PDA

View Full Version : 20 /35 Threads............

wondo
06-24-2019, 07:07 PM
…..on the first page of this forum are scandal driven, fake, bad grading, accusatory, TPG bashing. Most threads and hundreds of responses by a relative minority.

I guess now this makes it 21/35...…………..not the forum I really enjoy.

Appreciate the reporting, the uncovering, the exposure of fraud - I really do, but I signed up for the joy, the celebration and the education of collecting pre war cards.

Now I'll be flamed, accused of ostriching, complicit, adding to the problem. Have fun.

Advertisers will stop advertising, members will ignore, SGC will go under, and folks will say, "See, I told you so".

Congrats!

swarmee
06-24-2019, 07:52 PM
They made their bed, now they get to lay in it.

Leon
06-24-2019, 08:38 PM
They made their bed, now they get to lay in it.

Actually, I agree with John. That said some threads on this forum page are going to be moved so there is a better ratio of card threads. I am not saying they didn't make their bed, and shouldn't sleep in it, but this front page needs to have varied topics, not only the scandal. We can condense the number of those threads if we try. :) And hopefully we can have some more card related threads too. I know the scandal is huge...but we just need some moderation on the front page.
ps..maybe we can have a scandal section? LOL

buymycards
06-25-2019, 07:04 AM
Actually, I agree with John. That said some threads on this forum page are going to be moved so there is a better ratio of card threads. I am not saying they didn't make their bed, and shouldn't sleep in it, but this front page needs to have varied topics, not only the scandal. We can condense the number of those threads if we try. :) And hopefully we can have some more card related threads too. I know the scandal is huge...but we just need some moderation on the front page.
ps..maybe we can have a scandal section? LOL

I agree. If you look at the # of threads, at least 16 of them have been started by Peter. If you look at the # of posts per thread, Peter has anywhere from 30% to 50% of the posts in each thread. Nothing against Peter, but perhaps one person shouldn't dominate the main board. Maybe combine all of the trimming threads into one thread or into a "stickey" thread at the top of the page?

Peter_Spaeth
06-25-2019, 07:12 AM
I agree. If you look at the # of threads, at least 16 of them have been started by Peter. If you look at the # of posts per thread, Peter has anywhere from 30% to 50% of the posts in each thread. Nothing against Peter, but perhaps one person shouldn't dominate the main board. Maybe combine all of the trimming threads into one thread or into a "stickey" thread at the top of the page?

If anyone else wants to provide the relevant information about outed cards and disabuse people of incorrect notions about the law and the facts I am delighted to step aside, I don't enjoy this. But yeah, let's not let a scandal of unbelievable proportions clutter the boards.

Leon
06-25-2019, 07:13 AM
Well, we don't do many sticky threads. And Peter (hey Peter) can post a thousand times a day if he wants to just like anyone else (*except Adrian). However I would ask all members to be careful of starting new scandal threads on the front page. As stated and already done, some will be moved to the watercooler section. It is difficult to manage the situation as anytime a decision is made it can be seen as "protecting" or whatever. The scandal needs to be talked about so it can hopefully get resolved but every thread, or half the threads on the front page don't need to be about it.