PDA

View Full Version : Heritage- wow

kailes2872
07-16-2019, 08:38 AM
I won a 48 Bowman set on Sunday night. I then went to pay yesterday morning with e-check. When I hit the button, I realized that it was a closed checking account from a couple of years ago (closed due to ID theft). I called about noon yesterday and they were able to void the transaction to ensure no NSF fees. I then paid on the new account about 2pm yesterday.

Overnight I received notification that my package had shipped. At 9:23 this morning it was at the front door.

The shipping fees and taxes are pretty heavy and add on to the sales price - but, I couldn’t be happier with the service. I had not bought from them in at least 2 years, yet they got it right out and even helped me fix my blunder.

Thanks to Peter and crew!

bobbyw8469
07-16-2019, 09:18 AM
You got a super deal on the Bowman set. I know I used to buy from Heritage all the time. Since they started charging me sales tax though, I haven't really given them a second look. I know it's not their fault, but in my mind, it is really stupid, especially considering how not every state pays the extra tax. I'm sure I am not alone in this.

wondo
07-16-2019, 09:21 AM
Congrats on your purchase and on your superlative customer service experience!!!

bnorth
07-16-2019, 09:26 AM
You got a super deal on the Bowman set. I know I used to buy from Heritage all the time. Since they started charging me sales tax though, I haven't really given them a second look. I know it's not their fault, but in my mind, it is really stupid, especially considering how not every state pays the extra tax. I'm sure I am not alone in this.

Aren't you a dealer? You buy and sell a ton of cards, or is that just a hobby?;) Being a real dealer with a tax license should make it so you are not paying sales tax on your purchases to resell.

Kevin, that is awesome they did such a great job at customer service for you.:)

bobbyw8469
07-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Aren't you a dealer? You buy and sell a ton of cards, or is that just a hobby?;) Being a real dealer with a tax license should make it so you are not paying sales tax on your purchases to resell.

Kevin, that is awesome they did such a great job at customer service for you.:)

It's a hobby....I do it for fun - to help me pay for stuff I want to keep. I have no tax number. But like everything else, the government had to get involved and suck the fun right out of it.

bnorth
07-16-2019, 10:52 AM
It's a hobby....I do it for fun - to help me pay for stuff I want to keep. I have no tax number. But like everything else, the government had to get involved and suck the fun right out of it.

I think most of us have done the buy/sell thing as a hobby. Personally I see it as a loophole we have been able to exploit that is now closing up. As a long time business owner I would imagine the "real" dealers with tax IDs are happy about it. It makes for a more level playing field for them.

kailes2872
07-16-2019, 11:09 AM
You got a super deal on the Bowman set. . Thanks Bobby. I always assume that I am the dead money that puts one extra bid in past an items value. The Scooter, Yogi, and Spahn are graded but the Musial is raw so I need to get that one in hand. It says there are 10-15% trimmed which would 5-8 so hopefully I got enough value that I can upgrade and no be over my skis in it.

Exhibitman
07-16-2019, 11:52 AM
How many freakin' times do we have to go over this? If your state has sales tax you owe it regardless of whether it is collected as sales tax by the seller or whether you are supposed to pay it as a use tax with your own tax returns. Please stop whining that the government is somehow treating you unfairly by making Heritage collect sales tax; it is finally policing the tax obligation that you have been dodging. I for one am happy that the states are finally going after the tax evaders who are free-riding on the rest of us who pay our taxes.

ejharrington
07-16-2019, 12:13 PM
How many freakin' times do we have to go over this? If your state has sales tax you owe it regardless of whether it is collected as sales tax by the seller or whether you are supposed to pay it as a use tax with your own tax returns. Please stop whining that the government is somehow treating you unfairly by making Heritage collect sales tax; it is finally policing the tax obligation that you have been dodging. I for one am happy that the states are finally going after the tax evaders who are free-riding on the rest of us who pay our taxes.
It's totally unfair to tax these high-priced cards (and coins, comics, etc.) These are more like investments (whether good or bad is debatable) than consumer goods.

We don't pay sales tax when we buy stocks, bonds, etc.. The same should apply to other investments as well.

bobbyw8469
07-16-2019, 12:28 PM
It's totally unfair to tax these high-priced cards (and coins, comics, etc.) These are more like investments (whether good or bad is debatable) than consumer goods.

We don't pay sales tax when we buy stocks, bonds, etc.. The same should apply to other investments as well.

Exactly......it's almost like paying taxes on a used TV. Wasn't the sales tax paid on it when the item was new?? How many times are you gonna freaking tax an item. PS - don't be a donkey.

Goudey77
07-16-2019, 12:36 PM
To the OP I have to agree that Heritage is the best in the business when it comes to customer service. The shipping is extraordinary. It's as if they have their own expedited shipping service which is an extension of their AH's excellence. It would be nearly impossible to improve upon Heritage's entire process from bid to delivery.

Five stars or 10/10 all day.

Goudey77
07-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Exactly......it's almost like paying taxes on a used TV. Wasn't the sales tax paid on it when the item was new?? How many times are you gonna freaking tax an item. PS - don't be a donkey.

Good point. Another reason to revise the tax laws for certain commodities. It is very much a blanket policy at this time.