PDA

View Full Version : Sad News Mike Kushner

Rich Klein
07-14-2019, 11:58 AM
I saw this on Jimmy Spence's FB page today and wanted to share. I have known Mike for more than 30 years and will miss our yearly National chats and other phone conversations.

"Today we said goodbye to our friend, Mike Kushner (age 74) of Howell Baseball. Attendees included at the West Paterson cemetery were Les Wolff, Chuck Tarantino, Mike’s son Warren, Glen, myself and Keith Vari. Kushner promoted baseball card shows in the mid-1980s and throughout the 1990s and was a popular dealer with his massive Ballcube Wall that would come crashing down every three years or so. Our industry lost a mensch. He’s in my Hall of Fame."

glynparson
07-14-2019, 01:06 PM
Very sad news mike was a nice guy and a presence at many east coast shows. Particularly in the New York NJ area.

Hankphenom
07-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Very sad to hear this. It was always a pleasure to see Mike at just about every show I ever did. I witnessed a couple of his wall catastrophes, they never discouraged him!

tedzan
07-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Very sad news, Rich.

Back in the good ole Willow Grove Show days (circa late 1980's), Mike's table was adjacent to mine. It's when he first started constructing his "baseball wall".
And, when the show was wall-to-wall people, invariably some body would accidentally bump his table, and Mike's "wall" would start to crumble. Usually, Mike
would be the the first guy laughing.

GOD Bless his soul....and, comfort his family and friends.

TED Z

joed25
07-15-2019, 07:44 PM
Terrible news. A truly special guy. It was always a pleasure working with him with the truck or booking hotel rooms for us. I will miss you Mike.

CurtisFlood
07-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Rich. Our aging dealer population is losing too many of the good ones lately.