PDA

View Full Version : ll

PiratesWS1979
06-02-2019, 06:40 AM
bb

ullmandds
06-02-2019, 07:01 AM
Older...like the gretzy wagner??? When psa knew how to grade cards??? Thats rich!!! Flips will become more insignificant than the merits of the actual card in the future...the way it should always have been imo.

Peter_Spaeth
06-02-2019, 07:04 AM
Older...like the gretzy wagner??? When psa knew how to grade cards??? Thats rich!!! Flips will become more insignificant than the merits of the actual card in the future...the way it should always have been imo.

I wonder how many of the guys with the high end major Registry sets are aware of this, and what they are thinking.

ullmandds
06-02-2019, 07:22 AM
its the high rollers who should be the most angry and who should likely be the ones to get their lawyers on the case ASAP. IMO!

ullmandds
06-02-2019, 07:23 AM
But again...to me this is no different than being caught with a stock the day they offer catastrophic news and you see your investment go to shit! It's happened to me. How is this that different?

Exhibitman
06-02-2019, 07:50 AM
Seems to me that if they could produce undetectable fake cards they could also produce undetectable fake flips...

Bram99
06-02-2019, 07:54 AM
But again...to me this is no different than being caught with a stock the day they offer catastrophic news and you see your investment go to shit! It's happened to me. How is this that different?

If collecting stocks is for you a hobby then it is exactly the same. For me cards are more hobby than investment. I am not blind to the value and I like when the value of a card I bought increases in value. But I collect and keep cards because I enjoy them not just because of their value. Not judging but some people only collect for the investment aspect. For that group of people this PSA / PWCC scandal will be the most painful.

Promethius88
06-02-2019, 09:17 AM
If collecting stocks is for you a hobby then it is exactly the same. For me cards are more hobby than investment. I am not blind to the value and I like when the value of a card I bought increases in value. But I collect and keep cards because I enjoy them not just because of their value. Not judging but some people only collect for the investment aspect. For that group of people this PSA / PWCC scandal will be the most painful.

And will be great for the people that are in it only for the enjoyment of the hobby itself if the sky falls and prices on everything plummet.
As I posted elsewhere, we can blame everyone else all we want, but at the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame. It's our greed and vanity that have perpetuated this entire situation.

doug.goodman
06-02-2019, 09:42 AM
With the current trimming/altering scandal worsening by the day it made me remember an older thread.

It involved all the counterfeits with their increase print quality and card stock.

Some were afraid it would come to a point counterfeits would grade along with others and posed a question.

Will earlier flips bring a premium over newer one for fear of counterfeits?

Sounds even more relevant today, thought?

The very first card that PSA graded they got wrong, so not sure how early you would think might bring a premium.

Doug

edited to say : I guess I should read entire threads, so that I will see that somebody (Pete) already said what I said.

doug.goodman
06-02-2019, 09:46 AM

There is nothing wrong with "collecting" for only the investment aspect, but it has been obvious from that first (mis)graded Wagner that the entire house was built in an earthquake zone...