PDA

View Full Version : A non-PWCC thread.

Brian Van Horn
06-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Just wanted to break up the top five threads.

So, other than PWCC, what in the card market does everyone want to talk about? Please be respectful in the comments.

Bram99
06-02-2019, 03:47 PM

So, other than PWCC, what in the card market does everyone want to talk about? Please be respectful in the comments.

Anyone liquidating their 1949 Bowman baseball card raw or graded collections? I am still trying to complete my graded set.

Fuddjcal
06-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Bor ing!!!!!:d

Brian Van Horn
06-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Bor ing!!!!!:d

Nice to meet you, Chuck.

pokerplyr80
06-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Upcoming heritage auction has some nice stuff. A hindu and a Lennox Cobb, and some great looking Mantles.

perezfan
06-02-2019, 04:23 PM
The intimate Seattle Show was pretty cool. It was nice meeting Rhett and Rhys.

wondo
06-02-2019, 06:40 PM
So.......my first real foray into trading prewar cards is going well. Trying to fill out my set by trading nicer cards for bulk. I must admit I’m a bit rusty. I have only one rule which is: both parties must be happy with the trade. This doesn’t mean value can’t be unequal, just that both folks are smiling. Am I naive? What are other ideas, rules, caveats, etc? I’m trading T207s but this can go across a wide spectrum of early issues where value typically does fluctuate greatly. Appreciate the insight.

John

buymycards
06-02-2019, 06:50 PM
I would love to be able to trace the history of these T216's. How did they manage to make it through Louisiana's floods, humidity, heat, and tornado's? Simply amazing. Plus, surviving paper drives, mother's cleaning the desk drawers, etc.

drcy
06-02-2019, 06:53 PM
It's gotten to the point that even non-PWCC threats have PWCC in the title.

midmo
06-02-2019, 06:54 PM

There's a hole in my collection that's waiting for you to sell/trade me that W-UNC Rucker of yours. :D

bobbyw8469
06-02-2019, 06:55 PM
If I put "NON PWCC" in my title, will that get me more bids?? LOL....I can't imagine PWCC will continue to put PWCC in their auction titles like a badge of honor like they used to.

kateighty
06-02-2019, 06:57 PM
As weather nerd and NWS storm chaser I'd love to know how everyones doing given the last month of severe weather. And aside from a safe how do you protect your collections?

joshuanip
06-02-2019, 07:00 PM
It's gotten to the point that even non-PWCC threats have PWCC in the title.

Lol. That’s funny.

There is no such thing as bad publicity. - (by some showman who also said a sucker is born every minute)

brianp-beme
06-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Here is a non-PWCC post with a PWCC twist. I will show four vintage cards that feature players with last names that start with the letters P, W, C and C. See if you can follow suit.

My example is Persons, Wilson, Cook, Craghead

Which I interpret to mean "Persons will soon cook Crackhead"

Brian (it is up to you to determine who the Crackhead is)

toledo_mudhen
06-04-2019, 05:21 AM
Golden State - Seriously - Gonna win another one..... and then move to San Fran?

Rhotchkiss
06-04-2019, 05:59 AM
Rick, awesome T216's. Perhaps you can write the script of a movie showing how the card has survived and all the people whose hands its been in -- like a Dog's life, except with that MINO -- "A card's life".

Jesse, yes, Heritage has some really nice things. I wish REA, Memory Lane, and LOTG would all post previews, like Heritage and Huggins, so I could see what they have coming down the pipe and I can plan accordingly. Based on what in Heritage. Auction Houses need more and sooner previews

So here is my topic, and perhaps it should be a different thread. What, if anything, is SGC doing to capitalize on all the bad press/mojo that PSA and BGS are getting. SGC should be rolling out advances, digitizing its entire population report, hiring some new top graders, and beefing up advertising. If its a matter of money, why dont they just go raise it. PSA/BGS has given SGC a great opportunity here and I wish they would seize it -- because, personally, I think SGC is worlds better than PSA, and, to me, BVG is barely better than GAI when it comes to 1950 and older (certainly the 1920 and older than I collect).

birdman42
06-04-2019, 08:16 PM
Where have all the Washington cards gone? When I see lots of 20 cards (for example), plenty of Tigers, Athletics, Reds, etc. Nary a Wash National in the batch. WaJo is about the only Washington player I see in the pickup threads and in BST offers. (Setting aside all the wonderful things ValKehl posts, of course.)

Bill

Brian Van Horn
06-04-2019, 11:55 PM
Where have all the Washington cards gone? When I see lots of 20 cards (for example), plenty of Tigers, Athletics, Reds, etc. Nary a Wash National in the batch. WaJo is about the only Washington player I see in the pickup threads and in BST offers. (Setting aside all the wonderful things ValKehl posts, of course.)

Bill

OK.

Republicaninmass
06-05-2019, 05:40 AM
If I put "NON PWCC" in my title, will that get me more bids?? LOL....I can't imagine PWCC will continue to put PWCC in their auction titles like a badge of honor like they used to.

It will get more "eyeballs"

birdman42
06-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Wow! Thanks, Brian.

Sometimes Wash feels like the circus peanuts of the eye-candy world.

1952boyntoncollector
06-05-2019, 08:33 AM
So its not a PSA thread?

What ever happened to that Lennox cobb, how much did it sell for?

kateighty
06-05-2019, 02:48 PM
Sick Washington cards Brian, thanks for sharing!

ValKehl
06-05-2019, 09:36 PM

Bill

Bill, thanks for the kind words. Here are a few more Washington Senators cards for you (sorry about the sizing differences):