PDA

View Full Version : Baseball life of Francisco Fernandez- Cuban Semi Pro in 1940’s

Jason19th
05-05-2019, 12:08 PM
I know that this is more properly on the memorabilia section but I wanted to get to a slightly larger audience for this post and I hope no one has to much issue with the placement . I recently picked up what is best described as a short baseball autobiography by a Cuban player named Francisco Fernandez. The note book outlines his start with a integrated club team -Deportivio Beunavista -to his time with the high level Fortuna and Artemisa teams in the high level amateur league in the 1940’s. The book which is written out long hand in a beautiful script and is full of original photos, names teammates and indicated his first games in certain leagues and stadiums. I am still in process of further research but want to post the memories of a player that may be forgotten. If any of the names in the photos ring a bell I would love to hear addition info- note the Héctor Rodriquez is not the player that played short stop for the cubs in 1952

If anyone can increase the image size I would be very thankful

swarmee
05-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Is it Francisco or Fransico? In order to increase the size of the pages, you'd have to scan them and upload them somewhere else first, like imgur or Facebook and them use the yellow mountain icon above the text box to page the URLs for the images.