PDA

View Full Version : Raw t-206's

tibor1
06-10-2019, 03:12 PM
I have about 120+ raw t-206's. I would like to get them graded.
What is the most economical way to do this? They would range in
grade from PSA 4 to PSA 6. I have about 20 HoF's including Young,
Johnson and others. Where can I find a CL to put them in order.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, tibor1

Rhotchkiss
06-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Are you hoping to sell them? If so, I would approach an auction house and they can help (ML, LOTG, REA), and they would likely do that as part of the consignment. If not looking to sell, I have no answers/suggestions- I guess you go to website. Based on recent things, I suggest SGC

tibor1
06-12-2019, 03:01 PM
Besides the above does any one have a suggestion?

Yastrzemski Sports
06-12-2019, 07:24 PM
PSA is your best bet. The higher priced hof are going to have to be submitted at $20 per. The rest you can put into their quarterly special - $8 per card for pre 1960 up to $99 declared value. The quarterly special is 85 day turn around so if you send them in today expect them back around Christmas. That’s the most economical.
The cards are catalogued in alphabetical order. No checklist needed. You can see a list of cards in the set in the psa smr. Good luck with them.

tibor1
06-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Thank you very much. I appreciate your time and suggestions!!

Mrc32
06-13-2019, 06:53 AM
The quarterly special is 85 day turn around so if you send them in today expect them back around Christmas.

That made me laugh. Hilarious. :eek:

darwinbulldog
06-13-2019, 08:11 AM
If you're going to sell them here you'd probably do about as well with SGC as with PSA in terms of the prices you'd get, but you might not, in either case, net more money after grading than you would have by selling them raw. That's particularly likely for the less valuable cards.

Otherwise you can get a better deal by having an auction house submit them for you. REA and LOTG are two that are popular with most of us here, and I've been happy with both of them myself when I've consigned cards to them in the past. REA would only make sense if they're going to sell all (or at least most) of them in one lot as a partial set. They don't like to take any individual cards that sell for less than $500. But there are plenty of other auction houses that will, or, if you have an account and a scanner, you could just auction them off by yourself on eBay.

T206s are very easy to sell right here though once you know what they're going for on eBay, so you can just post them yourself on the Net54 T206 BST page and not have to give a cut of the profits to eBay or an auction house.