PDA

View Full Version : Fake autographs and companies that put stickers certifying them

rdwyer
04-25-2019, 09:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1kKGHxVhA

Buythatcard
04-26-2019, 07:46 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Just watched part 1 about the fake autographs. A must watch for anyone who purchases autographs. I would never purchase an autograph unless I see it get signed myself.

Republicaninmass
04-26-2019, 08:13 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Just watched part 1 about the fake autographs. A must watch for anyone who purchases autographs. I would never purchase an autograph unless I see it get signed myself.

Good to know, but probably limiting the scope youd be able to collect.

calvindog
04-26-2019, 12:58 PM
Does JSA manage to make its way into every one of these fraud videos?

rdwyer
04-26-2019, 01:19 PM
Dunno, but JSA caught my eye in this video. I didn't like their response back.

Throttlesteer
04-26-2019, 02:24 PM
The biggest gap in authentication right now is having the show authentication company tagging items off to the side of the signers. For example, you could have Willie Mays legitimately autograph a single item after standing in line. But, then have 2 or 3 fakes with you and get holograms attached to all. Even if they include an authentication ticket with each signature purchase, you could always swap for a forged copy. Then, authenticate the real one later.

Nothing is safe anymore unless you obtained the signature in person.

rdwyer
04-26-2019, 04:40 PM
The first segment is Auto Fraud, the second is Ticket fraud, and the third is about Jersey fraud. Well worth to watch all three. Start the video from the beginning to watch all three.

todeen
04-26-2019, 07:52 PM
80% of all on-line autographs are fake! What an astounding number. I can't believe how easy it was to get those fake hockey autos authenticated at the sports show. I have enjoyed over the last decade that some players have attempted their own authentication procedures - like Stan Musial, Willie Mays, Yogi Berra. Its a crap-shoot on ebay.

Hxcmilkshake
04-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Wow. 17 for 17 ! Crazy stuff

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk