PDA

View Full Version : Raw T206s?

vintagebaseballcardguy
05-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Where are they hiding?! I ask because I have been reading old threads about player/back runs, and I have been blown away by what I see. Much of the time, the runs I drooled over were raw, and they weren't always commons either, stars like Lajoie were sometimes involved.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sandmountainslim
05-01-2019, 05:58 PM
53 of them are right here in my lap LOL. My entire small collection is ungraded and unslabbed. That's how I buy them

vintagebaseballcardguy
05-01-2019, 06:08 PM
53 of them are right here in my lap LOL. My entire small collection is ungraded and unslabbed. That's how I buy themSo, I am weird in that I currently own zero T206s, but I have been hovering around the set buying a few HOFers from other sets from the period. However, I am considering playing around with the Hal Chase portrait cards and their backs...especially the pink portrait. The blue is nice, too. There's just something about those cards IMHO. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if most of them were raw, if I had a reliable safe source from which to buy raw T206s.

sandmountainslim
05-01-2019, 06:43 PM
So, I am weird in that I currently own zero T206s, but I have been hovering around the set buying a few HOFers from other sets from the period. However, I am considering playing around with the Hal Chase portrait cards and their backs...especially the pink portrait. The blue is nice, too. There's just something about those cards IMHO. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if most of them were raw, if I had a reliable safe source from which to buy raw T206s.

I have bought them on eBay and also here from fellow forum members. One good thing about the set is once you learn them it is fairly easy to determine authenticity

Mungo Hungo
05-01-2019, 07:04 PM
So, I am weird in that I currently own zero T206s, but I have been hovering around the set buying a few HOFers from other sets from the period. However, I am considering playing around with the Hal Chase portrait cards and their backs...especially the pink portrait. The blue is nice, too. There's just something about those cards IMHO. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if most of them were raw, if I had a reliable safe source from which to buy raw T206s.

I have only one, bought for $2 from an ad in TV Guide 40 years ago.

At the time, it never occurred to me, or the sellers, apparently, that the type of back could make the card more or less valuable. Turns out that it was a Hindu back (Tommy Leach front), which I gather is hard to find. Had they known, they might have charged me $2.50.

Leon
05-05-2019, 05:16 PM
I think over time I have had more raw than graded T206s.