PDA

View Full Version : National Sports Collectors Convention

HOF Yankees
07-21-2019, 11:34 AM
I was just thinking of this now, is ebay now getting more and more slower every day and are dealers/sellers pulling their stuff off since the National is less then 10 days away??

SMPEP
07-21-2019, 12:16 PM
I used to have a theory that I would find bargains on Ebay during Nationals because there would be fewer buyers (since the bigger fish tend to go to Nationals).

But in reality, this has never happened.

I think for the very reason you mention. A lof dealers don't run their auctions because they are focused on getting ready for/traveling to National.s

Republicaninmass
07-21-2019, 12:59 PM
Some of the best Ebay finds I've had have been in line at card shows.

HOF Yankees
07-21-2019, 01:03 PM
i am trying to save myself just in case my buddies and I can go

Chicosbailbonds
07-21-2019, 01:54 PM
The best deals were Late Saturday and all day Sunday at the National.

lowpopper
07-21-2019, 02:27 PM
I put the store on vacation mode for
every national and cards continue to
sell all week.

The only time I noticed a difference
was in 2016, but that's a whole
different topic.

Steve_NY
07-21-2019, 02:42 PM
As a booth holder, I used to say that Saturday and Sunday were historically my worst days at the National as those were the days that the true bargain holders showed up to make their best deals. The real heavy duty collectors show up on Weds. night and Thursday and Friday, and are often gone by the weekend.

But this has changed in recent years as my approach is to always give the best deal I can upfront and NOT wait for the weekend. Still, I do see some people coming back on Saturday and Sunday to renegotiate or buy something at the last minute, or on their way out the door.

I am still one of the old time dealers who accepts checks as a form of payment, for sometimes large amounts that other dealers would not take a chance on. If we have done business before, your check is golden and in most cases if we have not done business before, I still accept checks when my antennas do not go off. If I refuse a check, then that means I have some immediate concerns about the purchaser.

Regards,

Steve Sabow, Booth 1114, DynamicTwo@aol.com

bnorth
07-21-2019, 03:46 PM
As a booth holder, I used to say that Saturday and Sunday were historically my worst days at the National as those were the days that the true bargain holders showed up to make their best deals. The real heavy duty collectors show up on Weds. night and Thursday and Friday, and are often gone by the weekend.

But this has changed in recent years as my approach is to always give the best deal I can upfront and NOT wait for the weekend. Still, I do see some people coming back on Saturday and Sunday to renegotiate or buy something at the last minute, or on their way out the door.

I am still one of the old time dealers who accepts checks as a form of payment, for sometimes large amounts that other dealers would not take a chance on. If we have done business before, your check is golden and in most cases if we have not done business before, I still accept checks when my antennas do not go off. If I refuse a check, then that means I have some immediate concerns about the purchaser.

Regards,

Glad to hear someone still takes checks, I still pay with them sometimes. On here if it is someone I have dealt with before they usually send out the cards when I send out the check. Some wait till they receive the check and a few wait till it clears the bank. I figure as long as I don't have to use PayPal I am happy.:)

CurtisFlood
07-21-2019, 05:10 PM

Regards,

I do the same thing if I know them very well Steve.

rkrolewicz
07-21-2019, 11:51 PM
HOF Yankees, I have not heard from you. Did you get the thee emails I sent to you with pictures of 1960 cards?

kateighty
07-22-2019, 12:08 AM
Glad to hear someone still takes checks, I still pay with them sometimes.

Love ya Ben but keep it to baseball shows. Please please please don't do this when there's a line behind you at the grocery store.

HOF Yankees
07-22-2019, 07:45 AM
Love ya Ben but keep it to baseball shows. Please please please don't do this when there's a line behind you at the grocery store.

i love paying by couch coins at the grocery store!!!

rkrolewicz
07-22-2019, 09:00 AM
Did you get my emails?