PDA

View Full Version : PWCC Still Selling an altered Cobb right now...

BLongley
07-02-2019, 08:12 PM
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1303794

ullmandds
07-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Insanity why the f$ck would they round the corners???

RedsFan1941
07-02-2019, 08:19 PM
“I don’t collect high grade cards so I don’t have to worry about altered cards.”

BLongley
07-02-2019, 08:29 PM
And there are also a couple of Trout and Steph Curry cards that we’re sold through PWCC before... proved to be trimmed and apparently acknowledged as such by Betsy in a Blowout thread and they are now going to be for sale in the next upcoming auction. Are they refunding the people they defrauded before and now just trying to sell the cards they got back again?? I mean what is going on?? This is ridiculous!

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1303775

bnorth
07-02-2019, 08:42 PM
And there are also a couple of Trout and Steph Curry cards that we’re sold through PWCC before... proved to be trimmed and apparently acknowledged as such by Betsy in a Blowout thread and they are now going to be for sale in the next upcoming auction. Are they refunding the people they defrauded before and now just trying to sell the cards they got back again?? I mean what is going on?? This is ridiculous!

Not to worry I am sure one of more of their friends on this forum will alert them to their mistake.:rolleyes:

Throttlesteer
07-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Insanity why the f$ck would they round the corners???

Probably blew the "restoration" and had to trim off the evidence.

Peter_Spaeth
07-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Time to just burn the whole damn thing down, no? The party's over.

Kenny Cole
07-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Time to just burn the whole damn thing down, no? The party's over.

Zero shame. Because PWCC thinks it can get away with it. Really a sad statement on the current state of the "hobby."

BeanTown
07-02-2019, 09:08 PM
SMH. Wow just wow.

Peter_Spaeth
07-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Zero shame. Because PWCC thinks it can get away with it. Really a sad statement on the current state of the "hobby."

It's even worse than that somehow. The two modern cards were already specifically outed a month or so ago. They must be delusional.

Kenny Cole
07-02-2019, 09:46 PM
It's even worse than that somehow. The two modern cards were already specifically outed a month or so ago. They must be delusional.

I am aware of that. I agree that's crazy. All I can suggest, because it doesn't make any sense to me at all, is that PWCC, for whatever reason, thinks it is bullet-proof. I very much hope that is wrong.

Peter_Spaeth
07-02-2019, 09:48 PM
I am aware of that. I agree that's crazy. All I can suggest, because it doesn't make any sense to me at all, is that PWCC, for whatever reason, thinks it is bullet-proof. I very much hope that is wrong.

If he could flat out say to me and Leon two or three years ago that Gary was essentially retired, he is capable of anything in my opinion. Now I suppose he could say this was just a mistake by a low level employee.

TheBig6
07-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Those top corners look like an obvious hack job to me.

oldjudge
07-02-2019, 10:59 PM
Is it possible that the $17,000 sale was not real, but simply used to set a data point for this card to influence a future sale? Nah, can’t be. I don’t know how I could even think that.

pokerplyr80
07-03-2019, 08:29 AM
These are posted for preview only at the moment. Maybe pwcc is unaware of the allegations, or aware and looking into them before making a decision.

warrior1978
07-03-2019, 10:56 AM
I think this is 14 altered Cobb cards (E102, T206, T227, D304, E95) that PWCC is linked to.

The Nasty Nati
07-03-2019, 12:53 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm sure this card will still sell for a pretty penny. PWCC has so much exposure, and most of it is not this scandal.

Copa7
07-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Until, and only if, these thrives are condemned by all the honest part of the industry, will they fold.

That said, it reflects how much of the industry doesn't care or lives off the corruption of others.

You can't fight a plague by just ignoring it.

jfkheat
07-03-2019, 02:17 PM
When I try to check current auctions it shows that they don't have any items for sale. Does anyone else get this or is it just me?

Dpeck100
07-03-2019, 02:53 PM
When I try to check current auctions it shows that they don't have any items for sale. Does anyone else get this or is it just me?

There are none currently. The Mantle thread caused me to go look at their site and it gets going on July 5th.

Rhotchkiss
07-03-2019, 03:22 PM
It appears to that the E102 Cobb auction has been taken down. When I click on the marketplace link from the blowout thread it says page not found.

Dpeck100
07-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Is this the card referenced?

Rhotchkiss
07-03-2019, 03:41 PM
No. It was an E102 in an SGC 4 flip. It used to reside in an SGC 5 flip (old flip w/ different cert number). They removed description, which stated that “the current example would look normal in a 5 flip” (paraphrasing).

CMIZ5290
07-03-2019, 05:37 PM
Guys, I have said this over and over for the past 5 years with PWCC and Probstein....What does it take to put away these guys? Nothing seems to happen and their lifestyles certainly don't get hurt...We keep talking about the same damn thing, over and over, 100's of threads, and NOTHING gets done. So why do we keep doing this? It's the definition of insanity.....

1952boyntoncollector
07-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Guys, I have said this over and over for the past 5 years with PWCC and Probstein....What does it take to put away these guys? Nothing seems to happen and their lifestyles certainly don't get hurt...We keep talking about the same damn thing, over and over, 100's of threads, and NOTHING gets done. So why do we keep doing this? It's the definition of insanity.....

if nobody is filing any lawsuits, then you can forget about 'putting away' these guys....there dont appear to be any victims. I did try to start a thread for victims of cards that were bought for 5k more than they were pre-trimmed/altered to see if there are any major victims but that thread was locked.

6 months from now people will keep saying..its too early too tell etc... and what choice do we have but to keep waiting etc..