PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help identifying postcard

Peter_Spaeth
04-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Any information or thoughts appreciated, thanks.

Leon
04-19-2019, 04:51 PM
There are millions of those kinds of rppc's. If it is nothing more than a young ball team then it's value is minimal, maybe $5-$15..... But if there is something extraordinary then the value will go up accordingly. It is near impossible to identify most of them very much.
Content is usually directly proportional to value and young teams like that are very common. The one you have has great focus to it.
Here is a recent rppc with nice content and focus.

http://luckeycards.com/wagon.jpg

frankbmd
04-19-2019, 05:14 PM
I think the hair curls on the forehead which four of them seem to have is the clue, but I have no clue what the clue means. Certainly it seems like a fad, which could be regional, or just related to a poor barber.

Leon
04-22-2019, 04:15 PM
I will give you one friendly bump to the top to see if anyone has seen a rppc like this or knows anything. But I think the chances are super slim. Good luck in the quest.

Any information or thoughts appreciated, thanks.

prestigecollectibles
04-22-2019, 04:35 PM
According to this site Velox with Diamonds in corners should date between 1907-1914
https://www.playle.com/realphoto/<p><p>

2dueces
04-22-2019, 07:09 PM
Leon, Values gone up a bit. Maybe $15-25 if it’s clean and a nice image. I have 50 or so unknown town teams, factory or just plain bunch of guys posing after a game. I love them. It’s a piece of town baseball history frozen in time. Every once in awhile I can track a future minor leaguer or major leaguer if I have a few clues. That’s a nice one posted above.

Leon
04-23-2019, 07:27 AM
You are probably right, Joe. It is a really nice one and I could see $25 on it. As you know it is all about the content when speaking value (at least it seems that way to me.) Here is a Fat Ladies team rppc...

Leon, Values gone up a bit. Maybe $15-25 if it’s clean and a nice image. I have 50 or so unknown town teams, factory or just plain bunch of guys posing after a game. I love them. It’s a piece of town baseball history frozen in time. Every once in awhile I can track a future minor leaguer or major leaguer if I have a few clues. That’s a nice one posted above.