08-02-2019, 07:33 PM
Big surprise.

https://twitter.com/jacobbogage/status/1157351257654353922

Nothing to see here, all is well.

Meet the new boss. (chords)
Same as the old boss.

egbeachley
08-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Wouldn’t he be in violation of SEC regulations if he presented information to collectors without an 8K disclosure available to all investors?

Peter_Spaeth
08-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Wouldn’t he be in violation of SEC regulations if he presented information to collectors without an 8K disclosure available to all investors?

It sounds like you are talking about Reg FD but I cannot imagine some general comments on the scandal would somehow constitute selective disclosure of material nonpublic information, so as to confer effective insider status on the attendees.

Peter_Spaeth
08-02-2019, 07:57 PM
He didn't address it because this is what PSA does -- it plays ostrich.

Copa7
08-02-2019, 08:27 PM
So damn true, Peter. But ostriches also spit in your face. And that's what PSA does.

Poison cool-aid I don't drink = PSA

Nunzio11
08-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Based on the earlier “anonymous” information it seems like at least 60% of psa clients know what’s really going on. Seems like they are catering to the majority of their clients.

WhenItWasAHobby
08-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Big surprise.

https://twitter.com/jacobbogage/status/1157351257654353922

Nothing to see here, all is well.

Meet the new boss. (chords)
Same as the old boss.

I asked about the Registry Luncheon on another thread. Thanks for answering my question.

Sloan's silence is no surprise. That's been the PSA modus operandi for ages: zero transparency and defining silence regarding any PSA scandal.

Sadly it's been quite effective. In reality, I would venture to say that 95%+ of collectors/investors who buy PSA-graded cards do not even have the slightest hint of the damaging evidence regarding doctored cards in PSA slabs that's on the internet. Even Joe Orlando once admitted that he doesn't regard the message board crowd as a significant voice as it only makes up a tiny percentage of the PSA collecting base. In my opinion, it's an utterly repugnant way to operate a business and that's why I quit submitting cards to PSA in 2008.

Peter_Spaeth
08-02-2019, 08:54 PM
I asked about the Registry Luncheon on another thread. Thanks for answering my question.

Sloan's silence is no surprise. That's been the PSA modus operandi for ages: zero transparency and defining silence regarding any PSA scandal.

Sadly it's been quite effective. In reality, I would venture to say that 95%+ of collectors/investors who buy PSA-graded cards do not even have the slightest hint of the damaging evidence regarding doctored cards in PSA slabs that's on the internet. Even Joe Orlando once admitted that he doesn't regard the message board crowd as a significant voice as it only makes up a tiny percentage of the PSA collecting base. In my opinion, it's an utterly repugnant way to operate a business and that's why I quit submitting cards to PSA in 2008.

Hall, Orlando, Sloan, don't see any difference.

bnorth
08-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Hall, Orlando, Sloan, don't see any difference.

Did Orlando or Sloan have the company grade 1000's of cards for them?:eek::D

doug.goodman
08-03-2019, 01:05 PM
And evidently nobody at the luncheon asked about it either, that's because the opinion sellers aren't the only ones who like to bury their heads in the sand, the opinion buyers do also.

Doug "they didn't invite me, probably because I use bad words in posts" Goodman

Peter_Spaeth
08-03-2019, 01:10 PM
And evidently nobody at the luncheon asked about it either, that's because the opinion sellers aren't the only ones who like to bury their heads in the sand, the opinion buyers do also.

Doug "they didn't invite me, probably because I use bad words in posts" Goodman

Yeah, a gathering of the faithful, no dissent. Steve only had to preach to the converted.

Aquarian Sports Cards
08-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Yeah, a gathering of the faithful, no dissent. Steve only had to preach to the brainwashed.

FYP it's not like they ever felt differently so no conversion was necessary

Johnny630
08-03-2019, 01:18 PM
They have a Cult Like Following ....they worship Plastic Slabs with Fake Numbers on the labels ......cardboard inside is irrelevant....

We will give you medals and a lousy lunch once a year....

Suck it up butter cups