PDA

View Full Version : COMC Make an Offer Feature

Scott L.
05-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Went to use it for the first time the other day. It was on a $2400 card that I wanted to offer $2200. You have to buy COMC credit for the amount of your offer in order to make it. You can get a refund within 30 days but it appears that it's a 10% penalty to do so. I'll never spend 2k+ on that website and no way in hell am I paying a penalty to get my $ back. So if you buy the credit and you can't come to an agreement on the card you're stuck. And they obviously make it so that there's no way to contact the owner and get around the process.

No real point other than to say it's annoying and that the B/S/T boards here are really the best way to buy cards. No BP's/fees and honest people who aren't out to scam you like that poor guy with the 52 Mathews.

Peter_Spaeth
05-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Went to use it for the first time the other day. It was on a $2400 card that I wanted to offer $2200. You have to buy COMC credit for the amount of your offer in order to make it. You can get a refund within 30 days but it appears that it's a 10% penalty to do so. I'll never spend 2k+ on that website and no way in hell am I paying a penalty to get my $ back. So if you buy the credit and you can't come to an agreement on the card you're stuck. And they obviously make it so that there's no way to contact the owner and get around the process.

No real point other than to say it's annoying and that the B/S/T boards here are really the best way to buy cards. No BP's/fees and honest people who aren't out to scam you like that poor guy with the 52 Mathews.

No penalty through paypal, I just did it myself, refund took about 5 days. Bad process, but not as bad as you describe.

swarmee
05-01-2019, 03:40 PM
A refund does not have any penalty within 30 days; just send them an email and they'll reimburse you. 10% is the standard cashout fee for store credit.

Scott L.
05-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys for the clarification. My fault. I'm still a little wary of going through the process with that much money but as you say not as bad as I originally believed.

Thanks again!

swarmee
05-01-2019, 03:58 PM
As a seller, it's great. Don't have to worry about a deadbeat bidder.
I'm surprised your offer was not accepted. Did the seller have offers enabled? Next time if you just send a $5 offer, it will tell you the minimum the seller will even consider. Minimum real offer has to exceed 50% of the original price, so most cards I just put on my watch list and wait for the seller to run a sale promotion. Big sale coming up in 5 days...

Peter_Spaeth
05-01-2019, 04:20 PM
As a seller, it's great. Don't have to worry about a deadbeat bidder.
I'm surprised your offer was not accepted. Did the seller have offers enabled? Next time if you just send a $5 offer, it will tell you the minimum the seller will even consider. Minimum real offer has to exceed 50% of the original price, so most cards I just put on my watch list and wait for the seller to run a sale promotion. Big sale coming up in 5 days...

I would guess the system deters a lot of people from making offers. I might not do it again.

buymycards
05-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Many of the sellers don't take offers. Most of the sales are fake sales. They list a $20 card for $50 and have a "sale" that brings the price down to $35 with no offers accepted.

swarmee
05-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Also, many of the sellers have the same username at Blowout forums, so you can look over there and see if the seller is there and is willing to negotiate. There is also a "cross-reference" thread in their COMC section that you can find more COMC sellers in.

Agreed that many sales are of previously overpriced cards, but the sheer volume of sellers next week (usually 2000+ sales ongoing) mean there are plenty of very underpriced cards.