PDA

View Full Version : 1934 Exhibits Ruth....mega trimmed

sandmountainslim
04-29-2019, 06:55 PM
A buddy of mine was liquidating some of his cards and I talked him out of this partial card he has had for a couple years.
it's 1/4 of a cool card but at the price I can't complain. Probably too far gone to ever get slabbed authentic but I'm glad to have it in my collection. It's not a lot worse than some of my t206 cards LOL

Chris Counts
04-29-2019, 07:10 PM
I'm a big fan of Exhibit 4-in-1 "singles." Here are a few of my favorites ...

sandmountainslim
04-29-2019, 07:20 PM
I'm a big fan of Exhibit 4-in-1 "singles." Here are a few of my favorites ...
NICE! Love the Gehrig and Gehringer. I guess getting cut up was a fate several of them met :(

sandmountainslim
04-30-2019, 08:31 AM
You know it would almost be like putting a set together to try to locate the missing three pieces of this card

sandmountainslim
05-02-2019, 07:59 PM
I have heard PSA will slab the cut '34 Exhibits. My question is would it be worth the money/effort?

Chris Counts
05-02-2019, 11:29 PM
I suspect it would be worth the effort for the resale of a Ruth, a Gehrig or a Dimaggio. End pieces of a T202 Cobb can sell for a couple hundred each unslabbed. I don't like slabs myself, but they increase the number of potential buyers. Somebody is going to go on eBay and see what kind of Ruth card from his playing days they can buy for $500, and that Exhibit Ruth "single" in a slab is going to look pretty good in comparison. A much less attractive and far more common strip card from the 1920s can sell for that much. I'm not saying your Ruth will sell for that much, but you never know with the crazy auction prices we've had lately.

NiceDocter
05-03-2019, 12:30 AM
Not to complain to the Exhibit people but couldnt they have found a better picture of Ruth to use for his card? Thats one only an ENT doctor could love!

sandmountainslim
05-03-2019, 05:51 AM
Not to complain to the Exhibit people but couldnt they have found a better picture of Ruth to use for his card? Thats one only an ENT doctor could love!

They were reusing one of their old card images for a third time only cropped but I agree TOO MUCH NOSTRIL!

bbcard1
05-03-2019, 06:21 AM
I actually prefer the 4 on 1 exhibits and the Double Plays as singles from a purely aesthic point. I have not had any luck finding the exhibits at a tolerable price very often.

packs
05-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Is anyone really sure the 4 in 1's weren't supposed to be cut up? All strip cards came in strips of multiple cards and we've simply accepted that cut off individual cards are the intended end product.

Phil Arem
05-03-2019, 11:01 AM
I have an end panel of Cy Young from a t202. Does that have any value/interest?
thanks
Phil

sandmountainslim
05-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Is anyone really sure the 4 in 1's weren't supposed to be cut up? All strip cards came in strips of multiple cards and we've simply accepted that cut off individual cards are the intended end product.
I have always said that about the Hassan Triple Folders. To me they look like three cards.

Chris Counts
05-03-2019, 11:16 AM
"I have an end panel of Cy Young from a t202. Does that have any value/interest?"

I recently picked up four T202 end panel HOFers for a total of about $50, but I considered myself very lucky. Like I mentioned, a couple Cobb pices have sold recently in the $200-$250 range. I'm guessing if the the Cy Young is in nice shape and presentable, it could sell for about half that. I would certainly be interested.

sandmountainslim
05-03-2019, 11:17 AM
I have an end panel of Cy Young from a t202. Does that have any value/interest?
thanks
Phil
Absolutely! I'm sure it would sell in a heartbeat if you ever put it up.

Leon
05-06-2019, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't have a problem if it was slabbed as exactly what it is.

AUT One part of a four in one Exhibit. Nice card.

A buddy of mine was liquidating some of his cards and I talked him out of this partial card he has had for a couple years.
it's 1/4 of a cool card but at the price I can't complain. Probably too far gone to ever get slabbed authentic but I'm glad to have it in my collection. It's not a lot worse than some of my t206 cards LOL

Phil Arem
05-06-2019, 04:16 PM
I will have to locate it. I believe it’s in nice condition.

sandmountainslim
05-06-2019, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't have a problem if it was slabbed as exactly what it is.

AUT One part of a four in one Exhibit. Nice card.
Thanks Leon! I may try to get it slabbed auth some day but I'm digging it in a Toploader right now. It has became one of my favorite cards in a short amount of time. It's my only pre war Ruth unless you count an 8X10 Quaker premium.