PDA

View Full Version : O/T lets see your pets

bnorth
06-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Lets see some pets.:)
First pic is Bubba we got him from the same rescue we got our last 2 dogs about 5 yrs ago.

Second pic is Mikey a African Senegal. I got him as a baby in 1994.

Third pic is Kiki a Orange Wing Amazon. I got Kiki 21 years ago when a friend had to take a very long rent paid vacation. He had the bird for 19 years before I got it. He was told Kiki was a old wild cough bird 40 years ago when he got it.

If you got pets post some pictures.:D

oldjudge
06-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Six month old Yogi, posing and leading off first.

Leon
06-24-2019, 08:24 PM
Here is Gigi, my problem child. A rescue I don't usually work with tagged her (that is how you hold them before you pick them up) here at the Garland, Tx. shelter and I picked her up. After 3 months and finally getting her to a behaviorist for some temperment issues, he gave her back and said he couldn't help her after only a week.
The rescue told me there was nothing they could do and for me to bring her back to the Garland shelter. She would be labeled dangerous (which she can be to other doggies as of now). She hasn't been aggressive to a person, which I am aware of. She wasn't even aggressive to the trainer except for one time when he said she had a right to be. :) I didn't really care for his methods of training but at least he is trying to help the cause.
Bringing her back would mean euthanizing her and I already had her 3 mos. So I adopted her. That was 3 months ago. She will take some time but will be fine. (fingers crossed). She is very loving towards me, of course. I don't feel she would be good with my other doggies so she is in her own run...and I walk her for a long walk (a mile or more) every day. The other doggies have a large yard. *She has gained approximately 10lbs from when this pic was taken. She probably weighs close to 50 lbs now. This is a poor picture.

kmac32
06-24-2019, 09:22 PM
Theobean Addison, Walter Myron, Lila Rose

Popcorn
06-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Love the dogs

Exhibitman
06-24-2019, 09:59 PM
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/G.JPG

Our poodle Giselle. I didn't choose the name or the dog, but she's cool. When agitated she turns into this.

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/Gigi%20Chucky%201.jpg

Here is my cat, Mao:

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/Mao%201.jpg

Unfortunately, he had to be put down after an accident in February. I miss him every day.

vintagecpa
06-24-2019, 10:08 PM
Finally a thread that makes me smile with joy instead of astonishment and disbelief.

griffon512
06-24-2019, 10:10 PM
Six month old Yogi, posing and leading off first.

:) great pics! i'm guessing it won't take a pudge rodriguez throw to prevent a steal of second base.

oldjudge
06-24-2019, 10:40 PM
LOL, you could use a sun dial to time him going first to second.

Howe’s Hunter
06-24-2019, 11:03 PM
Gunner is 14 now, a rescue through English Springer Rescue of America and he has been with us just over four years. Since 2010, my wife Loretta and I have adopted five senior Springers through ESRA, hoping to make the rest of their lives the best of their lives. This guy and I bonded in the five hour trip from the foster family that cared for and nursed him back to health. I’ve really missed him the five weeks since I moved to Cheyenne but my wife, Gunner and our newest rescue Lady should be joining me in three weeks. I can hardly wait to have the family back together.

vwtdi
06-25-2019, 03:59 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/vwtdi55/Mobile%20Uploads/6880B2C6-3699-4FDC-A206-88A7D18DF56F_zpslfqiixlk.jpg

C-mack
06-25-2019, 05:31 AM
My crew!

obcbobd
06-25-2019, 07:22 AM
Here is Gigi, my problem child. A rescue I don't usually work with tagged her (that is how you hold them before you pick them up) here at the Garland, Tx. shelter and I picked her up. After 3 months and finally getting her to a behaviorist for some temperment issues, he gave her back and said he couldn't help her after only a week.
The rescue told me there was nothing they could do and for me to bring her back to the Garland shelter. She would be labeled dangerous (which she can be to other doggies as of now). She hasn't been aggressive to a person, which I am aware of. She wasn't even aggressive to the trainer except for one time when he said she had a right to be. :) I didn't really care for his methods of training but at least he is trying to help the cause.
Bringing her back would mean euthanizing her and I already had her 3 mos. So I adopted her. That was 3 months ago. She will take some time but will be fine. (fingers crossed). She is very loving towards me, of course. I don't feel she would be good with my other doggies so she is in her own run...and I walk her for a long walk (a mile or more) every day. The other doggies have a large yard. *She has gained approximately 10lbs from when this pic was taken. She probably weighs close to 50 lbs now. This is a poor picture.
Leon

Good luck with your dog. She is lucky to have you!

Bob

Leon
06-25-2019, 07:31 AM
Thanks Bob. She is a great doggie but has been abused. I don't think you can train an abused dog in a week as the behaviourist gave up on her, imo.

Here is Lola as I type this message, sleeping behind me. She was a stray on a street in East Texas, around 8 yrs ago. She jumped in my arms and it was all over. She sleeps on my chest every night. We had a DNA test done on her and she is mostly whippet. She looks comfortable although is snoring kind of loudly right now. :)

Leon

Good luck with your dog. She is lucky to have you!

Bob

darwinbulldog
06-25-2019, 07:38 AM
Here's Walter. He likes a good nap.

irv
06-25-2019, 08:37 AM
Here is my cat, Mao:

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/Mao%201.jpg

Unfortunately, he had to be put down after an accident in February. I miss him every day.

Sorry for your loss, Adam.
We had to put down our's in January due to diabetes. We got him from a nearby neighbor who didn't look after him at all and, imo, didn't deserve to have pets.
He was a great cat who greeted me everynight by running to his favorite chair looking to play even before I could get my work boots off.

I miss him a lot. :(

Dpeck100
06-25-2019, 09:00 AM
This is my wife Michelle and I's shih tzu Grace Kelly. We got her In November of 2017 and she was actually born on September 11th that year. Unfortunately our beloved Ginger Rogers passed that year after a long hard fought battle with a rare form of cancer and we laid her to rest in July. Losing her was the toughest thing I have ever had to endure. Just heartbreaking losing my little one after 13 years with her. The shih tzu breed is a lap dog and so they are extremely affectionate and need lots of attention. Grace has been a wonderful addition to our lives and just so much fun to have around. My wife snapped this pic yesterday of her chilling on the floor. Like Ginger and think she enjoys posing for the camera!

daves_resale_shop
06-25-2019, 10:02 AM
This is albus- the tired Boston terrier

kmac32
06-25-2019, 10:32 AM
This is albus- the tired Boston terrier

Love the BTs. I have 2 of these

Smanzari
06-25-2019, 12:28 PM
Here are my dudes- Thor (top) and Zeus; Zeus is still a new addition, so he hasn’t met Thor yet (both are Bengals- Thor is an F2; Zeus an F5). Both are basically dogs who poop in a box

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190625/8fd9c60c5308894123df5e21c2cef207.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190625/c36c05214eb690483d4cc909c82513cf.jpg

barrysloate
06-25-2019, 12:43 PM
We had to put down our's in January due to diabetes. We got him from a nearby neighbor who didn't look after him at all and, imo, didn't deserve to have pets.
He was a great cat who greeted me everynight by running to his favorite chair looking to play even before I could get my work boots off.

Our second cat Ernie became a diabetic, and the veterinarian told me in order to save him, I would have to inject him twice a day with insulin. I said that will never happen, as Ernie was difficult and I was certain he would never sit still and would claw me to death.

But for two years I gave him his insulin twice a day, and he got used to it very quickly. I had to inject him at the nape of his neck, and he reached the point where he would tip his head voluntarily for the shot. I imagined it gave him some kind of relief, and he might have even looked forward to it.

Those extra two years we had him were a blessing.

tschock
06-25-2019, 01:43 PM
We currently have 12 koi. The 5 small ones we got last year. 6 of the 7 larger ones we got about 10 years ago. They were about 2-3 inches in length at the time. One of the spotted ones was in the pond when we bought the house in 2003, and he was probably about 5 years old then. 3 of the original 4 from 2003 died or 'ran away'. 1 was struck by a limb from our neighbors large oak tree during a storm, 1 got sick and was put down which required us to quarantine the others for a few days, and the other just mysteriously disappeared (our guess, either a heron, hawk, or raccoon).

The small ones don't have names, but some of the larger ones do, sort-of. Dinsdale (from 2003) survives Doug and the other 2. Then there's Whitey and Big Fatty, along some subset of Greg, Peter, Bobby, Marsha, Jan, and Cindy. You can probably guess Whitey and Big Fatty from the pics. As to the Brady kids, your guess is as good as mine. :)

I built them a 'garage' out of a large piece of slate, using bricks for pillars to park their fishy butts in. And while they a much bigger now, they still try to cram themselves in there when they want to go into stealth mode. As a size comparison, you can see a full size brick that makes up part of the one pillar in the pic where there are a couple other bricks on the stone edging. I think a couple of them are bigger than the neighbors cats that come by. Not the best pics, but you can make out the brick just above Dinsdale's head in the top right pic. We leave the waterfall (bottom right) running constantly except for a few hours when they're fed.

Exhibitman
06-25-2019, 02:25 PM

Your loss too.

We only had Mao (actually, Hai Mao, which means black cat according to my daughter) a bit under 5 years. He was a feral cat who showed up on our doorstep during Thanksgiving, undernourished and in some distress. My daughter started feeding him and gradually gained his trust but it took months for him to adopt us. Eventually, when she left for college I became his go to person because my wife is the dog's person. We were inseparable whenever he was in the house. He ended up being 11# of hell on wheels, bigger than the dog, but a really sweet personality for an apex predator. He hunted the local rodent population (which was considerable) to extinction; some mornings I'd come outside and find rat and mouse parts all over the front yard. He got hurt while roaming his territory one night in February (we still don't know how but given his climbing propensities I think he fell out of a tree in the rain) and made it home with a broken back. I had multiple consults and operations but after a month of extraordinary efforts we euthanized when it became clear that there was no chance of recovery from the nerve injuries he'd suffered. The tough little bastard actually took two shots to euthanize; he was that strong even after a month of medical torture and losing a good chunk of his weight.

I was inconsolable for weeks. Still haven't fully gotten over it. Amazing how they get under your skin.

VintageBen
06-25-2019, 03:17 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190625/e1f95d9f02834135a70a234566347539.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190625/df03a37e1df689b51f424aaa0c884ead.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190625/8b224d55efda75d7068a15d552d43751.jpg

Luna, a schnauzer mixed breed 5 years old. We got her shortly after we got married when she was 6 years old.

In December, she stopped using her back legs so she had to have back surgery for IVDD. It seemed as if she was making a major comeback. In March she stopped using her back legs again, so she had back surgery again.

But she’s happy and walking around. She’s living her best life and that’s all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71buc
06-25-2019, 03:52 PM
My bull terrier Chuco is quite the character. He keeps me sane and his antics fill my house with laughter.

Rhotchkiss
06-25-2019, 04:01 PM
Sydney and Riley

rgpete
06-25-2019, 06:37 PM
Our Rescue Beagle, Gabbi is a Blue Tick Beagle, Miniature Schnauzer Mix we had her since she was a 11 weeks old

clydepepper
06-25-2019, 06:50 PM
Buddy, a Miniature Schnauzer Mix, who rescued ME 7.5 years ago.

bnorth
06-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Buddy, a Miniature Schnauzer Mix, who rescued ME 7.5 years ago.

Don't they all, beautiful dog.:)

bobbyw8469
06-25-2019, 07:23 PM
This is Bogey...he is a yellow sided, green cheek conure.

https://imgsrv.sellersourcebook.com/users/73693/bogey_chilling.jpg?1561512201

kateighty
06-25-2019, 08:08 PM
Here's my lil girl Liberty. Great thread idea!

Joe_G.
06-25-2019, 09:52 PM
Stefan, I like the Bengals, neat looking cats.

We have an F5 Savannah (silver) but as a Detroit fan would eventually like a Bengal :) The Savannah's are unreal athletes. We lost Oliver's companion a couple weeks ago, a Siamese-mix pound kitty, the family is still in mourning but Oliver seems happier without her.

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=459&pictureid=27054

darwinbulldog
06-26-2019, 05:16 AM
We currently have 12 koi. The 5 small ones we got last year. 6 of the 7 larger ones we got about 10 years ago. They were about 2-3 inches in length at the time. One of the spotted ones was in the pond when we bought the house in 2003, and he was probably about 5 years old then. 3 of the original 4 from 2003 died or 'ran away'. 1 was struck by a limb from our neighbors large oak tree during a storm, 1 got sick and was put down which required us to quarantine the others for a few days, and the other just mysteriously disappeared (our guess, either a heron, hawk, or raccoon).

The small ones don't have names, but some of the larger ones do, sort-of. Dinsdale (from 2003) survives Doug and the other 2. Then there's Whitey and Big Fatty, along some subset of Greg, Peter, Bobby, Marsha, Jan, and Cindy. You can probably guess Whitey and Big Fatty from the pics. As to the Brady kids, your guess is as good as mine. :)

I built them a 'garage' out of a large piece of slate, using bricks for pillars to park their fishy butts in. And while they a much bigger now, they still try to cram themselves in there when they want to go into stealth mode. As a size comparison, you can see a full size brick that makes up part of the one pillar in the pic where there are a couple other bricks on the stone edging. I think a couple of them are bigger than the neighbors cats that come by. Not the best pics, but you can make out the brick just above Dinsdale's head in the top right pic. We leave the waterfall (bottom right) running constantly except for a few hours when they're fed.

Love the koi. I could watch them all day.

Smanzari
06-26-2019, 07:10 AM
Stefan, I like the Bengals, neat looking cats.

We have an F5 Savannah (silver) but as a Detroit fan would eventually like a Bengal :) The Savannah's are unreal athletes. We lost Oliver's companion a couple weeks ago, a Siamese-mix pound kitty, the family is still in mourning but Oliver seems happier without her.

Great Looking Guy! I love Savannahs too! (Zeus was actually almost one, but stuck to Bengal due to size and living in an apartment!)

The breeds are both great companions and a ton of fun!

nebboy
06-26-2019, 07:18 AM
A couple of months ago

Dodgerfan74
06-26-2019, 09:19 AM
We have a gray cat-Smokey who my wife "rescued". She was a wild cat running around our apartments. My wife picked her up one day to save her from a dog. She followed us home. We fed her some tuna and she kept coming back. We finally adopted her. The second cat is a kitten-Ginger Snap. My stepdaughter found her in the bushes by a 711. We live in Vegas and my stepdaughter lives in Southern California. She kept sending s pictures asking if we wanted her. We were going to Cali for a wedding so we ended up taking her home with us in the car. She slept most of the time in the car on the way back. She was malnourished and has a piece of her ear missing. She is now eating well and running all over the house. Our other cat growls and hisses at her, but the kitten growls back. I'm having trouble loading pictures.

autograf
06-26-2019, 09:41 AM
Winnie (as in "The Pooh"), a boy.......
http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=27057

Wilbur, also a boy......
http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=27058

We lost our 15 year old mini schnauzer, Daisy, in February of last year. In June, my wife decided she wanted a dog. We looked around and a coworker had a friend with a pair of Morkie brothers - half Yorkie, half Malteese. We went to look at them on my wife's insistence (I hadn't planned on getting another dog so quickly) and we wound up with both of them (on my insistence).

They torture us unmercifully with loud barking to announce they've woken up at 0530 EVERY day which, during the week, isn't that big of a deal. On the weekend, I realize they are giant buttholes. But, we love them and the kids adore them.

A little over a year old and 10/13 lbs of pure terror.

rjackson44
06-26-2019, 09:58 AM
New one 8 months old and crazy .madison

VoodooChild
06-26-2019, 10:14 AM
Great photos and stories everybody! Here's Minnie. She's a rescue we got about 6 years ago. She is a spoiled girl.

Bill77
06-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Here are my monsters. Ok so the black cat is the only monster of the bunch.:) She adopted us about 7 or 8 years ago. Probably the smallest cat we have ever had she just showed up one summer and invited herself in. Her name is Madeline, The other two are Casey(orange and white) and Thumper(gray). My brother brought them up from Florida 4 years ago. They are brothers, Casey was the only one in the litter with a tail. And the calico is Betty I had her for 18 years, we had to put her down in May after she stopped eating and drinking. I still miss seeing her everyday.

BobbyVCP
06-26-2019, 12:31 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=357799&stc=1&d=1561573571

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=357800&stc=1&d=1561573718

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=357801&stc=1&d=1561573794

We have 3 birds...

African Gray named Buckeye, Sun Conure is Beau and the Monster is a Green Cheek Conure Becks.

tschock
06-26-2019, 01:30 PM
Great photos and stories everybody! Here's Minnie. She's a rescue we got about 6 years ago. She is a spoiled girl.

Cool pic eyeing the donuts! Maybe you should have named her Homer?

ramram
06-26-2019, 02:50 PM
Our family dog and my son's hamster. Not too hard to figure out what our dog thinks about the hamster.

Rob M

Jacklitsch
06-26-2019, 02:56 PM
Mine

toppcat
06-26-2019, 04:11 PM
Great pix everybody!

This is our surfing fool of a Cocker Spaniel, Oliver. He has a boogie board he floats around our pool on and can even get on it himself from the ladder (not off it though). He is the funniest, silliest dog I have ever encountered, a real character.

Nunzio11
06-26-2019, 05:21 PM
This is Henry. He turned 14 a month ago. Unfortunately on his 14 birthday we rushed him to the emergency vet. He is in congestive heart failure and lungs were filling with fluid. One of his valves is shot. He spent 3 days at the hospital on oxygen as they tried to reduce the fluid and get him breathing normally. That’s him is his oxygen chamber. The morning we were going to make the decision the doctor called and said you’re never going to believe this but he’s breathing on his own and can go home. He’s on some heart meds and we have to try to keep him calm for the most part but he’s here. We found him 13 years ago after he got hit by a car. On 3 legs got up and ran away from all the people trying to help him. He wound up hiding right outside our front door with a broken leg. Through all that pain he never made a sound. A pin and a screw later and he’s been ours forever. He’s been expensive but well worth it. Toughest little dog I’ve ever seen.

kateighty
06-26-2019, 05:42 PM
This is Henry. He turned 14 a month ago. Unfortunately on his 14 birthday we rushed him to the emergency vet. He is in congestive heart failure and lungs were filling with fluid. One of his valves is shot. He spent 3 days at the hospital on oxygen as they tried to reduce the fluid and get him breathing normally. That’s him is his oxygen chamber. The morning we were going to make the decision the doctor called and said you’re never going to believe this but he’s breathing on his own and can go home. He’s on some heart meds and we have to try to keep him calm for the most part but he’s here. We found him 13 years ago after he got hit by a car. On 3 legs got up and ran away from all the people trying to help him. He wound up hiding right outside our front door with a broken leg. Through all that pain he never made a sound. A pin and a screw later and he’s been ours forever. He’s been expensive but well worth it. Toughest little dog I’ve ever seen.

What an incredible story. Hugs to Henry. He's the man!

RichardSimon
06-27-2019, 06:51 AM
Shea and Fogerty. One an old stadium and one an old singer :).
I got these brothers when they were three months old. They are now 12 1/2.
Unfortunately, Fogerty has cancer and only has a few months left. He had surgery to amputate a front leg but tests a few months after surgery revealed cancer has spread to his lungs. :( :(

thenextlevel
06-27-2019, 07:24 AM
My boy Riley

Leon
06-27-2019, 07:41 AM
Great story.....thanks!

Here are our other 5 doggies. All of these were dumped on our street over the last 4 yrs. All were starving with fleas and ticks all over them. Not so much any longer. They are all awesome doggies.

http://luckeycards.com/five.jpg

pitchernut
06-27-2019, 09:42 AM
Melvin:)

bnorth
06-27-2019, 09:58 AM
Great pics and stories everyone, thank you for sharing.

Any body want to share their adoption/rescue story.

Here is a one of mine.

When I adopted my St Bernard Bernie he definitely chose me. I went to the rescue looking for a dog with an open mind on the type of dog I wanted. As I walked by the pens I didn't see any I was interested in. There was a few people looking into one pen but it was obvious the dog didn't want anything to do with anybody. When I reached the pen he got up and put his head over the top of the gate and gave me that "please take me home look". We had him for 13 great years. He was severely abused by his original owner and I like to think we made up for that.

packs
06-27-2019, 10:01 AM
Just wanted to say it's really great that you guys rescued these dogs. It made my day to see some good boys with some good homes.