PDA

View Full Version : How about something positive. And post your own positive

iowadoc77
05-19-2019, 04:02 PM
All this PWCC trimgate, altered-gate, conservagate, vaultgate, stickergate, whatever you want to call it has really put a damper on our great hobby.

We need a positive thread. So everything in this thread needs to be positive. Please add something positive in your life related to cards or non-related to cards.

I will start-pretty excited about my new Trek Farley fat bike. Sold my old one and this one has 4.5” tires. If it ever quits raining here in Iowa I can’t wait to go tear up some gravel roads!

https://sportscardalbum.com/c/2xap427w.jpeg (https://sportscardalbum.com/card/2xap427w)

bnorth
05-19-2019, 04:49 PM
All this PWCC trimgate, altered-gate, conservagate, vaultgate, stickergate, whatever you want to call it has really put a damper on our great hobby.

We need a positive thread. So everything in this thread needs to be positive. Please add something positive in your life related to cards or non-related to cards.

I will start-pretty excited about my new Trek Farley fat bike. Sold my old one and this one has 4.5” tires. If it ever quits raining here in Iowa I can’t wait to go tear up some gravel roads!

https://sportscardalbum.com/c/2xap427w.jpeg (https://sportscardalbum.com/card/2xap427w)

Cool bike Eric. I hear you on the rain. It is the same way here and looks like more rain everyday for the next week.

My good is that I was offered 10X what i paid for a card. The other good was I mailed the guy I purchased it from a portion of my profit.:D

iowadoc77
05-19-2019, 04:59 PM
That’s a really cool move. Congrats on the profit and even bigger congrats on being a good dude!

Goudey77
05-19-2019, 05:09 PM
Greetings from Oregon. It is Spring Turkey season. My primary love and hobby, the outdoors.
Life’s too short to stress and worry about cardboard.
https://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/akuracy503/68B2BE96-0A98-4C0C-8D1A-8364A9C26ECA_zpscvckpuuw.png

ullmandds
05-19-2019, 05:12 PM
Greetings from Oregon. It is Spring Turkey season. My primary love and hobby, the outdoors.
https://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/akuracy503/68B2BE96-0A98-4C0C-8D1A-8364A9C26ECA_zpscvckpuuw.png

thats a big ass turkey

buymycards
05-19-2019, 05:34 PM
I ran a 5k this morning in my old hometown. The run was in memory of a son of one of my classmates. His son was 21 years old and passed away 10 years ago because of heart problems. All of the money that was raised will go to scholarships for the local high school kids.

My time was 29:21, which is OK for a 68 year old geezer.

Rick

commishbob
05-19-2019, 05:40 PM
Put some Borla ATAK catbacks on my ‘14 Mustang yesterday. :cool:

Throttlesteer
05-19-2019, 05:45 PM
We're all lucky enough to enjoy and own some prewar cards.

Rhotchkiss
05-19-2019, 06:09 PM
Good thread. That Turkey is nuts. Eric, great to put a face to the name! My son and I climbed a small (east coast - Cotoctin) mountain last weekend. That same son was confirmed today and gets his learner’s permit Tuesday. Time flies....

iwantitiwinit
05-19-2019, 06:23 PM

I love the fat bikes. I have a custom LaMere with 4.0 Terrenne tires in the front and rear. It's the most fun I've had in the snow or sand. Have fun rip it up!!!!!

LuckyLarry
05-19-2019, 07:25 PM
It was 93 degrees today in NE Florida
http://i.imgur.com/cyGYrEFm.jpg (https://imgur.com/cyGYrEF)

Aquarian Sports Cards
05-19-2019, 07:25 PM

Scary as f*ck to be driving along and have one of those monsters fly out of a tree across the road in front of you. Gotta be the heaviest flying bird.

My positive is simply the people I've met from this forum. Added two more in Pittsburgh this weekend and look forward to meeting more every time out. The negatives are unfortunate, but important, however I get a LOT more positive from the site and the hobby, thanks everyone.

wondo
05-19-2019, 07:31 PM
Awesome thread. My third child (only son) graduated from Penn State this month. After twelve straight years of tuition courtesy of his sisters and him, wifey and I are free! Looking forward to a vacation (and bigger card budget)!

iowadoc77
05-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Awesome thread. My third child (only son) graduated from Penn State this month. After twelve straight years of tuition courtesy of his sisters and him, wifey and I are free! Looking forward to a vacation (and bigger card budget)!

T207s for Wondo!!!!! Congrats buddy!

iowadoc77
05-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Ryan- hiking with the dudes is the best! I hiked 3 that were above 13k in Colorado with my son 3 summers ago. Awesome memories.

Bob- Fat biking is the best. This is my third fat bike. Currently at 4 bikes in the stable. That feels like the right number. Carbon road bike, full time trainer bike, this fat bike and an all carbon Trek Stache. Love me some biking

Thanks for all the positivity everyone!

sreader3
05-19-2019, 08:20 PM
My son graduated from USC in three years and, even better, he has an amazing job that he starts in July! Oh--and I have two kids. My daughter just blew me away with her SAT score so I won't have to use the "side door" for her either and pay half a million to get her in somewhere. :rolleyes: They are way ahead of where I was at their age. And I live in Colorado so get to use its awesome hiking trails every day. Life is good.

iowadoc77
05-19-2019, 08:32 PM
My son graduated from USC in three years and, even better, he has an amazing job that he starts in July! Oh--and I have two kids. My daughter just blew me away with her SAT score so I won't have to use the "side door" for her either and pay half a million to get her in somewhere. :rolleyes: And I live in Colorado so get to use its awesome hiking trails every day. Life is good.

All kinds of awesomeness! Life is good! Always stuff to complain about but I love hearing these good stories. Congrats to you and your kids. Colorado rocks.

sreader3
05-19-2019, 08:36 PM
Thanks Doc--great thread. Send me a PM next time you are in CO. Would love to get together.

iowadoc77
05-19-2019, 08:44 PM
Thanks Doc--great thread. Send me a PM next time you are in CO. Would love to get together.

Sounds like a plan!

Leon
05-19-2019, 09:43 PM
In the last 2 days I have been to literally 4 SMU ceremonies for my daughter's graduation. She graduated Magna Cum Laude and majored in both Statistics and Economics while doubling up all this year with Masters courses. So in 1 more year (of a 2 yrs program) she will have her Masters in Statistics from SMU...saving mom and dad a lot of money. And she was chosen for a fellowship (nicely paid intern) for her Masters year there at the Bush Institute. It is a proud weekend for us.

KCRfan1
05-19-2019, 09:50 PM
Stage 4 cancer survivor and I get to wake up everyday. Remission for about 3 and half years. Loving life, the wife, dog, and baseball cards. Listening to The Monkees on Youtube and playing on Net54 right now.

frankbmd
05-19-2019, 10:06 PM
Stage 4 cancer survivor and I get to wake up everyday. Remission for about 3 and half years. Loving life, the wife, dog, and baseball cards. Listening to The Monkees on Youtube and playing on Net54 right now.

I hear ya Lou. I had a 25% chance of surviving 5 years, 10 years ago. Didn't worry about it too much. The chips seem to have fallen in my direction. Glad that cardboard isn't a distraction for the important things in life, such as Jonathan Winters on Youtube and blowing my sax like there's no tomorrow, which incidentally is the hope of my neighbors.:eek:

Exhibitman
05-19-2019, 10:13 PM
I got a silver coin in change yesterday. It isn't much but it made me smile.

sreader3
05-19-2019, 11:09 PM
In the last 2 days I have been to literally 4 SMU ceremonies for my daughter's graduation. She graduated Magna Cum Laude and majored in both Statistics and Economics while doubling up all this year with Masters courses. So in 1 more year (of a 2 yrs program) she will have her Masters in Statistics from SMU...saving mom and dad a lot of money. And she was chosen for a fellowship (nicely paid intern) for her Masters year there at the Bush Institute. It is a proud weekend for us.

Congrats Leon. She no doubt gets some of her wisdom from her father. I rarely fail to be impressed how you arbitrate the petty disputes on this forum.

Bicem
05-20-2019, 12:05 AM

My favorite post.

sando69
05-20-2019, 12:53 AM
and that could not have happened to a more deserving individual...
also, made my nite recently when I came across one of adam's ebay listings & actually stopped to read the "fine print" therein.
not just a genuinely nice guy, but absolutely hilarious, too!
(check him out on you tube)

bigfish
05-20-2019, 06:26 AM
1. I will no longer read PWCC threads or view any PWCC infomercials. Classic fake news.

2. My son pitched for the first time this weekend which was awesome.

MVSNYC
05-20-2019, 06:38 AM
Great thread. Huge congratulations to the Cancer survivors here.

Yesterday we redecorated our daughter's bedroom, she just turned 3, and we got her a queen size bed, new comforter set, nightstand, etc. Was priceless seeing how much she loves her new bed/room.

iowadoc77
05-20-2019, 06:42 AM
Surviving cancer
Celebrating accomplishments of our family members
Celebrating milestones
Enjoying life
Enjoying our other hobbies

Love it! Thanks everyone for sharing and keep them coming!

tedzan
05-20-2019, 08:03 AM
My Grandson, Ron, is getting married this weekend. The wedding is on an Island 14 miles off the coast of Maine.

Monhegan Island
http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/large/MonheganIsland50x.jpg

Here is a recent picture of Ron and I, when he graduated (Electronics Engineering degree) from the Univ. of Maine.

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/websize/TedRonGrad50x.jpg

Great thread, Eric.

TED Z

T206 Reference (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237816)

ZachS
05-20-2019, 09:11 AM
I have 2 young sons that are happy and healthy... that's the most important thing in my life.

I also start my new job next week. I'm starting out making almost double my current salary and the benefits are immensely better. I look at this as an opportunity to spend more time with my boys and using that extra money to fund adventures.

guy3050
05-20-2019, 09:49 AM
Just last week my youngest son Jonathan was accepted to McGill University in medicine.....Life is good

iowadoc77
05-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Is there much better than being a proud parent? Sure seems to be a common thread here. Lots of great stuff.

jchcollins
05-20-2019, 12:42 PM
My mother passed away on May 5th after a very difficult battle with an undiagnosed neurological disease for about a year. I say this is a blessing because she is no longer in pain, and our family is finally getting some well-deserved rest. I have a lovely wife who keeps me sane, and 2 beautiful daughters (ages 12 and 9) who are thriving in school and sports. My wife and I are secure in our careers and enjoy them. Relatively speaking, we don't have financial worries. I recently found a hidden gem in a local card shop, and while this has not been great news for my wallet - old baseball cards continue to make me happy after 33 years now, and the new shop has helped out tremendously there with affordable vintage - the cards being a nice diversion and temporary escape when I needed them and memories of happier times during my mother's illness. Like I've heard others say here as well, Mom was the original supporter of my card habit.

There are plenty of things which scare me and could be potential disturbances in this world. But when I really think about it, I'm blessed and doing quite allright. Good topic!

jchcollins
05-20-2019, 01:58 PM
My mother passed away on May 5th after a very difficult battle with an undiagnosed neurological disease for about a year. I say this is a blessing because she is no longer in pain, and our family is finally getting some well-deserved rest. I have a lovely wife who keeps me sane, and 2 beautiful daughters (ages 12 and 9) who are thriving in school and sports. My wife and I are secure in our careers and enjoy them. Relatively speaking, we don't have financial worries. I recently found a hidden gem in a local card shop, and while this has not been great news for my wallet - old baseball cards continue to make me happy after 33 years now, and the new shop has helped out tremendously there with affordable vintage - the cards being a nice diversion and temporary escape when I needed them and memories of happier times during my mother's illness. Like I've heard others say here as well, Mom was the original supporter of my card habit.

There are plenty of things which scare me and could be potential disturbances in this world. But when I really think about it, I'm blessed and doing quite allright. Good topic!

Oh, and on top of all that - the Cubs are in first place!:)

drcy
05-20-2019, 04:11 PM
Murphy and I sitting on a bench looking at the sea a couple of days ago

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/60350371_10213705458366277_169404677069209600_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=5a06ef449d7db472ec9c5050911a34dc&oe=5D6B9885

ChiefBeef
05-20-2019, 04:12 PM
Dont know if this will work. My 5 year old grandson got a awesome hit at coach pitch T-ball Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/25522781/videos/10105959094409086/

iowadoc77
05-20-2019, 04:22 PM
Dont know if this will work. My 5 year old grandson got a awesome hit at coach pitch T-ball Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/25522781/videos/10105959094409086/

Video didn't work, but I bet that was cool to see!

bnorth
05-20-2019, 04:32 PM
The lilac bushes are flowering now, they are my favorite smell in the spring.:)

I am now also picking asparagus.:)

71buc
05-20-2019, 05:48 PM

Awsome! My pride and joy is celebrating 5 years post chemo this weekend. She survived bone cancer and is keeping her promise to one day dance with me at her wedding. She took a quick trip to Hawaii to celebrate life and sent me this picture yesterday. Her smile speaks a million words and everyone of them melts her father's heart.

Vintagevault13
05-20-2019, 06:34 PM
My oldest son graduated a couple of weeks ago from Georgia Southwestern State University. He was blessed to receive a tennis scholarship and play four years in the Peach Belt Conference, the toughest tennis conference in NCAA Division II (Columbus State just won the DII national championship). He graduated with a nursing degree and begins a job in July in the critical care unit at a nearby hospital. My twins are finishing their junior year in high school and are beginning their college search. Bottom line, God has truly blessed me and my wife.

Thanks for starting this thread. I think it was needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cliftons8
05-20-2019, 07:49 PM
My middle child graduated from college last weekend, my son graduated from high school this weekend and my wife and I bought a lake house. We are blessed in many ways.
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I smile and applaud those of you who have faced tough challenges and come out on top!! FANTASTIC!!

Rhotchkiss
05-20-2019, 08:04 PM
It’s nice to see so many nice things happening and I really like the stories of people’s perseverance through some really bad stuff. Congrats to all and thanks for sharing.

PS- the asparagus looks great!

Chicosbailbonds
05-20-2019, 08:08 PM
Summer about to start on Lake Michigan

https://i.postimg.cc/KztFkKkK/66-CF9114-3752-49-C7-9286-CA460-D6-E2398.jpg (https://postimg.cc/yg6228TB)

iowadoc77
05-20-2019, 08:37 PM
Where at on Lake Michigan? I spent some time in Holland and have done a triathlon in Racine that had the swim portion in Lake Michigan.

These stories are all great. Thanks everyone for sharing.

Kenny Cole
05-20-2019, 08:46 PM
My youngest graduates from High School this Friday and starts at Reed College this fall. :) Great school, but a tad pricey.

Rich Klein
05-20-2019, 08:48 PM
I play with cards remotely every working day and see some amazing material for COMC (more new than old) and get paid for that privilege. Trust me, I never feel as if I'm going to work.

My wife is flying up to NY this weekend to meet with a group which specializes in arranging organ donations. It's a group called Renewal and they are at approximately 600 transplants (mainly kidneys which is what my needs) She has relatives to stay with within walking distance of their offices in Brooklyn no less. (Email or PM for details if curious)

Regards
Rich

TheBig6
05-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Reunion with a couple shipmates last week in San Antonio.
https://photos.imageevent.com/ruckers/cardsforsale/82294A24-AEBD-4330-AAC5-9416C4CAB82F.jpeg

KCRfan1
05-21-2019, 12:28 AM
Awsome! My pride and joy is celebrating 5 years post chemo this weekend. She survived bone cancer and is keeping her promise to one day dance with me at her wedding. She took a quick trip to Hawaii to celebrate life and sent me this picture yesterday. Her smile speaks a million words and everyone of them melts her father's heart.

That's fantastic! Wishing her good health and happiness!

oldjudge
05-21-2019, 01:29 AM
My wife and I are fanatic WNBA fans and the WNBA season opens this week (Go Sparks!). Here is a picture of me with one of the Sparks’ stars, 2016 league MVP and fellow Stanford alum, Nneka Ogwumike.

iowadoc77
05-21-2019, 05:35 AM
One more positive from me-
I got my private pilot license in September and am really enjoying the friendly skies. Have landed at over 20 different airports in Iowa so far. Flying a Cessna 172 and shortly will be working towards my Cirrus endorsement.
Bottom line is this- Cycling+Aviation+Cardboard= too many hobbies but I love all three. What’s a guy to do?

bnorth
05-21-2019, 07:56 AM
One more positive from me-
I got my private pilot license in September and am really enjoying the friendly skies. Have landed at over 20 different airports in Iowa so far. Flying a Cessna 172 and shortly will be working towards my Cirrus endorsement.
Bottom line is this- Cycling+Aviation+Cardboard= too many hobbies but I love all three. What’s a guy to do?

WOW, flying a plane as a hobby, that is super cool.

We picked up a new hobby we have not been able to try yet because of the weather. Not sure if we will like it so I bought a older used travel trailer and pickup.

MatthewN
05-21-2019, 08:32 AM
My positive note is that I'm new to vintage cards and I appreciate the wealth of T206 information on Net54 and various other websites that you all have provided!

Primarily a Kirby Puckett collector (2,000+), I randomly started reading up on T206 cards at the start of 2019 and I find it all very fascinating. I'm up to a grand total of twelve T206's now with the addition of this Milan Polar Bear that arrived from Luke yesterday via the B/S/T board.

Eric, I have no intentions of ever flying a plane myself, and I don't ride my bike on gravel, but I did ride from my house in Coralville, to and from a Cedar Rapids Kernels game last week. Iowa, biking and baseball!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47110010084_1cd2c7b62b_z.jpg

mattsey9
05-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Another spring, my 8th so far, of managing my son's baseball team. We don't have the gaudy record we did last season, but the boys are having a blast.

Just got this card from Topps. Great mail day!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/a42e6ae6d86978921f02671e48abf6e9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/64ac0952715fff6cadb9aa4d9e639d2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

calvindog
05-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Another spring, my 8th so far, of managing my son's baseball team. We don't have the gaudy record we did last season, but the boys are having a blast.

Just got this card from Topps. Great mail day!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/a42e6ae6d86978921f02671e48abf6e9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/64ac0952715fff6cadb9aa4d9e639d2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Man, Otis is a badass name for a kid. I love it.

prewarsports
05-21-2019, 04:55 PM
Coach High School Soccer in the Fall, this year we went 20-0-2 and won the first state title in school history. Finished the year ranked number 39 in the nation. FYI, I am the only non-hispanic on the team at the far left.

JeremyW
05-21-2019, 05:01 PM
On anther positive note, my eighteen year old nephew is on his way to beating leukemia & like many have said earlier, health is really all we have. Never take it for granted.

GaryPassamonte
05-21-2019, 05:10 PM
My grandson is a high school junior, is currently hitting .526, and is second in NY state in RBIs.

oldjudge
05-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Could be a modern generation Ross Barnes.

GaryPassamonte
05-21-2019, 07:08 PM
We can only hope. Jay.

iowadoc77
05-21-2019, 07:23 PM
My positive note is that I'm new to vintage cards and I appreciate the wealth of T206 information on Net54 and various other websites that you all have provided!

Primarily a Kirby Puckett collector (2,000+), I randomly started reading up on T206 cards at the start of 2019 and I find it all very fascinating. I'm up to a grand total of twelve T206's now with the addition of this Milan Polar Bear that arrived from Luke yesterday via the B/S/T board.

Eric, I have no intentions of ever flying a plane myself, and I don't ride my bike on gravel, but I did ride from my house in Coralville, to and from a Cedar Rapids Kernels game last week. Iowa, biking and baseball!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47110010084_1cd2c7b62b_z.jpg

Biking and baseball yes please! Coralville! We aren’t that far apart. I am in Pella. 90 miles to the left... haha. I lived in Coralville for 4 years during grad school. Good memories.

Loving all the stories. Lots of baseball stuff. Imagine that. Love the camper picture(have camped a lot with my parents), the state champ soccer pic (coached soccer for about 10 years), so many good stories here. Puts a big smile on my face.

pitchernut
05-21-2019, 07:24 PM
One month later and my wife is doing great after a hip replacement:)

G36
05-21-2019, 09:51 PM
Just finished my sophomore year of college (seems like I am on the younger side here).

Kenny Cole
05-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Just finished my sophomore year of college (seems like I am on the younger side here).

Glad to have you in the hobby!!! I hope that your college years are awesome (as were mine for the most part) and that you knock it out of the park employment-wise later. I hope that you and others your age take over and carry on this hobby for all of us old geezers, lol.

iowadoc77
05-22-2019, 08:08 AM
Love the age range and diversity of collecting interests and styles on this board.
Always appreciate the stories of why people collect what they collect.

My family had a birthday party for my nephew last night (he is 5) and was talking bucket list items with my dad. I had no idea some of the things he wants to do. Next several years could be a lot of fun! So thankful to have most of my family in the same town! Family is priceless

bnorth
05-22-2019, 10:56 AM
To add to the good thread.:)

Just got back from my diabetes checkup. I have lost another 11 pounds and got my A1C down to a 6.5 since my last visit.:)

Bigdaddy
05-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Had a good couple of days with the kids. The oldest just returned home from his sophomore year at Va Tech on Thursday and will start his summer internship in June.

The middle son graduates HS in a couple of weeks (will start VT in the fall) and his lacrosse team just finished an undefeated season, winning the league championship on Friday night. He's #20 in the middle.

And my daughter just won a couple of blue ribbons in the local horse show on Saturday morning.

Feeling very blessed.

MarcosCards
05-22-2019, 08:08 PM
This is 4 month old Javier Marcos — a future Detroit Tiger shortstop. He is grandchild number three — blessings upon blessings.

oldjudge
05-23-2019, 01:17 AM
He is adorable—congratulations!

oldjudge
05-23-2019, 01:29 AM
My wife and I have been blessed by two grandchildren in the last year and a half. Here is the older of the two, Izzy, along with her mommy, my daughter-in-law. We also have a grandson, Jack, who is a few months younger.

TUM301
05-23-2019, 04:23 AM
This is 4 month old Javier Marcos — a future Detroit Tiger shortstop. He is grandchild number three — blessings upon blessings.

Great picture Marcos, bats left throws right hopefully ! As for me, oldest grand daughter 6, scored her 1`st goal in our local street hockey league. Her BEAMING smile was priceless as was her retelling of the story to grandma later that night ! GO BRUINS !!!

gregm13
05-23-2019, 01:32 PM

That's awesome!!! Back in 1988, I underwent an autologous bone marrow transplant for non-hodgkins lymphoma. At that point it was stage 4 and I was given 1/2 of 1% chance of surviving. I was in a coma for 3 months and was given my last rites 3 times. I've been cancer free for 31 years (just celebrated my 45th birthday) and am thankful every minute of every day for my wife and kids.

Greg M.

iowadoc77
05-23-2019, 05:12 PM
That's awesome!!! Back in 1988, I underwent an autologous bone marrow transplant for non-hodgkins lymphoma. At that point it was stage 4 and I was given 1/2 of 1% chance of surviving. I was in a coma for 3 months and was given my last rites 3 times. I've been cancer free for 31 years (just celebrated my 45th birthday) and am thankful every minute of every day for my wife and kids.

Greg M.

Wow Greg. Thanks for sharing. That really puts things in perspective. What a journey for you!

mouschi
05-24-2019, 12:24 PM
We had something massive happen to us about a week ago. We welcomed baby #2 into our world ... a mere 16 1/2 years after our first!

The delivery was extremely worrisome (we are no spring chickens here at 38 and 39). We were one traffic jam away from daddy delivering Beckett in the car! I was quite nervous about the whole situation, but God is good and we are all lovestruck :)

Allow me to introduce you all to Beckett Clark Theophilus Jones!
Clark was my dad's middle name who passed away a little over 7 months ago - the last time we saw him as a family, we were able to tell him and my mom we were pregnant. They were the first ones to find out! We have had a number of crying episodes because he wasn't able to meet him this side of heaven. I'm so happy/thankful Atticus knew my dad well so he can tell Beckett how amazing of a "papa bear" he was.

Theophilus is the name Luke from the Bible addressed the Gospel of Luke and Acts to. It means friend/lover of God.

So, without further adieu, here are some pics!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D60ALTLW0AA4cFW.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D60ANe0WwAMEBve.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D60APKTVUAAfmr2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D60AQ3eWsAADKhp.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D67zNOpXYAUroEX.jpg

bnorth
05-24-2019, 01:43 PM
We had something massive happen to us about a week ago. We welcomed baby #2 into our world ... a mere 16 1/2 years after our first!

The delivery was extremely worrisome (we are no spring chickens here at 38 and 39). We were one traffic jam away from daddy delivering Beckett in the car! I was quite nervous about the whole situation, but God is good and we are all lovestruck :)

Allow me to introduce you all to Beckett Clark Theophilus Jones!
Clark was my dad's middle name who passed away a little over 7 months ago - the last time we saw him as a family, we were able to tell him and my mom we were pregnant. They were the first ones to find out! We have had a number of crying episodes because he wasn't able to meet him this side of heaven. I'm so happy/thankful Atticus knew my dad well so he can tell Beckett how amazing of a "papa bear" he was.

Theophilus is the name Luke from the Bible addressed the Gospel of Luke and Acts to. It means friend/lover of God.

So, without further adieu, here are some pics!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D60ALTLW0AA4cFW.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D60ANe0WwAMEBve.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D60APKTVUAAfmr2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D60AQ3eWsAADKhp.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D67zNOpXYAUroEX.jpg

That is awesome Tanner, congratulations!!!

iowadoc77
05-24-2019, 02:57 PM
Tanner
Thanks for sharing. What a great name. Love the name Theophilus and what it stands for. A major congratulations to you and your family!

mouschi
05-24-2019, 04:15 PM
Thank you guys!

VintageBen
05-24-2019, 05:25 PM
I would say that the most positive thing that has helped me with my collection is a guy named Orlando Rodriguez. I found him on Instagram a few years ago and he helped me refocus my collection. I used to go to the card shop once a week and spend maybe $50, but after talking with him he helped me refocus and get cards I thought I’d never own. I stopped going to the card shop. Sold my whole collection and pretty much started over. He taught me to be patient, which is hard to do most of the time. I’m sad that Orly has left the hobby, but he’s helped me collect cards I thought I’d never own.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190524/658d3ce3ded60a33262f6996ff6a54c1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190524/6df529f703d64bc589b04a63c74acdb6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190524/1e1bb48ae78bab8927f59864e750adbd.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190524/df791c7d201cd6d83079a64d3ff648fc.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190524/e2aa61a04cc5d7ce1165050ca63d9f03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iowadoc77
05-24-2019, 05:51 PM
Ben- I guess those are ok if you like that sort of thing.
Seriously, though, awesome stuff! Love the T3 Cobb

iowadoc77
06-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Ok, going to resurrect this thread as all the PWCC BS is overwhelming.
I am in Scottsdale for CE and went walking through an incredible line of exotic car dealerships and it was quite fun to see McLarens Porsche’s, Aston martins, Ferrari’s, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, etc.
it is true that it is a dry heat here. 100 degrees with a breeze and not really that bad.
Holy Crap people spend some coin on cars!

Chicosbailbonds
06-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Where at on Lake Michigan? I spent some time in Holland and have done a triathlon in Racine that had the swim portion in Lake Michigan.

These stories are all great. Thanks everyone for sharing.

Warren Dunes, at the bottom of the state. I go to Holland/Zeeland quite a bit.

iowadoc77
06-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Warren Dunes, at the bottom of the state. I go to Holland/Zeeland quite a bit.

The dunes are great!