PDA

View Full Version : The Centering Craze - The perfect storm for dedicated trimmers.

frankbmd
06-06-2019, 09:50 PM
Imagine the ecstasy the trimmers felt when they saw their net gains increase as a result of the hobby's premium awarded to centering over grade. I think the "centering fanatic" collectors have unwittingly enabled the trimmers to fill their coffers more rapidly. I would think optimizing centering would be one of easiest conservations to perform. Wouldn't you?;):eek:

Peter_Spaeth
06-06-2019, 09:53 PM
Imagine the ecstasy the trimmers felt when they saw their net gains increase as a result of the hobby's premium awarded to centering over grade. I think the "centering fanatic" collectors have unwittingly enabled the trimmers to fill their coffers more rapidly. I would think optimizing centering would be one of easiest conservations to perform. Wouldn't you?;):eek:

They have always looked for nicely centered examples they could improve, but yes the "elite centering" fetish of the past couple of years obviously has created new incentives to make cards that will get stickers and sell for multiples.

And I would encourage anyone who bought such cards from PWCC at least to check the cert lists that have been published.

midwaylandscaping
06-06-2019, 09:57 PM

Posted a similar comment across the river at the CU forums earlier and my post went poof. I've had a few posts go poof, go figure. :rolleyes:

Peter_Spaeth
06-06-2019, 10:00 PM
Posted a similar comment across the river at the CU forums earlier and my post went poof. I've had a few posts go poof, go figure. :rolleyes:

I am guessing I wouldn't last an hour there before being banned.

frankbmd
06-06-2019, 10:33 PM
I am guessing I wouldn't last an hour there before being banned.

I think the over/under would be 30 minutes.:D

sando69
06-06-2019, 10:35 PM
peter-
I fear you are overestimating your potential longevity! ;)

and frank... I would make a holzhauer size wager on the under.:)

furthermore, what a stroke of good fortune, for all of us, to have you both here, on net54!:p