PDA

View Full Version : HOF induction weekend at Cooperstown

kmac32
07-20-2019, 09:14 PM
Evening to all,

Just got back from dinner after the events of the day at Cooperstown. So far a great trip as we toured the Museum on Thursday. Very nice and informative. Had a great time. Exhibits were good and informative. The new Baseball card portion of the Museum was lacking in my opinion as there was not nearly enough vintage and what they did have were slabbed cards from PWCC. Nice cards but nothing special. Personally I view my own collection as more interesting and complete than what they had. Also they had many reprinits on display. Guess that is good for the general public but not for me.

I do not know if any of you ever went to the LA Sports Museum when it was open but in my personal opinion, it blew the HOF away with material and how it was displayed. I expected more from the HOF as the LA museum was a privately held collection.

Induction ceremony is at 1:30 tomorrow and I get to see my friend Lee Smith get inducted. The whole purpose of the trip. Also round table at 10:30 am Monday with all the new HOF members. So exciting.

Kmac