PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

davidan
09-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. David from Denton, TX here. 47 years old, collector since I was a young boy. Spending more time loving the hobby as I have grown again. Learning a lot and enjoying the hunt for stuff. I am sure I will be involved in some buy/sell/trade stuff as I dig around.

Seems like a tremendous amount of cool stuff here.

David

ALR-bishop
09-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Welcome David. What do you collect ?

Leon
09-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Welcome fellow Texan. LMK if you ever have any questions concerning the forum.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. David from Denton, TX here. 47 years old, collector since I was a young boy. Spending more time loving the hobby as I have grown again. Learning a lot and enjoying the hunt for stuff. I am sure I will be involved in some buy/sell/trade stuff as I dig around.

Seems like a tremendous amount of cool stuff here.

David

davidan
09-10-2019, 06:15 PM
Welcome David. What do you collect ?

I have a fond interest of 50's and 60's baseball. Some of my key collects over the years have been a 51 Bowman Mays Rookie, a 53 Mantle, a Hank Aaron Topps Rookie, 56 Mantle, lots of early 60's, etc.

I am also a big Texas Rangers and Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans Fan. So I collect anything and everything that I like that comes from those organizations. Nolan Ryan is a big favorite.

I continue to have fun ripping Wax with my wife and daughter, and flip a lot of it in trades and eBay and keep what we like.

I have been collecting nearly a complete set of the Topps Living release and I like to buy selected online stuff from Panini Instant, and Topps Online

davidan
09-10-2019, 06:32 PM
I do have a quick question

Is there a section here or process where you can see successful (or unsuccessful) transactions in the B/S/T space others have made, so you can get a good feeling about a transaction before pulling the trigger? and what is the general protocol, etiquette, process here for trading, buying, selling? If I have missed it somewhere obvious I apologize in advance.

David

pokerplyr80
09-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Welcome. There is no feedback system or list of successful transactions around here. Many members here are well known and respected in the hobby. Personally, if I have never dealt with or heard of a particular seller I will ask around and see if anyone I know will vouch for that person. If I can't find anyone I make sure to send funds PayPal goods, just in case.

Ronnie73
09-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the group David!! When buying from the BST section, you can look in the top right of a post to see how many posts they have made. I'd only be concerned with newer members selling until they have a proven track record. Usually if someone is a bad seller, Leon makes them magically disappear quickly, as well as informing everyone of the issue.

Leon
09-10-2019, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the group David!! When buying from the BST section, you can look in the top right of a post to see how many posts they have made. I'd only be concerned with newer members selling until they have a proven track record. Usually if someone is a bad seller, Leon makes them magically disappear quickly, as well as informing everyone of the issue.

There have been no (I don't know of any) outright scams that were carried out successfully on our BST. Everyone should always PM me if there is any question whatsoever about a member doing a deal. All members can easily be vetted if I am contacted. I will call them and ask them for some references if nothing else. :). It is caveat emptor so everyone needs to be cautious. Lastly, there are thousands of eyes over there and I get PM'd every now and then about something (and it's appreciated). But no, there is no feedback system.

Promethius88
09-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the group!! As a newer member....in the last year, I believe, I have actually bought quite a bit of stuff from fellow board members and never had an issue. Probably because I was just buying junk they wanted to get rid of, lol. Just kidding! Honestly, just reading posts and seeing names of members made me completely comfortable buying from pretty much anyone. As has been previously stated, there are a lot of eyes out there and I believe if anyone tried to pull anything, they would be quickly tarred and feathered.

davidan
09-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Thanks so much guys for the warm welcome and feedback! :)

David