PDA

View Full Version : Has this been altered?

frankrizzo29
06-17-2019, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but wanted to get opinions on this since I'm no expert at this. Attached is a pic of kid elberfeld fielding in a PSA holder. When I put it under a blacklight the corners light up like a xmas tree. This card is not from a pwcc auction. Do I send it to PSA for them to review and try to get a claim under their guarantee? I know it's not a high dollar card, but still, I'd like to get something back for it. Thanks in advance for the help!

Luke
06-17-2019, 11:42 PM
One corner that doesn't lay perfectly flat is not enough for me to say it's trimmed. Can you post a scan of the entire front and entire back? From just that little part of the card, I don't see anything I am overly worried about. But I'd have to see the whole card to give you an answer that's worth anything.

frankrizzo29
06-18-2019, 05:21 AM
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm not worried about trimming on this card. It looks to me like someone colored the corners. When I shine a blacklight on the card the corners glow with a fluorescent yellow/green color. I tried my best to capture this glow in the pic that is attached above. No other parts of this card's surface glow except for the 4 corners. It's only the white part of the corners that appears to have been colored.

perezfan
06-18-2019, 06:38 AM
Bad sign that it’s in a PSA Holder...

If it were raw, the odds of authenticity would be lots better. Tough to tell much from the provided photo, but the very corner does appear to fluoresce.

steve B
06-18-2019, 07:21 AM
I'll have to find the UV light and see what some of my T206s do. There are a few different things that could do that, and there are a few papers going back into at least the 1880's that react to UV. That seems a bit brighter than the ones I've seen, but other things could do that too.

frankrizzo29
06-18-2019, 04:43 PM
None of my other T206 cards have that glow on the corners. It's more pronounced when I use the blacklight with a loupe.

Forever Young
06-18-2019, 06:09 PM
Bad sign that it’s in a PSA Holder...

If it were raw, the odds of authenticity would be lots better.

This is not a factual statement.

perezfan
06-18-2019, 06:38 PM
This is not a factual statement.

Yeah, you're probably right...

I'm done posting here, as the whole thing is no longer bringing me joy. I hope at least I helped a few people throughout the years on the Memorabilia side.

Adios

Forever Young
06-18-2019, 07:02 PM

I'm done posting here, as the whole thing is no longer bringing me joy. I hope at least I helped a few people throughout the years on the Memorabilia side.

Adios

Oh goodness. You have been great on here. I just disagree with what you said but don’t blame you for piling on as clearly it’s easy to do here. 😳 don’t gooo!!! Come back!!!! :)

pokerplyr80
06-18-2019, 08:27 PM

Adios

It's easy to get sucked into the negativity with everything that's going on right now. I'd suggest just taking a break and then sticking to what does bring you joy. Best of luck either way.