PDA

View Full Version : 8/13/20 Yankees v. ChiSox @ Field of Dreams!

horzverti
08-08-2019, 08:19 AM
With all of the recent bad news of scandals, fraud and some overall shady players in our hobby; it is refreshing to read some nice, positive (and exciting) news. Next year, on 8/13/20, the Yankees and White Sox will play a regular season game at the Field of Dreams ball field. I love it!

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-white-sox-game-at-field-of-dream-site

In my mind, I am already in line for tickets. :)

bnorth
08-08-2019, 08:32 AM
That's kinda cool but having been there it's going to be a horrible mess. There is no parking, a little gravel road to get there, and no place to watch it from.

horzverti
08-08-2019, 08:47 AM
That's kinda cool but having been there it's going to be a horrible mess. There is no parking, a little gravel road to get there, and no place to watch it from.

Pave it and they will come...

jp1216
08-08-2019, 10:15 AM
They should play it without more than 20 fans in attendance. Put it on TV but leave the field as is. No walk up music, no announcing. Just a couple porta pottys and a TV crew. Bring your bug spray!
http://www.billripken.com/bucket/fod.jpg

Promethius88
08-08-2019, 10:18 AM
They are building an 8k seat temporary stadium out past the outfield and have a path to the original field. There is a rendition of it online but on my work pc, it won't let me get back to the site.

bnorth
08-08-2019, 10:33 AM
They should play it without more than 20 fans in attendance. Put it on TV but leave the field as is. No walk up music, no announcing. Just a couple porta pottys and a TV crew. Bring your bug spray!
http://www.billripken.com/bucket/fod.jpg

They have really upgraded since I was there 6-8(?) years ago.

silvor
08-08-2019, 12:09 PM
From what I've read on Instagram, the MLB says there will be new field built next to the one in the movie.

clydepepper
08-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Warning: Egon did say, 'Don't Cross the Streams!'

(between Fantasy and Stark Reality)

Nothing good can come of this.

T_Hamilton
08-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Any guesses if tickets will be made available to the public? and if so what the going secondary market rate would be? id love to go...

Shoeless Moe
08-08-2019, 05:21 PM
All fun and games until Judge lines one into the back of some 80 year old lady and knocks her ass off the top row of the 10 row bleachers and she starts choking on a hot dog.

Oh people will most definitely laugh Ray.

Rhotchkiss
08-08-2019, 06:23 PM
This looks awesome. I am in. Eric (Iowadoc), wanna go?

bnorth
08-08-2019, 06:38 PM
This looks awesome. I am in. Eric (Iowadoc), wanna go?

If tickets are available to the general public we could have a Net54 get together. As long as they are only in the are you fricken kidding me range I would be in.:)

Rhotchkiss
08-08-2019, 06:55 PM
If tickets are available to the general public we could have a Net54 get together. As long as they are only in the are you fricken kidding me range I would be in.:)

I am in. I think this looks super cool. Field of dreams is my favorite. I always wanted to go there. To see a real game there would be amazing. And then we can all go visit the covered bridges of Madison County (joke, kind of)

Rich Falvo
08-08-2019, 07:25 PM
This looks really cool. I’d also love to see the Sox game in Williamsport the following week.