PDA

View Full Version : T206 Evers Authentication

Aj-hman
07-07-2019, 11:57 PM

Hello All,
I recently purchased my 16th and 17th T206 cards through ebay. I have not received them as yet but thought I might ask if you see any issues with the Evers in regard to originality or alteration?

All the Best,
Aaron Heineman

Cmount76
07-08-2019, 12:00 AM
No comment on alterations, but it looks authentic to me...

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-08-2019, 12:03 AM
definitely real, but can't see enough detail to tell you anything else definitively.

Aj-hman
07-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Michael and Scott,
Thanks for taking a look and letting me know your thoughts.
All the Best,
Aaron

sreader3
07-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Nice card. Authentic and no obvious alteration. The slight diamond cut is pretty common on T206 cards and not indicative of alteration.

Aj-hman
07-14-2019, 08:15 AM
Nice card. Authentic and no obvious alteration. The slight diamond cut is pretty common on T206 cards and not indicative of alteration.

Thanks sreader3, that is great information to have moving forward as I start to build this set.
Aaron

sando69
07-14-2019, 08:55 AM
aaron-
if you're just starting a t206 set, you may want to check out the previous poster...
scot reader wrote a comprehensive treatise entitled "Inside T206."
you might find it helpful! ;)
best wishes with your monster. :)

Aj-hman
07-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Yes sando69, I appreciate the lead and will start doing some homework. It is hard to know how to identify authentic cards or altered cards as I have not really spent much time with vintage cards. I used to depend on the graded/ PSA cards and dealers but apparently I was foolish to do so.
All the Best,
Aaron

xplainer
07-14-2019, 12:22 PM
aaron-
if you're just starting a t206 set, you may want to check out the previous poster...
scot reader wrote a comprehensive treatise entitled "Inside T206."
you might find it helpful! ;)
best wishes with your monster. :)

^ This. 100%.

Rhotchkiss
07-14-2019, 03:52 PM
Also, if just starting out in t206, I highly recommend buying slabbed cards. Not that the TPGs don’t make mistakes (note every other thread over the past month), but you can really get burned buying raw, and more likely so then buying slabbed; and you can always crack them out. Personally, I think SGC knows t206 best and I own zero cards in BVG flips.

Also, Scott’s treatise is incredible and was a huge help to me. Also, Ted Z’s threads on net54 are exceedingly helpful.

CobbSpikedMe
07-14-2019, 04:42 PM
Also, if just starting out in t206, I highly recommend buying slabbed cards. Not that the TPGs don’t make mistakes (note every other thread over the past month), but you can really get burned buying raw, and more likely so then buying slabbed; and you can always crack them out. Personally, I think SGC knows t206 best and I own zero cards in BVG flips.

Also, Scott’s treatise is incredible and was a huge help to me. Also, Ted Z’s threads on net54 are exceedingly helpful.

Hi Ryan,

I think it's good for a newcomer to pick up some low grade inexpensive raw cards in the beginning as well. This way they can feel the card and connect with it. See what the paper stock feels like, the way the card front is smooth to the touch and to be able to get a good close look at a real card. Like I said though, I'd do this with some lower grade commons and I'd pick them up from reputable sellers here on Net54 to start.

Rhotchkiss
07-14-2019, 05:24 PM
Great point Andy. I think that is great advice. I kind of jumped back in whole hog on HOFers with rare backs, so I didn’t want to chance it. But I agree that seeing and feeling lower grade commons (even HOFers) is s great idea, and in my experience Net54 is safer than eBay and almost any card show.