PDA

View Full Version : PGA Championship

CMIZ5290
05-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Brooks Koepka is 12 under after two rounds at Bethpage Black for the PGA Championship....Are you kidding me?

mq711
05-17-2019, 04:56 PM
He is like a machine, lord help the field if his putter stays hot.

Goudey77
05-17-2019, 06:10 PM
Koepka is the Rodney Dangerfield of golf. No respect

CMIZ5290
05-17-2019, 06:34 PM
Here is his resume in the last 8 Majors.....4 wins, and 1 runner up at this years Masters....If he wins this PGA, he would have won back to back U.S. Opens, and back to back PGA's....That's even beyond Tiger Woods in the day....Having said that, I'm not fond of his attitude and remarks to the media....He's a cocky MF.....

Peter_Spaeth
05-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Woods is 17 shots back. Yikes. Oh now I see he didn't make the cut even.

wondo
05-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Tiger played terrible today. I thought he looked wiped out, too. Now he has the weekend to rest up. I’m a big Tiger fan, but this was ugly.

Sean
05-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Tiger didn't play a tournament between the Masters and the US Open. No wonder he doesn't look sharp.

MrPosadas
05-17-2019, 08:49 PM
Brooks is an animal. If he takes the PGA Championship that translates to winning half of the majors from the last two years. Doesn’t get the respect he deserves.

frankbmd
05-17-2019, 08:52 PM
Tiger is the Pujols of golf now. Still can hit a home run with an exemplary career record, but

Koepka is the Trout now in his prime with an outstanding future ahead of him.

Edited for Sam.:D

mechanicalman
05-17-2019, 09:16 PM
Tiger is the Pujols of golf now.

Koepka is the Trout.

Not accurate, but nice try.

pokerplyr80
05-17-2019, 09:24 PM
Did anyone else see Koepka's quote before this tournament about how easy majors are to win compared to regular tournaments? I think it makes his performance stand out even more. The other guys had to be gunning for him after he basically said at least half the field can't win and half of those who can will choke and won't be a factor.

Peter_Spaeth
05-17-2019, 09:32 PM
The dude definitely has a 'tude. I have mixed feelings about it, I guess. On the one hand it's refreshing to see a trash talking golfer who can back it up, I mean hell it's just a sport why not everyone else is doing it. On the other hand, there is something appealing about golf being above all that.

Throttlesteer
05-17-2019, 10:00 PM
What's golf?

clydepepper
05-17-2019, 10:09 PM
What's golf?

Well, I know what it isn't:

It isn't Pre-War Baseball

sando69
05-17-2019, 10:27 PM
since we're already ot…

my putter's hot, too [lol] ;)
and, I can't play a lick of golf :eek:

CMIZ5290
05-18-2019, 03:45 PM
The dude definitely has a 'tude. I have mixed feelings about it, I guess. On the one hand it's refreshing to see a trash talking golfer who can back it up, I mean hell it's just a sport why not everyone else is doing it. On the other hand, there is something appealing about golf being above all that.

+1....This guy says at the presser after Friday's round that he didn't hit the ball that well after the first 2 rounds....Really? 63 and 65 at Bethpage Black and you didn't hit the ball that well? This is what I don't like about this guy.....He is obviously a machine in the last few years at Majors, but does anyone know how many tour events he has won outside of Majors in his career? I may be wrong, but I think it is only one....

Peter_Spaeth
05-18-2019, 05:04 PM
He'll take a 7 shot lead into tomorrow's final round. The odds of anyone catching him must be pretty long.

frankbmd
05-18-2019, 05:05 PM
+1....This guy says at the presser after Friday's round that he didn't hit the ball that well after the first 2 rounds....Really? 63 and 65 at Bethpage Black and you didn't hit the ball that well? This is what I don't like about this guy.....He is obviously a machine in the last few years at Majors, but does anyone know how many tour events he has won outside of Majors in his career? I may be wrong, but I think it is only one....

So he sucks because he has only won four majors recently and never the Greater Greensboro Open. C'mon man.

CMIZ5290
05-18-2019, 05:15 PM
So he sucks because he has only won four majors recently and never the Greater Greensboro Open. C'mon man.

Didn't say he sucks Frank, just that he is a huge asshole....I started this thread because of his talents and success in recent Majors....By the way, his PGA win was in 2015, Phoenix Open.....He is obviously in the heads of other players, all I'm saying is he could be a tad more humble.....

frankbmd
05-18-2019, 05:35 PM
Janewattananond turned pro at 15 and is currently tied for second.

Any Jazz lovers out there?

clydepepper
05-18-2019, 06:37 PM

All hail B.B. King

since we've brought golf into a pre-war baseball thread...why not branch further out...

(Kevin- you know I'm just messin' with ya, right?)

pokerplyr80
05-18-2019, 09:28 PM

I believe he actually said something like he didn't hit the ball as well on Friday as he did Thursday but he made some nice saves and putts and still scored well. So he was personally more pleased with his round Friday for the low score without his best stuff.

It reminded me of the post round interviews Tiger gave in his prime.

Peter_Spaeth
05-18-2019, 09:37 PM
What's up with my namesake Jordan :D he's really fallen way down in the rankings.

Bored5000
05-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Here is his resume in the last 8 Majors.....4 wins, and 1 runner up at this years Masters....If he wins this PGA, he would have won back to back U.S. Opens, and back to back PGA's....That's even beyond Tiger Woods in the day....

No, it's not. Woods won four majors in a row (the "Tiger Slam") in 2000-01 and five of six.

1999 PGA; Won
2000 Masters: Fifth
2000 U.S. Open: Won
2000 British Open: Won
2000 PGA: Won
2001 Masters: Won

GoldenAge50s
05-19-2019, 02:56 AM
I believe what Kevin means is that to win 2 Opens & 2 PGA's ( or ANY 2 Majors) back-to-back has NEVER been done before by ANYONE, including Tiger.

Koepka is beginning to look like a machine to me, altho his finish Sat looked more human. I'm like several of you--I can't believe his game, but his attitude is a bit haughty!

dabigyankeeman
05-19-2019, 07:38 AM
Koepka is just playing in a different world from the rest of the field at this tournament. This is a tough course that can't really be appreciated on tv as to how big, deep, etc. the traps are and so on, yet he is taming it. Doenst look like he can be stopped now with one round to go.

I am really enjoying watching this though as I played this course a lot in the 1960's with my dad when we lived on Long Island. Five really nice courses at Bethpage, we played them all, and of course the Black was always a special treat to play.

Peter_Spaeth
05-19-2019, 08:17 AM

I prefer Barn Rats.

frankbmd
05-19-2019, 10:51 AM
I prefer Barn Rats.

A jump ball in Bangkok is called a thai.

Peter_Spaeth
05-19-2019, 01:44 PM
A jump ball in Bangkok is called a thai.

How you Babilon(ia)

Promethius88
05-19-2019, 02:27 PM
All hail B.B. King

since we've brought golf into a pre-war baseball thread...why not branch further out...

(Kevin- you know I'm just messin' with ya, right?)

My God, I got my hand slapped when I posted a post war card on here once. It's total anarchy now!!!

Just to keep in "legal", here are my Foxxes just back from PSA.

Peter_Spaeth
05-19-2019, 06:02 PM
Weak final round, ouch. Dropped 5 strokes but I guess when you're up 7 you can afford a bad round.

RCMcKenzie
05-19-2019, 06:08 PM
He needs to keep going. Right now he's a better Andy North. I hope he keeps winning.

CMIZ5290
05-21-2019, 04:18 PM
I believe what Kevin means is that to win 2 Opens & 2 PGA's ( or ANY 2 Majors) back-to-back has NEVER been done before by ANYONE, including Tiger.

Koepka is beginning to look like a machine to me, altho his finish Sat looked more human. I'm like several of you--I can't believe his game, but his attitude is a bit haughty!

+1....Well said Fred, exactly right....He's from my school, FSU, but I wished he handled his pressers better....

Santo10Fan
05-21-2019, 04:32 PM
Didn't say he sucks Frank, just that he is a huge asshole....I started this thread because of his talents and success in recent Majors....By the way, his PGA win was in 2015, Phoenix Open.....He is obviously in the heads of other players, all I'm saying is he could be a tad more humble.....I second the asshole assertion, snubbing the beautiful woman, Jena Sims, who's there supporting him was straight DICK move.

CMIZ5290
05-21-2019, 05:26 PM
I have a good friend that is very up on the PGA scene, he's actually friends with a few of them, and he has always said that Koepka is a complete dick....Having said that, a lot of these players are...Most of them are spoiled rotten as kids,and they start playing golf when their 4 years old. Koepka should relish these accomplishments and stop trying to play mind games with everybody....Odds are, he will ultimately take a hard fall. Be humble man and enjoy it while you have it!

frankbmd
05-21-2019, 06:05 PM
I have a good friend that is very up on the PGA scene, he's actually friends with a few of them, and he has always said that Koepka is a complete dick....Having said that, a lot of these players are...Most of them are spoiled rotten as kids,and they start playing golf when their 4 years old. Koepka should relish these accomplishments and stop trying to play mind games with everybody....Odds are, he will ultimately take a hard fall. Be humble man and enjoy it while you have it!

I have heard and agree that many if not a majority of the touring pros are dicks. But as far as I am concerned, I enjoy the game and could care less about who is biggest dick. Sosa, Bonds and McGwire are all in the same boat. Size doesn’t matter. Tiger had a big fall from grace as well and is now adored and idolized by many of his fans, old and new. Sports fans tend to ignore dickdom if their favorite player is winning. History isn’t always so kind.