PDA

View Full Version : OT: Before there was an "Uncle Dick" there was...

sando69
05-28-2019, 02:56 PM
… Doctor "D" !

and a couple of other amusing items. :)

Snapolit1
05-28-2019, 03:01 PM
Ran a marathon at age 42. Holy smokes. Probably hasn't been duplicated since.

HRBAKER
05-28-2019, 03:43 PM
Met and shopped with Dick many times @ GA Music. Was still sitting up at The National as recently as a few years ago. I haven't been in a while, may still be.

Rich Klein
05-28-2019, 03:47 PM
I think he was there last year

Rich

benkenobi13
05-28-2019, 03:52 PM
Yes Uncle Dick was at the National last year and will be in Chicago again this year. If anyone has an extra copy of the card in the original post, please PM me as I would like to have him sign a copy for me at the next show.

JollyElm
05-28-2019, 04:07 PM
I think Doctor D's card could be a variation. If he was born on 11/29/38, he was not 42 for the running of the marathon in 1982. Anyone know if there's a corrected version out there?? :rolleyes:

ALBB
05-28-2019, 04:27 PM
Those old business ads, etc..bring back old memorys…

That's there Goldie " something" , The Hall brothers, Gar Milleretc.., the early big name dealers

sando69
05-28-2019, 05:00 PM
I wish I had a STACK of those cards to be signed...
also wish I had a stack of bill heitman signed and inscribed, "monster" booklets (instead of just one)!
dick decourcy is a human (AND hobby) TREASURE!
I wonder if there is even any other copy of the UNcorrected (or corrected ;)) exemplar...
perhaps we should ask "Doctor D", himself, to be THE speaker at the banquet...
I suspect he could keep EVERYONE entertained for hours, just like he did in the old days, BEFORE he was "uncle dick"! :)

tschock
05-28-2019, 07:39 PM
Yes Uncle Dick was at the National last year and will be in Chicago again this year. If anyone has an extra copy of the card in the original post, please PM me as I would like to have him sign a copy for me at the next show.

I talked with Uncle Dick a couple months back, and he is retiring from 'the show circuit' later this year. But if I understood correctly, he plans on still setting up at future Nationals, assuming he doesn't "sell out" his business entirely.

AddieJoss
05-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Uncle Dick is a complete piece of shit. I hope he retires or dies soon. He falsely accused me of stealing a card years later. I bought several cards from him at a National about 4 or 5 years ago....2 years ago, he said I never paid for one of those cards, when I saw him years later. He was completely out of line and he is complete piece of shit. I’d never buy from him and he’s completely unprofessional. No one should want his signature. He owes me an apology that I hope I never get, as I hope he dies before I ever get that apology.
Cory Weiser (my full name is there).

ALBB
05-29-2019, 05:54 PM
are you sure it wasn't a misunderstanding ?

Ole Dick was always a good joe

How about a little more of the story..

AddieJoss
05-29-2019, 06:00 PM
I’m 100%...he was completely unprofessional.

4-5 years ago I bought a Rose rookie graded psa 6, 52 Topps mays raw, and a raw poor mantle. 2-3 years later, he saw me at the National he said, I didn’t pay for the Mays. He didn’t even remember all 3 cards being sold, just the Mays. He went to other dealers to tell them I didn’t pay for a card years earlier.....he is 100% off base and 100% wrong. My buddy was next to me during the accusation, AND during this purchase (the Mantle was his). And Uncle Dick is and was a complete embarrassment and I will never buy from him or talk to him again. Anyone that knows me will now I’ve never stolen anything or deceived EVER. Someone that wants his signature is just awful!

sando69
05-29-2019, 07:05 PM
cory-
I sincerely apologize for dredging up such a painful memory.
I cannot comment on the incidents, but this would certainly not be the first (nor the last, I suspect) time i've been guilty of foot-in-mouth disease. :(

AddieJoss
05-29-2019, 07:08 PM
Mark,
No apology necessary......not your fault at all. I’m heading to the National again this year and looking forward to seeing almost everyone,