PDA

View Full Version : Met member Brian van Horn ......

wondo
05-29-2019, 07:18 AM
….. and dined on some fine pepperoni pizza and an Italian grinder (that's a baked hoagie for y'all). I had bought a T207 from Brian and we decided to do the delivery in person since I am traveling for work north of Pittsburgh. Brian's a great guy and I've bought a bunch from him over the years.

Gotta get him to come out of his shell, though :D:D:D

Always nice to meet fellow members and put a face with the name. Brian, I won't say anything about the car...………………….

Bpm0014
05-29-2019, 07:24 AM
I'm from Pittsburgh. Where was this "fine pepperoni pizza" from? There are only 3 places to go in Pittsburgh. All others are gar-bage.

wondo
05-29-2019, 07:34 AM
I'm from Pittsburgh. Where was this "fine pepperoni pizza" from? There are only 3 places to go in Pittsburgh. All others are gar-bage.

We were actually north in Cranberry Township at Monte Cello's. It's a local place with decent Sicilian and $2.50 Molsons.

And what are the good places in Pittsburgh proper?

frankbmd
05-29-2019, 09:10 AM
Not to change the subject of where to buy pizza in western Pennsylvania, but I thought from the thread title that Brian must have been recently traded to the Mets.:eek:

Aquarian Sports Cards
05-29-2019, 09:13 AM
We were actually north in Cranberry Township at Monte Cello's. It's a local place with decent Sicilian and $2.50 Molsons.

Anyone who calls it Sicilian and not Pan or Deep Dish is OK in my book!

Bpm0014
05-29-2019, 02:07 PM

Probably in this order:

1. Fiori's
2. Beto's
3. Mineo's

kateighty
05-29-2019, 06:03 PM
Anyone who calls it Sicilian and not Pan or Deep Dish is OK in my book!

It depends on where you are. Great job though. I'll be sure NOT to buy any cards from you in the next five years because of that.

Exhibitman
05-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Proper Sicilian is prebaked then topped and finished. Deep dish is baked all at once like a pie, which is really what it is rather than pizza. Hate the latter. I haven't found decent Sicilian anywhere in L.A.

markf31
05-30-2019, 01:12 PM

Probably in this order:

1. Fiori's
2. Beto's
3. Mineo's

Maybe that was the list 20 years ago haha. Or the fact you said Pittsburgh proper as-in within city limits. But not too far away would be:

1. Slice on Broadway
3. Campitis
2. Caliente

Brian Van Horn
06-01-2019, 06:00 PM
….. and dined on some fine pepperoni pizza and an Italian grinder (that's a baked hoagie for y'all). I had bought a T207 from Brian and we decided to do the delivery in person since I am traveling for work north of Pittsburgh. Brian's a great guy and I've bought a bunch from him over the years.

Gotta get him to come out of his shell, though :D:D:D

Always nice to meet fellow members and put a face with the name. Brian, I won't say anything about the car...………………….

LOL! :D

Gentlemen, the car story.

I went from Castle Shannon to Cranberry dealing with traffic and pouring down rain with a funnel cloud in the distance. When I arrived it was at the worst point of the pouring down rain and coming down in sheets. I got out of the car with my umbrella over head and still got sopped on my back. I noticed my lights were on. I reopened the door and turned off the lights. I headed toward Monte Cello's and got waterlogged in my shoes.

Now, John and I spoke for over an hour. It was wonderful to meet John and talk about baseball cards. Once I left the restaurant the weather was still overcast, but not raining. What I noticed when I got to my car and I was trying to find my car key was that there were fumes coming out of my newly replaced exhaust. YES, I AM NOW OFFICIALLY SENILE! Still, I didn't have to warm up the car. :D