PDA

View Full Version : SGC auto certification lookup?

irv
05-20-2019, 07:28 PM
Just curious if anyone knows if the SGC auto cert lookup is working? I know there was talk about upgrades, etc, but I just checked out a auto cert number from a slab that looks legit but it reads "Auto serial number not found"

I don't belong to SGC but it does allow/has a spot to look up cert numbers under the registry but I am curious if maybe I have to be a member and be logged in first?
https://sgclegacy.com/AutoCertLookup.aspx

MikeKam
05-21-2019, 06:45 AM
The database still works for me and an item I have that I just looked up. Was yours recently authenticated? SGC has come out and said that they will no longer be in the autograph authentication business so it may have something to do with that.

irv
05-21-2019, 06:58 AM
The database still works for me and an item I have that I just looked up. Was yours recently authenticated? SGC has come out and said that they will no longer be in the autograph authentication business so it may have something to do with that.

I am guessing not but I am not sure? It is a autographed card I am looking to purchase and it came from a collection.

I want the card more than the autograph but since it has both, I thought I'd see when it was certified to help alleviate some concerns that it might be a fake?

I just tried it again and I am getting the same notice.

Time to call SGC.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: SGC said the card was legit and was graded/authenticated back in 2015.

MikeKam
05-21-2019, 09:38 AM
I am guessing not but I am not sure? It is a autographed card I am looking to purchase and it came from a collection.

I want the card more than the autograph but since it has both, I thought I'd see when it was certified to help alleviate some concerns that it might be a fake?

I just tried it again and I am getting the same notice.

Time to call SGC.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: SGC said the card was legit and was graded/authenticated back in 2015.

Hmm strange, as for your other question, I didn't need to log in or be a member - might just be a database error on their part then.

irv
05-21-2019, 02:50 PM
Hmm strange, as for your other question, I didn't need to log in or be a member - might just be a database error on their part then.

I'm not sure? I did mention about SGC changing/updating servers and no longer accepting autos as maybe being part of the problem but I never really got a conclusive reply?

With the card I am somewhat interested in, he was able to verify it through his means and was able to tell me when it was authenticated.

I am not a auto collector so I had no further questions when he asked if I did.

Nice guy and no issue whatsoever getting this information from SGC/him.

irv
05-28-2019, 05:12 PM
This is the card I was wondering about. Despite not being able to find the cert# on SGC's site, but being confirmed by calling SGC, I decided to go for it.

With the recent T206 autograph scandal, I was hesitant purchasing this autographed card but after reading a short story on the Dan Fox collection, I thought I'd take the chance.

I wanted the card but when I found one that was autographed, I thought it would make it that much sweeter to own.

Does anyone know anything about Dan Fox other than the article/vid shown here?
https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/million-dollar-autograph-collection-revealed-on-strange-inheritance