

Can you post the ebay auctions? I might be able to get a little help from an ebay person who is a board member too. :) I don't think that person reads the board a whole lot but they do sometimes. I can reach out and maybe expedite the remedies.

Fballguy
09-25-2019, 07:43 PM
There are actually 7 active now (not including a $10,000 Hermes bag that I don't see on the Heritage website).

At the risk of outing, I figure making everyone aware of the scammer's items is more important. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Active:
eBay item number:274025280338 Redskins pennant
eBay item number:274024201154 Raiders pennant
eBay item number:274022730874 Ryne Sandberg Bat
eBay item number:274024126126 Adrian Peterson Jersey
eBay item number:274022686206 Tug McGraw Jersey
eBay item number:274022694109 Darren Woodson Jersey
eBay item number:274025285151 Packers pennant

Sold:
eBay item number:274022717960 Negro League Pennant Lot
eBay item number:274024108476 1960s AFL-NFL Pennant Lot

Leon
09-26-2019, 08:51 AM
I sent this info last night, mistakingly, to the incorrect person and got a very puzzled response back this morning.
This morning I sent it to my contact and it is being looked into now....though that person is out of pocket they said they could get it to the right people. Hopefully the scammed item images will come down soon. If I was ebay I would be asking that seller some tough questions to get unbanned (as that would be my first thing to do, ban).
But I don't know if that is the way ebay handles these things. My contact is merely one person in a fraud dept....with lots of different duties.

There are actually 7 active now (not including a $10,000 Hermes bag that I don't see on the Heritage website).

At the risk of outing, I figure making everyone aware of the scammer's items is more important. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Active:
eBay item number:274025280338 Redskins pennant
eBay item number:274024201154 Raiders pennant
eBay item number:274022730874 Ryne Sandberg Bat
eBay item number:274024126126 Adrian Peterson Jersey
eBay item number:274022686206 Tug McGraw Jersey
eBay item number:274022694109 Darren Woodson Jersey
eBay item number:274025285151 Packers pennant

Sold:
eBay item number:274022717960 Negro League Pennant Lot
eBay item number:274024108476 1960s AFL-NFL Pennant Lot

Fballguy
09-26-2019, 10:01 AM
All still up...except for the Redskins pennant which has sold for $1000.

Leon
09-26-2019, 02:03 PM
All still up...except for the Redskins pennant which has sold for $1000.

poof now.....

Fballguy
09-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Yup...All of his listings are gone.

Fballguy
09-27-2019, 12:26 PM
Since there's an Ebay guy on here, maybe he can explain why ebay allows so many counterfeit items, unauthorized reprints and illegal replicas to be sold on their platform. They certainly don't respond to reported items. They want their cut I guess.

BigBeerGut
09-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Since there's an Ebay guy on here, maybe he can explain why ebay allows so many counterfeit items, unauthorized reprints and illegal replicas to be sold on their platform. They certainly don't respond to reported items. They want their cut I guess.

ROB EBay told me it is because they are under staved at the place that is reason they do not take down Bad Items

MD

Leon
09-27-2019, 12:57 PM

Just because someone is a member doesn't mean they will ever post. I am quite sure my contact won't be posting but they are welcome to if they want to. I think ebay is definitely understaffed. As a law enforcement person once told me, they (ebay) don't make money fighting fraud. I am just thankful for my one contact.

murphy8276
09-27-2019, 01:08 PM
Just because someone is a member doesn't mean they will ever post. I am quite sure my contact won't be posting but they are welcome to if they want to. I think ebay is definitely understaffed. As a law enforcement person once told me, they (ebay) don't make money fighting fraud. I am just thankful for my one contact.

They are understaffed by choice though so this is just an excuse. If EBAY truly wanted to correct this problem and provide a better service for their customers, they could easily hire more people. Last I checked they made 10 billion in net revenue last year.

Fballguy
09-27-2019, 03:18 PM
ROB EBay told me it is because they are under staved at the place that is reason they do not take down Bad Items

MD

I've been told that as well. What a convenient excuse that is for them. One that benefits them financially. Why have a report item feature then? And why are they understaffed? Because they don't want to address the problem most likely.

I'll take down bad items for them for a nominal fee.

Fballguy
09-27-2019, 03:19 PM

I wouldn't post if I were him either...at least not openly as the Ebay guy.

Fballguy
09-27-2019, 03:19 PM
They are understaffed by choice though so this is just an excuse. If EBAY truly wanted to correct this problem and provide a better service for their customers, they could easily hire more people. Last I checked they made 10 billion in net revenue last year.

+1

Aquarian Sports Cards
09-27-2019, 05:54 PM

MD

They're not understaffed so badly that they don't remove items from companies that aggressively protect their trademarks, patents, copyrights and intellectual property! Try selling a fake piece of Tiffany jewelry and see how long it lasts. If Topps put the pressure on Ebay would magically find the staff to deal with it.

I've actually had talks with people who do work for Topps who could get words to the right ears, to no avail.

petecld
09-27-2019, 05:55 PM
Have these auctions been taken down? I tried using the eBay lot numbers mentioned but I am coming up with nothing. Can someone email me or post a link to one of the auctions?

Thank you.

Leon
09-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Have these auctions been taken down? I tried using the eBay lot numbers mentioned but I am coming up with nothing. Can someone email me or post a link to one of the auctions?

Thank you.

They have all been taken down since yesterday. There were 2 that sold so you might be able to find them. Not sure though..

perezfan
09-29-2019, 11:52 PM
Just asking, and not accusing....

Is this the same eBay Seller?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1948-Boston-Braves-National-League-Champion-PENNANT-SCARCE-VARIATION/264482468677?hash=item3d94623345:g:DREAAOSwxSFdkY1 p

The only reason I ask is that this item ended literally minutes ago in Lelands Pop-Up Auction. Now it is on Ebay, with a Buy It Now or Best Offer price. There is no way the seller is in possession of this item, as I was bidding on it a couple of hours ago in Lelands.

Fballguy
09-30-2019, 08:15 AM
That's not the same seller....not the same ebay ID anyway.

Fuddjcal
09-30-2019, 08:26 AM

And rightfully so, He is one in a million. Every time I have had to call e-bay, you get the Philippines phone bank center. IT is disgusting.

You have a better chance of winning a game of pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than to speak with someone that can actually help you.

Understaffed with American workers as there are NONE. You will never get to speak to one in yours or my lifetime. Reason #370 you should not do business with them. It's another addition I need to quit.....AGAIN

perezfan
09-30-2019, 10:37 AM
And rightfully so, He is one in a million. Every time I have had to call e-bay, you get the Philippines phone bank center. IT is disgusting.

You have a better chance of winning a game of pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than to speak with someone that can actually help you.

Understaffed with American workers as there are NONE. You will never get to speak to one in yours or my lifetime. Reason #370 you should not do business with them. It's another addition I need to quit.....AGAIN

You need to get in with eBay's "Concierge Service". Sounds like a joke, but it's a real thing. Somehow I was lucky enough to get into this segment (perhaps because I buy too much), and now Customer Service is a breeze. They're all Americans who speak the language clearly, can actually understand, and effectively resolve problems. And the time on hold is about 1/8 the typical wait time.

But I agree about eBay's regular customer service... once you hear that undeniable Philippines accent, you may as well hang up. It's like pulling teeth to get any problem resolution.

RL
09-30-2019, 10:58 AM
removed

ricardoh
09-30-2019, 11:03 AM
So I am late to this thread but I am the person who was suckered into buying the two lots, just quick on the trigger but here is the full story:

First, I have been refunded in full by ebay.

Yes, the guy was a crook, said he was 82 and on disability and had to hire somebody to mail his stuff.
All lies. His estimated delivery date in his listings was more than 30 days into the future. Of course I did not see that, but still not appropriate as a seller. And because ebay allows only 30 days after receipt to file, that was his scheme, to hope I would be stupid enough to believe him and wait. How freaking stupid could this guy have been to begin with. Answer: a complete idiot!
Looking at his past recent sales, he tried to cheat somebody else on a bogus sword.
But there are pictures of him on other completed sales holding signs for sale; he isn’t in his 80s.
And a search of him on the internet shows he is 40 years old.

So his scam was to post photos of rare pennants, obviously taken from what he found on the internet.
Then he sends an ENVELOPE with tracking, a note inside saying he will mail the pennants ‘very soon’.
So then ebay sees I received the item not knowing it was only an empty envelope.
And then he says just be patient.
So he is hoping I wait more than 30 days to file for a refund.
No, I filed immediately. Ebay was immediately on my side and his gig was busted.
He is just totally a loser and totally stupid.

He finally realized his attempt to steal was busted and sent the refunds yesterday, then he followed with a horribly vulgar and bigotted and totally immature bully ebay message to me. I would post it for all of you but trust me, you can imagine and it does not need to ever be read.

I called up ebay to have them look at. The lady told me she was not sure she had ever seen such a vulgar message. She also told me they would not have read that, saying 'we don't read messages unless called to our attention'. Not sure I buy that, but not the issue here.
Anyway, none of the ebay reps said they had ever seen an attempt like his to cheat - sending only an envelope with tracking.

He should be banned but knowing ebay will just get a slap on the wrist and be back selling soon, which is sickening but probably typical for ebay.
Just beware of this cretin.

Ebay asked me not to respond to him, which I wasn’t going to do and won’t, tempting to do so but I got my money back so it’s over far as I am concerned.
All his current and recent listings, including mine, were removed by ebay middle of last week, before I even got his empty envelopes.
Obviously somebody else, maybe the other guy he tried to rip off selling the bogus swords to, complained.
He should be banned. Maybe but doubtful. Hope so anyway.

Bottom line, if he is reinstated, don't mess with him.

ricardoh
09-30-2019, 11:13 AM
Ebay concierge number is 866-540-3229

The three times I called on this during the weekend, they were terrific, very helpful and courteous and my wait times were next to nothing. They really did a great job for me!

Again, hard to believe a guy like this, a total crook, could be so stupid to believe he could get away with any of this. He deserved some time behind bars, more than just banned from ebay.

But I thank my good buddy Matt Zello for giving me this thread, today after I emailed him to relate this story.

Now you all know the facts, a credit to this website and its users, very much indeed!

Rick Haskins
Dallas, TX

perezfan
09-30-2019, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the back story, Rick....

What’s this wonderful seller’s ebay ID? Just so we know who to avoid like the plague.

ricardoh
09-30-2019, 01:31 PM
(mawri_210)

whiteymet
09-30-2019, 01:53 PM
Looks like the guy may have been dumb enough to have his photo posted on ebay!

See:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Porcelain-Tydol-Gasoline-Sign-SURVIVOR-RARE-48-by-17/273968188119?hash=item3fc9c6cad7:g:~QgAAOSwiStdVel n

steve B
09-30-2019, 03:36 PM
He sent envelopes with tracking?

When I sent a small print in a photo mailer with tracking the PO bounced it because it wasn't thick enough. First class with tracking has to be 3/4 of an inch thick. (Or did at the time. )

They wanted me to pay the extra for priority, but I repacked it. They were more concerned about whoever writing it up charging the year old rate instead of current than either the "if it's 1/4 or more it's a package and you can get tracking but if it's not 3/4 you can't" problem, or the fact that their click and ship via ebay mentioned exactly none of that.

ricardoh
09-30-2019, 05:48 PM
I have often sent a priority mail envelope. The post office automatically includes tracking and $50. insurance with all priority mail.

pherbener
09-30-2019, 08:02 PM
Looks like the guy may have been dumb enough to have his photo posted on ebay!

See:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Porcelain-Tydol-Gasoline-Sign-SURVIVOR-RARE-48-by-17/273968188119?hash=item3fc9c6cad7:g:~QgAAOSwiStdVel n

Dad!!??

Leon
10-01-2019, 06:52 AM
Dad!!??

Looks like someone that would scam. I don't think it's dad it's probably the bad actor himself. If I were ebay he would have been booted forever. But that is just me.

Golfcollector
10-01-2019, 07:05 AM
I loved this negative feedback on another recent sale...

DISHONEST! SAID BROTHER DIED IN CAR ACCIDENT WITH MY SWORD - IN POLICE INPOUND

Leon
10-03-2019, 10:07 AM

That is kind of crazy but so is stealing scans, selling fictitious pennants and thinking you will get away with it.

perezfan
10-03-2019, 10:21 AM

Well, at least he's creative in his criminal pursuits...

Live with the sword - Die by the sword! :p

h2oya311
10-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Dad!!??

Yep, you saw the kids legs behind the sign too, didn't you?

jbsports33
10-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Well done, glad you got your money back!

Jimmy