PDA

View Full Version : Own a share of a T206 Wagner

vintagetoppsguy
07-11-2019, 07:56 PM
My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I'm reading it for the first time.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/10/app-to-let-fans-can-buy-minority-shares-of-3m-honus-wagner-baseball-card/

Who's in? :rolleyes:

Joshwesley
07-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the link....

Man, that’s just odd
Lol

jthorst75
07-11-2019, 09:46 PM
Is the Brooklyn Bridge still available?

Sean
07-11-2019, 10:05 PM
I offered my friends a chance to own a share of a Cobb Back card. No one was interested.

chriskim
07-12-2019, 12:29 PM
I was puzzling which Wagner est. to worth roughly $3 million so I downloaded the app to check it out then found this..... I ended up getting more ??? than answers.

(Challenge To All: How many questions can u come up with after seeing this pic?? LOL)

glchen
07-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Even if this is legit, this reminds me of a few years ago when gas prices were skyrocketing, and I bought stock ETF of something called US Oil (ticker: USO), which was supposed to track crude oil prices. So as oil prices go up, the stock was supposed to go up also. However, after a few months of holding this stock, it never went up much when oil went up, and it seemed that most everything went into fees that investors never saw. I sold that loser stock after that.

36GoudeyMan
07-12-2019, 01:59 PM
I have no idea, really, if this is an offering to sell a security regulated by the SEC, but it sure smells like one. No idea who Rally is, but this strikes me as being hugely susceptible of fraud, market manipulation, etc. So many question, so little confidence. How do you make any money? When the card sells? Who controls the timing and price and cash-out terms? Nuh uh. That Bridge is sounding better and better after all...

Bigdaddy
07-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Oh, when I read the headline, I thought that someone (Topps? Upper Deck??) was going to cut up a Wagner and make 'memorabilia' cards out of it like with jerseys and bats.

Or maybe it would be like a time-share and every stockholder gets to keep the card for a specified period of time with red season corresponding to baseball season.

:cool:

1952boyntoncollector
07-12-2019, 02:09 PM
I have no idea, really, if this is an offering to sell a security regulated by the SEC, but it sure smells like one. No idea who Rally is, but this strikes me as being hugely susceptible of fraud, market manipulation, etc. So many question, so little confidence. How do you make any money? When the card sells? Who controls the timing and price and cash-out terms? Nuh uh. That Bridge is sounding better and better after all...

Most those questions easy. That guy is selling a minority portion all together

So yeah, the majority owner gets to decide when to sell etc. If you own a 1/1000th stake, i assume you would get a 1/1000th or whatever diluted amount of the money after, of course, all of the questionable fees and costs are applied first. Wont make any money but in theory a lot of those questions are easily answered.

lowpopper
07-12-2019, 02:35 PM
This is a brilliant idea if executed properly.

Looking forward to buying my 1 share. :cool:

pokerplyr80
07-12-2019, 02:37 PM
It would have been nice if they didn't cut off the grade, but that looks like a 2 at best. Maybe a 1 mil card, but 3 seems unlikely.

Mark17
07-12-2019, 10:33 PM
The borders on that asset sure look thin.....

steve B
07-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Maybe it's the even rarer AB back... it sure isn't the Piedmont they show.

If it tanks, can I file SNAD and get a refund? :D