PDA

View Full Version : VCP got a face lift

lowpopper
07-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Looks like Bobby gave it a more modern style format

https://vintagecardprices.com/

Peter_Spaeth
07-13-2019, 11:43 AM
I am not seeing back scans? Maybe just an early glitch?

jfkheat
07-13-2019, 12:06 PM
It won't open for me. I get an error message.

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Rhotchkiss
07-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Just tried via phone and I HATE it. Totally different, cannot figure out to how to navigate. I am tech slow, so it may take me some time, but so far I am very not happy and will not keep my subscription if I can’t figure it out

Figured it out a little bit more, and I think it will be fine once my dinosaur- ass gets use to a new interface. But I am having trouble getting back scans (can’t get them)

pokerplyr80
07-13-2019, 12:36 PM
I am getting an IPS driver error on my phone, whatever that means. I can pull up the site on a computer but it is taking a long time to load anything. I gave up already. Hopefully these are just minor issues that will be quickly taken care of. But as Rhotchkiss mentioned if I can't figure out the site there's no use paying for the service.

Peter_Spaeth
07-13-2019, 12:48 PM
I am alternating between getting in and not. I've seen the same message Jesse has but sometimes it works. I assume it's just a transition thing. I do hope no changes have been made to available scans, resolution, etc.

glynparson
07-13-2019, 01:13 PM
been getting that message all day

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Yes we launched the new site starting today and will take some time for the DNS propagation. This site rebuild has taken us over a year and we have worked very hard and given thought to everything imaginable. We realize that it is very hard for change, our old site was up for 12 years. It was out dated and we could not do anything with it the past 5 years in regards to improvements.

With this new site we can now do so much more and already have...

Hope that you like our improvements and give it a chance and embrace the change.

Donscards
07-13-2019, 01:26 PM
It is terrible---cant get prices---if it isn't broke, why fix it!!

jfkheat
07-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Yes we launched the new site starting today and will take some time for the DNS propagation. This site rebuild has taken us over a year and we have worked very hard and given thought to everything imaginable. We realize that it is very hard for change, our old site was up for 12 years. It was out dated and we could not do anything with it the past 5 years in regards to improvements.

Hope that you like our improvements and give it a chance and embrace the change.

It works on my phone but not my desktop computer. What needs to be done to fix this problem?
Thanks, James

pokerplyr80
07-13-2019, 01:45 PM
It is terrible---cant get prices---if it isn't broke, why fix it!!

In fairness Bobby just mentioned why the change was made. It sounds like more features are being added that should improve the site.

I will give them a chance to work the bugs out. The new site was just launched today.

Bobby perhaps it would help to explain the benefits of the new site vs the old.

bounce
07-13-2019, 02:10 PM

Couple comments based on early usage.

When searching T206s, obviously the backs make a difference. Seems like on the phone and laptop you have to "wait" for a "new screen" to populate to see the different combos? On the phone it doesn't always seem to happen.

On the "view all", I really like that feature for set pricing, however...and there may not be a good answer for this, but...

Example 1956 topps. The "view all" set price includes every possible combination of cards (white back, grey backs, the various team versions that you list and you don't actually list them all). It puts the "set price" probably double or more what it actually is.

I really like the idea of being able to get a set price, but I think you've gotta try to do something to define what cards are actually included in each set. If "set" really ends up meaning "master set", it basically becomes meaningless.

I didn't like the "change" as first, but as I'm searching more I'm coming around. Search results definitely seem to be coming faster than previous as well.

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Best for me to give you some links showing you.

https://www.facebook.com/VintageCardPrices/videos/2179104202156228/

https://www.facebook.com/VintageCardPrices/videos/583463602165976/

https://www.facebook.com/VintageCardPrices/videos/356154335004282/

Donscards
07-13-2019, 02:32 PM
In fairness Bobby just mentioned why the change was made. It sounds like more features are being added that should improve the site.

I will give them a chance to work the bugs out. The new site was just launched today.

Bobby perhaps it would help to explain the benefits of the new site vs the old.. I have tried pc , iPad and phone. Cannot find a price on any card

iowadoc77
07-13-2019, 02:36 PM
Worked for me on my iPhone. Very different interface. But seems manageable

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 02:42 PM
This software is designed to be used on all interfaces, Phones, Pads, Computers, etc...the old one could only be seen in a browser and was clunky.

bounce
07-13-2019, 03:18 PM
. I have tried pc , iPad and phone. Cannot find a price on any card

Have you tried logging in again? Same thing happened to me at first as sounds like is happening to you.

Rhotchkiss
07-13-2019, 04:22 PM
Bobby, I bet in the end it will be a great product. Like Don, I was very happy and familiar with the old format. Maybe also like Don, I don’t do well with change, especially when it involves technology. But I will give it a chance and be patient, and I understand there will be some bugs to work; I just wish you did after Heritage ended!!

Forward!

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 04:32 PM
If anyone needs help they can always call

808-634-9588

But please keep in mind I do live in Hawaii so there might be a time difference

asphaltman
07-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Working ok for me, will just take a bit of getting used to it.

asphaltman
07-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Bobby, one thing I'm not seeing. You used to be able to search by category, D cards, N cards, etc....not seeing that now?

t206kid
07-13-2019, 05:23 PM
The functionality for T206 backs has been bad for a couple weeks. It's really annoying to have to make 3-5 clicks to get to a back combo especially if it's piedmont/sweet cap. I really miss when the drop down would populate the list of backs and I could get there in 1 click.

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 05:34 PM
The functionality for T206 backs has been bad for a couple weeks. It's really annoying to have to make 3-5 clicks to get to a back combo especially if it's piedmont/sweet cap. I really miss when the drop down would populate the list of backs and I could get there in 1 click.

The Magnifying Glass on the right is the Search. You have some options here that you can use.

Decide what area..Baseball, Basketball, etc..

Then Keyword, Player Name, Set Name, ACC#

Just make sure that in the search it is set on ACC# and type in T206
and you will see everything perfectly like you would want.

bigfish
07-13-2019, 05:42 PM
How does it take for a price to hit your site? If there’s a significant lag can that be sped up?

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 05:58 PM
How does it take for a price to hit your site? If there’s a significant lag can that be sped up?

All depends what kind of sale took place. Regular auctions on eBay usually post within minutes. BIN's and BO's don't post until the time set by the seller expires. Thanks to eBays API system.

robkas68
07-13-2019, 06:02 PM
worked well for me

bigfish
07-13-2019, 06:32 PM
All depends what kind of sale took place. Regular auctions on eBay usually post within minutes. BIN's and BO's don't post until the time set by the seller expires. Thanks to eBays API system.

There is a group of d bags that try to sell cards before the buy price hits your site. They quote the last reported sale as their data point.

Would Leon be open to creating a list of hobby deplorables that use this tactic?

Peter_Spaeth
07-13-2019, 06:37 PM

Do you see the actual accepted price on a BO or just the listed price?

Peter_Spaeth
07-13-2019, 06:38 PM
There is a group of d bags that try to sell cards before the buy price hits your site. They quote the last reported sale as their data point.

Would Leon be open to creating a list of hobby deplorables that use this tactic?

I may be missing you but if that's all the data that's visible, what are they doing wrong?

Buythatcard
07-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Looks nice. Just need to get use to new format.

My one complaint is that the font colors are too light. I find it hard to read many of the pages. Should just stick to black.

bigfish
07-13-2019, 06:48 PM
I may be missing you but if that's all the data that's visible, what are they doing wrong?

Hi Peter,

I guess they are being sneaky or disingenuous in my opinion. Hypotheical . Example... the last 69 topps PSA 9 Pete Rose sold for 2100. 1000 higher than any previous sale. The next Psa 9 Pete Rose sells for 900. The buyer then shops the card using the 2100 data point which was most likely run up to create an artificial price point.

A few friends of mine have fell for this. I know it’s up to people to know what the market is but the amount of price fixing that is occurring along with eve thing else is huge.

I know an advanced collector like you Peter would not fall for this but I think it’s good to share information.

Just an opinion

Buythatcard
07-13-2019, 06:50 PM
On the page that shows Filter by Card # or Name, there is an example that shows multiple players. So, I assumed that you can search for multiple players. I tried searching for Mantle & Mays in the 1952 Topps set. I entered Mantle, Mays but received No matching records found.
Does this functionality work or am I doing something wrong?

Peter_Spaeth
07-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Hi Peter,

I guess they are being sneaky or disingenuous in my opinion. Hypotheical . Example... the last 69 topps PSA 9 Pete Rose sold for 2100. 1000 higher than any previous sale. The next Psa 9 Pete Rose sells for 900. The buyer then shops the card using the 2100 data point which was most likely run up to create an artificial price point.

A few friends of mine have fell for this. I know it’s up to people to know what the market is but the amount of price fixing that is occurring along with eve thing else is huge.

I know an advanced collector like you Peter would not fall for this but I think it’s good to share information.

Just an opinion

So in your example the 900 Rose has not yet hit VCP?

Peter_Spaeth
07-13-2019, 06:52 PM

BINs now don't have an expiration date, at least one the seller can set, so how does that work?

prestigecollectibles
07-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Bobby, I sold a card on eBay that is listed incorrectly on the site.
Is there a way to get it fixed?

It was eBay item number:273877787415
1959 Sadaharu Oh PSA 6 GOLD Border Hoshi Gangu JCM 24 Japan Rookie Menko Card

It should be listed here GOLD BORDER https://vintagecardprices.com/card/baseball-card-values/1959-Hoshi-Gangu-Gold-Border-Hoshi-Gangu-Gold-Border-Sadaharu-Oh/442543

However it is listed here REGULAR BORDER https://vintagecardprices.com/card/baseball-card-values/1959-Hoshi-Gangu-Hoshi-Gangu-Sadaharu-Oh/375689

Thanks,
Robert

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Bobby, I sold a card on eBay that is listed incorrectly on the site.
Is there a way to get it fixed?

It was eBay item number:273877787415
1959 Sadaharu Oh PSA 6 GOLD Border Hoshi Gangu JCM 24 Japan Rookie Menko Card

It should be listed here GOLD BORDER https://vintagecardprices.com/card/baseball-card-values/1959-Hoshi-Gangu-Gold-Border-Hoshi-Gangu-Gold-Border-Sadaharu-Oh/442543

However it is listed here REGULAR BORDER https://vintagecardprices.com/card/baseball-card-values/1959-Hoshi-Gangu-Hoshi-Gangu-Sadaharu-Oh/375689

Thanks,
Robert

Fixed now

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 07:29 PM
On the page that shows Filter by Card # or Name, there is an example that shows multiple players. So, I assumed that you can search for multiple players. I tried searching for Mantle & Mays in the 1952 Topps set. I entered Mantle, Mays but received No matching records found.
Does this functionality work or am I doing something wrong?

That is just sample entry it takes just one name or number. But if there are multiple cards in that set with the same name or number then they will show up. For example in the T206 if you type McGraw all 4 of his cards will show.

3-2-count
07-13-2019, 07:42 PM
Will you be adding a larger image of the card?

Although the new zoom feature is a nice option, having a nice large image other than the smaller pic currently showing would be nice.

You know, like it used to be :-)

t206kid
07-13-2019, 07:53 PM
The Magnifying Glass on the right is the Search. You have some options here that you can use.

Decide what area..Baseball, Basketball, etc..

Then Keyword, Player Name, Set Name, ACC#

Just make sure that in the search it is set on ACC# and type in T206
and you will see everything perfectly like you would want.

That wasn't what I was saying. Say I want to query a Green Cobb with a Piedmont back. About a month ago I could type T206 cobb in the search bar, and the drop down would populate with all the cobbs and all the backs...I could scroll down and select what I wanted.

Now I have to type T206 cobb, get all the results, then scroll down, go to page 2, then click the combo I want. I do a ton of queries, and it's not a trivial thing.

BobbyVCP
07-13-2019, 09:47 PM
That wasn't what I was saying. Say I want to query a Green Cobb with a Piedmont back. About a month ago I could type T206 cobb in the search bar, and the drop down would populate with all the cobbs and all the backs...I could scroll down and select what I wanted.

Now I have to type T206 cobb, get all the results, then scroll down, go to page 2, then click the combo I want. I do a ton of queries, and it's not a trivial thing.

Okay I see what you are talking about and think I know what you are looking for, put in a ticket on it. Give it some time but the search in the future should show up with all the back combination as well.

Rhotchkiss
07-13-2019, 11:41 PM
Bobby, I am a big t206 guy. First thing I did on the new site (on my phone) was search t206 Cobb (Jay great minds....). A large list game up of the front variations (red, green, bat on etc), but I had no idea which of this red portrait links was for Lenox or told you or piedmont, without clicking on the link. I too really liked that I could search t206 Cobb and the first page would be all the Cobb variations in all the possible back combos.

Likely same with e92 (dockman, nadja, crofts cocoa and candy, blank, etc)

trambo
07-14-2019, 06:37 AM
Okay I see what you are talking about and think I know what you are looking for, put in a ticket on it. Give it some time but the search in the future should show up with all the back combination as well.

Bobby- Thanks for having this as a resource and the willingness to improve the site! Sure there are going to be things that will take a little getting used to but the data is there and I am thankful we have something better than ebay, SMR or Beckett to do research for pricing! The historical data is fantastic!!

icurnmedic
07-14-2019, 09:22 AM
In the future it would be nice NOT to change the site on Saturday! Could not use it at the show yesterday, and likely cost me some nice stuff. But today seems to work good.

t206kid
07-14-2019, 09:35 AM

Awesome! Much appreciated

iowadoc77
07-14-2019, 10:00 AM
Used it this morning to look for a card and automatically auctions that had the card listed popped up. Cool feature. Easy to navigate with my phone.

BobbyVCP
07-14-2019, 10:02 AM
In the future it would be nice NOT to change the site on Saturday! Could not use it at the show yesterday, and likely cost me some nice stuff. But today seems to work good.

The change actually started Friday night which is our slowest traffic day of the week. We thought we would have the site up sooner but doing these things and moving large sites you do run into issues and we had our share of problems. The site is running fairly smoothly now and we do have some errors that need attention. But the hard part is over...

3-2-count
07-14-2019, 10:15 AM
Bobby, even as a gold member images are small in size. I realize you've implemented a circular zoom feature by touching the image with the cursor which is great, but do you also plan on having larger images available such as what the old site offered?

Baseballcrazy62
07-14-2019, 11:25 AM
Bobby: one thing that isn’t on the new site that I wish you could bring back is the number of cards that are in the “my collection” header. It used to be in there with “viewing all groups in collection “. Other than that I really like it.

BobbyVCP
07-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Bobby: one thing that isn’t on the new site that I wish you could bring back is the number of cards that are in the “my collection” header. It used to be in there with “viewing all groups in collection “. Other than that I really like it.

A ticket request has been put in to add this to the MC

So will look like: My Collection (278 Cards)

PhillyFan1883
07-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Hi Bobby,

I hope all is well. Congrats on the new look site..
Something I have noticed being a M101-5 and m101-4 collector is #186 Zach Wheat in the -5 section is not listed correctly- Bobby Wallace cards are in the wheat sold comps section. And no 186 Bobby Wallace listed. I have noticed others players missing also.. referencing all the card numbers and variations may be helpful. The best source to see the true master set list is old cardboard .com combined master set list of m101-4s and m101-5s.. I would like to see wheat comps also who is the same number..

I noticed this on the old site also.

Thank you,
Connor

Baseball Bob
07-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Bobby-
Overall a nice upgrade, but honestly, the login and search field should be front and center of the home page, not an extra click away. My ancient hand hurt enough from clicking that I don’t need more clicks!

Thanks, Eric

martyp
07-14-2019, 11:59 PM
I just searched 1958 Mays and the only result that I got was 1958 Yoo-Hoo matchbook Mantle. What do I need to do different?

BobbyVCP
07-15-2019, 09:46 AM
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=359514&stc=1&d=1563205405

In the search you choose Baseball and Keywords if you typed 1958 Mays then this would be your results. I see 9 different cards for Willie and no Mantle.

Sean1125
07-15-2019, 09:48 AM
It looks like VCP has a live chat feature to speak with a customer agent. I love this feature! I identify mis-sales or small errors all the time and to know someone corrects them in real time gives me more confidence in the data I am reviewing.

Leon
07-15-2019, 10:01 AM

You don't even like putting your name out here now. :) And I am not into managing it.

BobbyVCP
07-15-2019, 10:06 AM
It looks like VCP has a live chat feature to speak with a customer agent. I love this feature! I identify mis-sales or small errors all the time and to know someone corrects them in real time gives me more confidence in the data I am reviewing.

Also on the bottom right of every page is "Report a problem" this is the better way. We fix the errors usually within minutes.

Baseballcrazy62
07-15-2019, 10:33 AM
Bobby: thank you.

BobbyVCP
07-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Bobby, even as a gold member images are small in size. I realize you've implemented a circular zoom feature by touching the image with the cursor which is great, but do you also plan on having larger images available such as what the old site offered?

In regards to the images we really have no control of the sizes because it is what the sellers post. The larger images posted by sellers will have a stronger magnification on VCP than the smaller images. I hope that this makes sense.

BobbyVCP
07-15-2019, 04:54 PM
The T206 search has been fixed and wanted to show you.http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=359524&stc=1&d=1563231280

martyp
07-15-2019, 08:23 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=359514&stc=1&d=1563205405

In the search you choose Baseball and Keywords if you typed 1958 Mays then this would be your results. I see 9 different cards for Willie and no Mantle.I am now getting what you posted. Thanks for the fix

Rhotchkiss
07-16-2019, 07:14 AM
The T206 search has been fixed and wanted to show you.http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=359524&stc=1&d=1563231280

Bobby, great fix!! this is huge for me and T206 guys. Thank You!

t206kid
07-16-2019, 07:40 AM

I agree with Ryan, this is great. Thank you so much for implementing this.

jhs5120
07-16-2019, 07:34 PM
The search feature at the set level no longer works. If you type in a number, it pulls too many results (every card with that number in the price).

If you type in multiple numbers, nothing is pulled.

Is this something on the list of getting fixed? I use the multiple search function most days. Thanks!

MULLINS5
07-16-2019, 09:21 PM
How about addressing the recent posts on Blowout and CU?

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 01:37 AM
Hi Bobby,

I hope all is well. Congrats on the new look site..
Something I have noticed being a M101-5 and m101-4 collector is #186 Zach Wheat in the -5 section is not listed correctly- Bobby Wallace cards are in the wheat sold comps section. And no 186 Bobby Wallace listed. I have noticed others players missing also.. referencing all the card numbers and variations may be helpful. The best source to see the true master set list is old cardboard .com combined master set list of m101-4s and m101-5s.. I would like to see wheat comps also who is the same number..

I noticed this on the old site also.

Thank you,
Connor

I just fixed the set, still can not move sales data around yet. As soon as I get the green light for that then that can be adjusted. Still working on fixing a lot of things that really could not be tested until we moved servers and into the new software.

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 01:47 AM
To the person the asked for the Oh card to be moved. We had to move it back temporarily because the image did not go with it. Need to fix that first
and then we will move it to the correct listing.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 09:46 AM
How about addressing the recent posts on Blowout and CU?

Like the one suggesting Bobby under another ID is threatening to once again pull the buyer ID data? Or the one criticizing him for the mega PWCC banner ad?

Leon
07-17-2019, 10:10 AM
Like the one suggesting Bobby under another ID is threatening to once again pull the buyer ID data? Or the one criticizing him for the mega PWCC banner ad?

Personally I would not answer anonymous trolls if I were him. People who are not hiding behind a keyboard I would answer.

jhs5120
07-17-2019, 11:10 AM
The search feature at the set level no longer works. If you type in a number, it pulls too many results (every card with that number in the price).

If you type in multiple numbers, nothing is pulled.

Is this something on the list of getting fixed? I use the multiple search function most days. Thanks!

Hi Bobby!

To prevent this from getting sidetracked, I wanted to highlight this question again.

Thanks,

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 11:11 AM
I am only a member on this board and only post on this board. Here is where VCP started 12 years ago. Here is a place that I respect their opinion and ideas and value the feedback given.

I hope this answers your question Peter_Spaeth

HasselhoffsCheeseburger
07-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Bobby, you got caught redhanded posting under an alt on CU. I mean, come on... you literally identified yourself in the older posts. I know it's embarrassing but have a sense of humor about it.

Arthur

Batpig
07-17-2019, 12:05 PM
I am only a member on this board and only post on this board. Here is where VCP started 12 years ago. Here is a place that I respect their opinion and ideas and value the feedback given.

Total and utter garbage, and anyone that reads those threads will see that. If you’d just own up to it, you might regain some credibility. The fact that you aren’t has made me rethink giving you the benefit of the doubt about protecting PWCC.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 12:27 PM

OK I am asking you the same question under my name, not in an accusatory way, just curious why there seems to be difficultly saving images that were not difficult to save before.

On a frankly more confrontational note, obviously you are not responding to the question I myself asked, which is why you are still promoting PWCC, since you don't by your own statements need their revenue.

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 01:00 PM
OK I am asking you the same question under my name, not in an accusatory way, just curious why there seems to be difficultly saving images that were not difficult to save before.

On a frankly more confrontational note, obviously you are not responding to the question I myself asked, which is why you are still promoting PWCC, since you don't by your own statements need their revenue.

Saving images? Not sure what you mean by this and did not know you could even do this on the old site. If you could it is new to me. Viewing images of past sales I can see we now have an image viewer so that you do not have to keep going back to the page and clicking.

In regards to PWCC and advertising. At the beginning of each year they purchase X amount of days for our side panel blitz program and pay for the whole year in advance in order to get a better rate. They have been doing this with us for the past 6 or 7 years now.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 01:07 PM
If I had a website I would not want an ad from a fraudster to be the first thing people saw when they opened it. Take down the ad and refund the balance of his payment, how hard would that be? Is he going to sue you?

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 01:12 PM

So to be clear, do you deny you are ConcernedCollec on Blowout? People might have ways of finding out, keep in mind.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger
07-17-2019, 01:14 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/Z1BTGhofioRxK/source.gif

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Personally I would not answer anonymous trolls if I were him. People who are not hiding behind a keyboard I would answer.

I would not characterize the guys who have found all these altered cards as trolls, with due respect.

jhs5120
07-17-2019, 01:18 PM
If I had a website I would not want an ad from a fraudster to be the first thing people saw when they opened it. Take down the ad and refund the balance of his payment, how hard would that be? Is he going to sue you?

And thus Peter Spaeth has so commanded. Sorry Bobby, I guess you're going to need to refund PWCC.

On a side note, could you let me know whether the search feature is getting fixed?

Thanks again.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger
07-17-2019, 01:18 PM
So to be clear, do you deny you are ConcernedCollec on Blowout? People might have ways of finding out, keep in mind.

This is a good one but the KauaBB on CU is much better and what caused the Blowout outing. "Who is Bobby?" has a non-zero chance of getting made into a t-shirt.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1022571/new-vcp#latest

Arthur

ETA: But don't worry, I totally believe your entire Memorial Day BS story now after all of this. Get busted posting under an alt? Double-down and do it again! That's how honest folk work.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=jhs5120;1899791]And thus Peter Spaeth has so commanded. Sorry Bobby, I guess you're going to need to refund PWCC.

On a side note, could you let me know whether the search feature is getting fixed?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE

Better to continue having people open up the website and see a huge ad from a fraudster. Cool.

jhs5120
07-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Better to continue having people open up the website and see a huge ad from a fraudster. Cool.

Personally I'd rather see the money in Bobby's hands to continue improving the site.

If you're going to police what ad revenue companies accept, you're going to be a very busy man. Let Bobby run his company.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger
07-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Personally I'd rather see the money in Bobby's hands to continue improving the site.

If you're going to police what ad revenue companies accept, you're going to be a very busy man. Let Bobby run his company.

Seriously guys. Johnson & Johnson, Pablo Escobar: you say toe-may-toe I say toe-mah-toe.

Arthur

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 02:05 PM

Thanks again.

Can you elaborate on this? If it is in regards to the T206 Cobb search under Key Words...that has already been fixed and now showing back combinations as well.

If not than you need to tell me again, sorry if I missed it the first time.

Bicem
07-17-2019, 02:13 PM

*crickets chirping*

jhs5120
07-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Can you elaborate on this? If it is in regards to the T206 Cobb search under Key Words...that has already been fixed and now showing back combinations as well.

If not than you need to tell me again, sorry if I missed it the first time.

Hi Bobby,

See post # 63. When you go to any set page, the "Filter by Card # or Name" no longer works properly. The search function can no longer register multiple entries ("4, 76, 112, 156" for example) and when you search for a number, it will pull up too many incorrect results (mistakenly pulling the sales prices along with the set numbers). Please see the attached screen grabs.

Thanks!
Jason

I am primarily concerned with the multiple entries function, but the second issue can be somewhat annoying.

CuriousGeorge
07-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Jason, you couldn’t have cropped PWCC out of those illustrations on the top left? Are you looking to cause a riot here??

Hi Bobby,

See post # 63. When you go to any set page, the "Filter by Card # or Name" no longer works properly. The search function can no longer register multiple entries ("4, 76, 112, 156" for example) and when you search for a number, it will pull up too many incorrect results (mistakenly pulling the sales prices along with the set numbers). Please see the attached screen grabs.

Thanks!
Jason

I am primarily concerned with the multiple entries function, but the second issue can be somewhat annoying.

JeremyW
07-17-2019, 02:23 PM

Or kauaBB on PSA's site?

jhs5120
07-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Jason, you couldn’t have cropped PWCC out of those illustrations on the top left? Are you looking to cause a riot here??

Hopefully Peter doesn't make me write lines at the chalkboard. :)

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 02:32 PM
Hi Bobby,

Thanks!
Jason

Right now the filter is set up for single entry and not multiple. We are looking into making it a multiple point. So you will be able to enter 1,8,296 with the key part being the "comma".

In your second image we did not catch this because we never tried the filter will the Grade/Grader was on, it appears it is picking up all the 88 in the values as well. We need to adjust this to only read the name column.

Putting in a fix ticket now.

Thanks for pointing that out.

jhs5120
07-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Right now the filter is set up for single entry and not multiple. We are looking into making it a multiple point. So you will be able to enter 1,8,296 with the key part being the "comma".

In your second image we did not catch this because we never tried the filter will the Grade/Grader was on, it appears it is picking up all the 88 in the values as well. We need to adjust this to only read the name column.

Putting in a fix ticket now.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Happy to help and I appreciate the response. Going forward, when do you believe multiple entries will be available again?

Also, if you do make multiple entries available, you might need to reconfigure the current search mechanism. If I search "5, 65, 118" it will pull cards 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, etc.

I like the new set up. My only gripe is the multiple fields search. Other than that, I think there are a ton of improvements.

CuriousGeorge
07-17-2019, 02:37 PM

I’m hoping you don’t get smacked in the butt with a ruler.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 02:51 PM

LOL Jason.

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Happy to help and I appreciate the response. Going forward, when do you believe multiple entries will be available again?

Also, if you do make multiple entries available, you might need to reconfigure the current search mechanism. If I search "5, 65, 118" it will pull cards 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, etc.

I like the new set up. My only gripe is the multiple fields search. Other than that, I think there are a ton of improvements.

By putting in the 5 you are getting the 5,15,25,35,etc...

Plan is to make the "Comma" the stop point for that request.

Getting it into action hope it wont be that long maybe a few days.

jhs5120
07-17-2019, 02:59 PM
By putting in the 5 you are getting the 5,15,25,35,etc...

Plan is to make the "Comma" the stop point for that request.

Getting it into action hope it wont be that long maybe a few days.

That would be huge. Thank you again!

Leon
07-17-2019, 05:18 PM
I would not characterize the guys who have found all these altered cards as trolls, with due respect.

Please don't put words in my mouth . There are a few good guys over there but there are a ton of trolls too.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 05:26 PM
Please don't put words in my mouth . There are a few good guys over there but there are a ton of trolls too.

The guy asking Bobby the question was one of the guys outing the altered cards. You said to Bobby you would not reply to an anonymous troll. So it seemed a fair comment.

Leon
07-17-2019, 06:17 PM
The guy asking Bobby the question was one of the guys outing the altered cards. You said to Bobby you would not reply to an anonymous troll. So it seemed a fair comment.

So the mods over there will out Bobby (if he was there) but not one of the trolls saying i sell drugs to kids? Great place. And those guys doing all of the outing could be Peter Nash or worse. How do you know they aren't? I imagine some of the guys are decent guys but without knowing who they are how do you know? I could almost guarantee some are low life criminals, but again, since the mods protect them there is no way to know. Cesspool with a few good guys if you ask me. No thanks. Btw, Did the guy(s) over there accusing Bobby have names next to their ids?

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 06:27 PM
So the mods over there will out Bobby (if he was there) but not one of the trolls saying i sell drugs to kids? Great place. And those guys doing all of the outing could be Peter Nash or worse. How do you know they aren't? I imagine some of the guys are decent guys but without knowing who they are how do you know? I could almost guarantee some are low life criminals, but again, since the mods protect them there is no way to know. Cesspool with a few good guys if you ask me. No thanks. Btw, Did the guy(s) over there accusing Bobby have names next to their ids?

I am not defending the whole concept of that board, I was only responding to a specific comment you made about one question asked there by one guy. I took your comment to imply that guy was a troll and I disagree.

That said, I fully support your policy of requiring names, as you know. But I've had lots of communications with the people on Blowout doing the outing and I either know who they are or am satisfied that they are acting with integrity. And their work really doesn't depend on who they are, pictures are pictures.

Leon
07-17-2019, 06:32 PM
So acting with integrity even if you are a criminal is ok, got it.

I am not defending the whole concept of that board, I was only responding to a specific comment you made about one question asked there by one guy. I took your comment to imply that guy was a troll and I disagree.

That said, I fully support your policy of requiring names, as you know. But I've had lots of communications with the people on Blowout doing the outing and I either know who they are or am satisfied that they are acting with integrity. And their work really doesn't depend on who they are, pictures are pictures.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 06:34 PM
So acting with integrity even if you are a criminal is ok, got it.

I am not following you. I don't think any of those guys is Peter Nash.

ZiggerZagger
07-17-2019, 06:41 PM

Bobby -- Agree with these points fully.

Being able to see a full-sized image for several examples within a given grade is the main utility of VCP for me. Not being able to see a blown-up image of each card within a given grade is a 100% killer.

VCP has been the best and pretty much only way to easily get a sense for what a very "strong for grade" vs "weak" card might sell for. The circular zoom is fine, but it's absolutely impossible to get an overall sense for the card without being able to see a rather large picture of the entire card.

Getting that large image of the card only with a single click would be ideal, and would be an improvement on the old separate popup window version of of the old site. Restricting the circular zoom feature to a hover feature, while being able to open the largest possible image with a single click on the image itself would be my recommendation.
--Or alternatively, making the white popup box substantially larger, so as to take up nearly the entire screen, might get us there as well.

Would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

Leon
07-17-2019, 06:43 PM
You said as long as they act with integrity it doesn't matter (I said they could be criminal). I politely disagree. I am not saying what they have done is bad, it's good. But they might not have clean hands themselves and there is no way to know. How do you know for sure that the guys doing the outing aren't fraudsters too? That is just a problem for me and if you don't care, I understand. Again, Moser, PWCC, PSA, me, or anyone committing fraud should be punished, I am not saying they shouldn't.

I am not following you. I don't think any of those guys is Peter Nash.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 06:49 PM
You said as long as they act with integrity it doesn't matter (I said they could be criminal). I politely disagree. I am not saying what they have done is bad, it's good. But they might not have clean hands themselves and there is no way to know. How do you know for sure that the guys doing the outing aren't fraudsters too? That is just a problem for me and if you don't care, I understand. Again, Moser, PWCC, PSA, me, or anyone committing fraud should be punished, I am not saying they shouldn't.

They could also be Madonna or Mike Trout. No, I don't know for certain who a couple of them are, but I am relying on my judgment and instincts I guess, formed on the basis of many dealings.

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 07:41 PM

Being able to see a full-sized image for several examples within a given grade is the main utility of VCP for me. Not being able to see a blown-up image of each card within a given grade is a 100% killer.

VCP has been the best and pretty much only way to easily get a sense for what a very "strong for grade" vs "weak" card might sell for. The circular zoom is fine, but it's absolutely impossible to get an overall sense for the card without being able to see a rather large picture of the entire card.

Getting that large image of the card only with a single click would be ideal, and would be an improvement on the old separate popup window version of of the old site. Restricting the circular zoom feature to a hover feature, while being able to open the largest possible image with a single click on the image itself would be my recommendation.
--Or alternatively, making the white popup box substantially larger, so as to take up nearly the entire screen, might get us there as well.

I think this is something that can be looked into down the road in making the box larger to make the images larger to start. You also have to keep in mind the decision for that size is also due to about 60% of our users being on phones and not computers. So the larger image size really does not do them any good.

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 07:54 PM
Bobby, one thing I'm not seeing. You used to be able to search by category, D cards, N cards, etc....not seeing that now?

Sorry about that there is an ACC# search selection on there as well.

Besides the sports selections Baseball, Basketball, etc

It goes

Key Word, Player Name (Full Name-now), Set Name, ACC#

RedsFan1941
07-17-2019, 07:56 PM
a 60-40 split is what you based your decision on to go with a format that doesn’t allow larger images? for a hobby in which many collectors place a premium on condition (and lately, as we have seen, larger images help to uncover fraud). the more you post the more i question why you are doing the things you do.

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 07:57 PM

This is now live and we took it a step further with totals also in your groups as well. You may need to do a shift-Refresh or log in and log out to see it.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 08:08 PM
a 60-40 split is what you based your decision on to go with a format that doesn’t allow larger images? for a hobby in which many collectors place a premium on condition (and lately, as we have seen, larger images help to uncover fraud). the more you post the more i question why you are doing the things you do.

Bobby -- did you post this on Blowout?

Yesterday, 02:42 PM #4171
ConcernedCollec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys really think it is a good idea to be trashing Bobby?

After all he is the guy that got the buyers ID turned back on for you. Without that a lot of your discovery would be a lot harder.

I am sure he could just as easily turn it off....

BobbyVCP
07-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Bobby -- did you post this on Blowout?

Yesterday, 02:42 PM #4171
ConcernedCollec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys really think it is a good idea to be trashing Bobby?

After all he is the guy that got the buyers ID turned back on for you. Without that a lot of your discovery would be a lot harder.

I am sure he could just as easily turn it off....

No

thenextlevel
07-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Cesspool with a few good guys if you ask me. No thanks

Wow, that’s painting with a broad brush. I didn’t know posting without your name attached classifies one as likely a scumbag.

Leon
07-17-2019, 08:50 PM
Wow, that’s painting with a broad brush. I didn’t know posting without your name attached classifies one as likely a scumbag.

I didn't say that. I said it is a cesspool. I am more talking about the way that place is moderated. I would guess most over there Are GOOD people. But as I said there are a lot of trolls too. And they get protected. That isn't good in my book but I guess it is yours. We can agree to disagree. BTW what I specifically said is that the troll saying I was selling drugs to kids is protected. If I wanted to pursue it I would sue the venue for that information and go after them in court. But I am not wasting my time I just left over there... I am sure you would be ok with some troll saying that unfounded crap about you, right?

thenextlevel
07-17-2019, 09:07 PM
I didn't say that. I said it is a cesspool. I am more talking about the way that place is moderated. I would guess most over there Are GOOD people. But as I said there are a lot of trolls too. And they get protected. That isn't good in my book but I guess it is yours. We can agree to disagree. BTW what I specifically said is that the troll saying I was selling drugs to kids is protected. If I wanted to pursue it I would sue the venue for that information and go after them in court. But I am not wasting my time I just left over there... I am sure you would be ok with some troll saying that unfounded crap about you, right?

I’m not speaking for the trolls that you find on any message board, and no, I would not be ok with that degree of slander, but there are a lot of good members there, regardless of their anonymity.

Kenny Cole
07-17-2019, 09:25 PM

Leon,

I agree that posting names is a good thing. And I always do it, as you know.
I am also good with people outing fraudsters, particularly if, as there has been, before and after pics are posted that are pretty damning. In that specific instance, I am beyond OK with that even if they don't post names. Would I prefer that they did? certainly. But the evidence is rather compelling irrespective of that. If the authorities decide to take action, they will get those identities, I promise.

I am also good with the initial question Peter asked of Bobby. If you go read the thread, it is pretty clear that the CU reveal that was posted on Blowout indicated that Bobby posted under a, shall we say, assumed name, denied that it was him, and got caught based on previous posts where he had actually posted and identified himself under that same assumed name. It was really quite comical IMO.. I don't think there is anything wrong with calling him out for that either, because that was BS. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

Leon
07-17-2019, 09:57 PM
Well I agree that outing fraud is good. I just think some of those outing the fraud are probably fraudsters too. I realize you don't have an issue with that (or seem to insinuate that). I do, we can easily agree to disagree. That doesn't mean what they say isn't true.
I was taken to task over there for things I don't/didn't do. And the mods did nothing. And no, I would not answer anonymous posters questions either. IF they want to put their real, verifiable, name next to it I am happy to answer. But it would not be in a venue where those kind of patently false accusations, by anonymous (trolls in my book), don't get reprimanded. Overall, of course I am glad the fraud that was going on was outed and is being dealt with by authorities. I hope whomever is committing fraud in the hobby gets punished to the full extent of the law. It hurts all hobbyists.

Leon,

I agree that posting names is a good thing. And I always do it, as you know.
I am also good with people outing fraudsters, particularly if, as there has been, before and after pics are posted that are pretty damning. In that specific instance, I am beyond OK with that even if they don't post names. Would I prefer that they did? certainly. But the evidence is rather compelling irrespective of that. If the authorities decide to take action, they will get those identities, I promise.

I am also good with the initial question Peter asked of Bobby. If you go read the thread, it is pretty clear that the CU reveal that was posted on Blowout indicated that Bobby posted under a, shall we say, assumed name, denied that it was him, and got caught based on previous posts where he had actually posted and identified himself under that same assumed name. It was really quite comical IMO.. I don't think there is anything wrong with calling him out for that either, because that was BS. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 10:00 PM
What's your basis for saying those outing the fraud are fraudsters, or some of them?

Leon
07-17-2019, 10:08 PM
What's your basis for saying those outing the fraud are fraudsters, or some of them?

I didn't say they "are" I said they could be. We don't know. That is the problem. Just like Manny getting booted from here as he wouldn't identify himself. There are some coincidences with him and a certain, well known fraudster, that are suspect to me. But maybe you are right. We don't know, is all we know for sure. I really don't want to talk about it any longer. Good luck and please keep helping to out fraud. I appreciate it (as well as a lot of other hobbyists).

Peter_Spaeth
07-17-2019, 10:09 PM
I didn't say they "are" I said they could be. We don't know. That is the problem. Just like Manny getting booted from here as he wouldn't identify himself. There are some coincidences with him and a certain, well known fraudster, that are suspect to me. But maybe you are right. We don't know, is all we know for sure. I really don't want to talk about it any longer. Good luck and please keep helping to out fraud. I appreciate it (as well as a lot of other hobbyists).

You said "probably."

But even if we knew their identities, that wouldn't conclusively prove or disprove anything either. People I had thought clean have turned out not to be. One never knows.

Kenny Cole
07-17-2019, 10:26 PM
Well I agree that outing fraud is good. I just think some of those outing the fraud are probably fraudsters too. I realize you don't have an issue with that (or seem to insinuate that). I do, we can easily agree to disagree. That doesn't mean what they say isn't true.
I was taken to task over there for things I don't/didn't do. And the mods did nothing. And no, I would not answer anonymous posters questions either. IF they want to put their real, verifiable, name next to it I am happy to answer. But it would not be in a venue where those kind of patently false accusations, by anonymous (trolls in my book), don't get reprimanded. Overall, of course I am glad the fraud that was going on was outed and is being dealt with by authorities. I hope whomever is committing fraud in the hobby gets punished to the full extent of the law. It hurts all hobbyists.

I would certainly have an issue if they were actually committing fraud which was or could be proven, such as PWCC is doing. But I haven't seen any evidence of that. Zero. So at this point, what you think is speculation at best IMO. I can't really go too far on complete speculation. If you do, OK. I don't. If you have that fraudsters evidence that I haven't yet seen, show me what it is and I will look at it and maybe revise my opinion. I don't like fraudsters either. I just don't know why you are saying that.

Nor do I think that any of the accusations we are talking about are patently false. I actually feel that it is otherwise. And, with respect to the initial question Peter asked, Bobby outed himself. If you are dumb enough to do that, you get what you get. He deserves to be flamed. Its pretty easy IMO.

BobbyVCP
07-18-2019, 01:21 AM
Just wanted to show you what the new My Collection now looks looks like now with card totals. Top is overall and then it is also in your groups.

Thanks to the member here for the idea...

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=359723&stc=1&d=1563434469

HasselhoffsCheeseburger
07-18-2019, 08:13 AM
This thread is awesome on so many levels. I can't stop laughing.

Arthur

Rhotchkiss
07-18-2019, 09:25 AM

+1000!! I would REALLY appreciate the larger images. If its one or the other, I would prefer the larger images to the magnification function, but would love both.

Fuddjcal
07-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Total and utter garbage, and anyone that reads those threads will see that. If you’d just own up to it, you might regain some credibility. The fact that you aren’t has made me rethink giving you the benefit of the doubt about protecting PWCC.

No he won't he lost ALL credibility PERIOD continuing to display the biggest crook in the hobby of all times. BRENT MASTRO PWCC. Makes YOU a crook too Bobby VCP. Why don't you help the BO team instead of hindering them? Everyone is wondering. Just another idiot in on the scam, IMHO.

BobbyVCP
07-18-2019, 09:58 AM
No he won't he lost ALL credibility PERIOD continuing to display the biggest crook in the hobby of all times. BRENT MASTRO PWCC. Makes YOU a crook too Bobby VCP. Why don't you help the BO team instead of hindering them? Everyone is wondering. Just another idiot in on the scam, IMHO.

You know this is CRAZY.......

How am I hindering your precious BO Team?

Let me point out one VERY important FACT to you.

Worthpoint, PSA Auction Prices Realized, PWCC Market Prices

These 3 above all use the exact same API feed from eBay as we do so they get the exact same data and information that we do and can all post the exact same information that we do.

WHY IS IT THEY ALL CHOOSE NOT TO SHOW YOU THE BUYER INFORMATION

But we do????

So please tell be again how I am not helping your BO team and hindering their investigation.

perezfan
07-18-2019, 09:58 AM
The timing of this change (especially with a more cumbersome ability to fully magnify the images) is the main thing that raised red flags.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger
07-18-2019, 10:06 AM

These 3 above all use the exact same API feed from eBay as we do so they get the exact same data and information that we do and can all post the exact same information that we do.

But we do????

So please tell be again how I am not helping your BO team and hindering their investigation.

PWCC doesn't show the buyer info? This is shocking. I am shocked.

Arthur

Fuddjcal
07-18-2019, 10:37 AM

But we do????

It's not MY PRECIOUS BO TEAM", I'm banned from the site. I just call them as I see them....Making it harder for them to look up the pictures. I can tell you from using the site when I purchased my mantle, it wasn't user friendly in the first place, IMHO>ANd take the stupid PWCC banner down, it makes you look like an effin idiot, also IMHO.

BobbyVCP
07-18-2019, 10:41 AM
In regards to the IMAGES and being accused of doing something to hinder you BO team. Check this email out almost a year ago...I think way before your BO team was even in existence.

You can see in detail that it says exactly what we where going to do and did.

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=359747&stc=1&d=1563467856

perezfan
07-18-2019, 11:11 AM
In regards to the IMAGES and being accused of doing something to hinder you BO team. Check this email out almost a year ago...I think way before your BO team was even in existence.

You can see in detail that it says exactly what we where going to do and did.

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=359747&stc=1&d=1563467856

A little ironic, in that it's very hard to see that as well. It needs to be blown up, but thanks for posting it. :rolleyes:

BobbyVCP
07-18-2019, 12:20 PM
You know what....

My Mother passed away last night

Me and who I am as a person. I am as honest and giving a person as you will ever meet. A straight shooter that usually says it as I see it. Hard for me to lie and sugarcoat anything. My daughter is a soccer player and goes to Williams College and won the D3 National Championship last season. Growing up playing soccer after every game we would talk and she would ask me how she played. My reply was " Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear or what I really thought" she always choose what I thought.

And yes sometimes I say some stupid things and put my foot in my own mouth. But that is who I am...

I started VCP 12 years ago and sold all my cards so I could be completely neutral and no one could ever accuse me of trying to manipulate values for my own personal gain. I wanted to be a rock and gate keeper for the market and run this site with integrity and tried to set rules that would make that a reality. In all these years I can't tell you how many times I have been approached to do things that are not on the up and up. Make price changes, make sales disappear, etc, etc..... I have never ever once compromised my principals or have done anything of the sort. I feel obligated to our membership to provide to them the most accurate and timely data possible with no exceptions. Yes there are errors because we are 100% transparent everyone can see those errors and they can report them to us so they can be fixed.

I am approachable but not always agreeable. People may get the wrong idea about me and think that I am mad or angry. Not the case life goes on and all I want is to develop a great product that everyone in this hobby can use to make better decisions.

It really upsets me to be honest that people think that I am a cheat, fraud, or have anything to do with any of this crap going on in this whole mess happening right now in this hobby. Because it is not true...i have ZERO knowledge of any of it and have gained nothing from it.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger
07-18-2019, 02:12 PM
It really upsets me to be honest that people think that I am a cheat, fraud, or have anything to do with any of this crap going on in this whole mess happening right now in this hobby.

Umm... because they're plastered across your home page?

Arthur

Fuddjcal
07-18-2019, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=BobbyVCP;1900167]You know what....

Now that is something I am very, very sorry about.
My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

CuriousGeorge
07-18-2019, 05:42 PM
Bobby, terribly sorry to hear about your mom’s passing and condolences to you and your entire family. There will be a time and place to pose questions about some of your other statements but I think everyone should agree right now is not the time nor the place.

Rhotchkiss
07-18-2019, 06:48 PM
Bobby, terribly sorry to hear about your mom’s passing and condolences to you and your entire family. There will be a time and place to pose questions about some of your other statements but I think everyone should agree right now is not the time nor the place.

+1.

Bobby, I am very sorry for your loss.

Bored5000
07-18-2019, 07:10 PM
You know what....

Very sorry for your loss. :(

tsalem
07-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Auction images not uploading at all

Peter_Spaeth
07-25-2019, 09:21 AM
Bobby -- when you're back to business after dealing with your family issues -- does VCP have any way to deal with the situation where ebay later marks a sale as unpaid and removes it from its market research tool? As you may have seen BO recently uncovered quite a few major cards that were on PWCC's website and VCP but which did not show up, apparently because they had been removed, on the ebay market research tool. Obviously this can result in misleading information about historical prices if these reported sales did not go through. Thanks.

BobbyVCP
07-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Bobby -- when you're back to business after dealing with your family issues -- does VCP have any way to deal with the situation where ebay later marks a sale as unpaid and removes it from its market research tool? As you may have seen BO recently uncovered quite a few major cards that were on PWCC's website and VCP but which did not show up, apparently because they had been removed, on the ebay market research tool. Obviously this can result in misleading information about historical prices if these reported sales did not go through. Thanks.

Peter,

This is done via PWCC and not a tool given via eBay. If PWCC would volunteer us that information that certain auctions did not complete because buyer failed their part we would gladly remove it from our database. REA in the past has done that with us after auctions have closed so that we could report accurately. Otherwise we have no way of knowing which ones did or did not complete.

Just to let you know eBay does not have a Market Place Tool, that is a name created by PWCC all they provide is an API feed.

Peter_Spaeth
07-25-2019, 03:05 PM
Peter,

This is done via PWCC and not a tool given via eBay. If PWCC would volunteer us that information that certain auctions did not complete because buyer failed their part we would gladly remove it from our database. REA in the past has done that with us after auctions have closed so that we could report accurately. Otherwise we have no way of knowing which ones did or did not complete.

Just to let you know eBay does not have a Market Place Tool, that is a name created by PWCC all they provide is an API feed.

Bobby yeah that's what I assumed. Thank you. I am glad to see REA at least is cognizant of the potential of reported prices that did not actually happen to mislead. I wish others would do the same.