PDA

View Full Version : Who is good eBay seller to consign to (Not PWCC or Probstein)

BeanTown
07-19-2019, 06:59 PM
Looking for reasonable fees, and someone with good reputation that many follow.

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-19-2019, 07:22 PM
Dont know what he charges, but Greg Morris is very reputable. with a large following.

swarmee
07-19-2019, 07:42 PM
COMC. While they are only BINs right now, they have said they will add eBay auctions in the future.

Vintagecatcher
07-20-2019, 02:49 AM
Hi JC,

I have been buying from David Bryan, DavidBVintage for many years!

http://www.oldcardboard.com/

Patrick

gavvy
07-20-2019, 04:48 AM
Buythatcard is honest, reliable, and efficient.

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-20-2019, 05:12 AM

I didn't realize he took consignments. I would highly recommend him, have bought a lot from him in the past.

BeanTown
07-20-2019, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the recommendations both publicly and privately. I will reach out to them.

BigBeerGut
07-20-2019, 08:13 AM
Saco River is newer and under-rated
Try them

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-20-2019, 09:52 AM
Try them

He's looking for ebay sellers

sb1
07-20-2019, 10:06 AM
Selling on ebay might be a bit of a risk until they allow the various snipe services enabled. Many of the better items only see action in the last 30 seconds with snipes coming in. Without that tool, big bids might be a bit more muted and action much lighter. I think you will see a reduction of pure auctions on better material and more buy it now's to protect the seller.

brian1961
07-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Hi JC,

Patrick

I strongly agree with Patrick on recommending David Bryan, to help you sell, as well as to purchase from. IF I HAD TEN THUMBS, THEY'D ALL BE UP! David is a genuine expert as an eBay seller; his listings are flawless, with superb, crisp, close-up photos! --- Brian Powell

cubman1941
07-20-2019, 10:26 AM

I second that - I have consigned with him with great results and have bought from Howie many times over the years. I have him listed as Best on eBay.

RedsFan1941
07-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Try them

+1. a couple board members always attend Saco Auctions in person!!!!

BigBeerGut
07-20-2019, 12:33 PM
Selling on ebay might be a bit of a risk until they allow the various snipe services enabled. Many of the better items only see action in the last 30 seconds with snipes coming in. Without that tool, big bids might be a bit more muted and action much lighter. I think you will see a reduction of pure auctions on better material and more buy it now's to protect the seller.

SB1 is insightful !

no snipe programs have opened floodgates for ebidders

but it will end.

timn1
07-20-2019, 01:07 PM
He is top-notch.

Hi JC,

Patrick

mintacular
07-20-2019, 03:51 PM
II think Greg Morris only takes cards in the 3k minimum area, can't just send them a few hundred worth of cards

CMIZ5290
07-20-2019, 04:43 PM
+1. a couple board members always attend Saco Auctions in person!!!!

This from a guy that idolizes Ernie Lombardi!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

BigBeerGut
07-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Goldin does not get mentioned enuff

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-21-2019, 11:24 AM

He sells on ebay?

chalupacollects
07-21-2019, 01:31 PM
ebay seller www.stevenovella.com? Seems to get plenty of good cards...

wdwfan
07-21-2019, 02:20 PM
If you're selling something, and you don't like where it's headed, you can always end an auction at the 12-hour mark. After that, you're not allowed to end it. You pay a fee, but the fee may be small enough to make up lack of bids. I know people that have done that. I haven't tried it, but I've heard it works if you're stuff isn't going up near where you want it or where it should be.

sb1
07-21-2019, 03:37 PM
Do that about 2x's and I can assure you, you will have very limited bidding on anything you ever put up again. Word travels fast....

bigfish
07-21-2019, 03:45 PM
If you're selling something, and you don't like where it's headed, you can always end an auction at the 12-hour mark. After that, you're not allowed to end it. You pay a fee, but the fee may be small enough to make up lack of bids. I know people that have done that. I haven't tried it, but I've heard it works if you're stuff isn't going up near where you want it or where it should be.

Hoping that was a joke

Peter_Spaeth
07-21-2019, 03:47 PM

Nice instincts. You could also recruit some friends to bump it and see if the high bidder is higher. If it doesn't work they can always retract.

wdwfan
07-21-2019, 04:03 PM
No people actually do that. Or so I'm told. I've never done it nor have I ever considered it. I just use BINs.

Hoping that was a joke

There's a major difference in someone ending an auction early because it's not going as high as they want and someone bidding on their own auctions. In my opinion, shilling is just like scamming.

Nice instincts. You could also recruit some friends to bump it and see if the high bidder is higher. If it doesn't work they can always retract.

wdwfan
07-21-2019, 04:17 PM
As someone has said, Greg Morris is a good consignor. I've bought a few things from them. Also what about someone like Battersbox in Houston? Do they consign? Or BBC Exchange? I'm sure there are plenty of decent options.

sb1
07-21-2019, 04:27 PM
Nearly all of these sellers sell Topps/Bowman etc in bulk/set breaks, pretty sure that's not what he is looking to sell, but I could be wrong.

Knowing the type of material would make a huge difference in recommending someone. You don't sell a Ferrari and and a VW Beetle in the same auction, nor are 19th century/1966 Topps generally promoted the same.

RedsFan1941
07-21-2019, 04:30 PM

oh, he gets mentioned.

CMIZ5290
07-21-2019, 05:43 PM
oh, he gets mentioned.

I'm sure with the money Goldin has he will shed a tear over you....:rolleyes: Maybe Billy Werber can comfort you!! Ohh, and ken laughs all the way to the bank!