PDA

View Full Version : Joey Votto - Incredible streak for common play!

h2oya311
04-18-2019, 09:45 AM
I personally think this is front-page worthy. What a remarkable stat and even more remarkable is Votto's bat control!

https://sports.yahoo.com/joey-votto-did-something-for-the-first-time-in-6828-plate-appearances-222940633.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

MVSNYC
04-18-2019, 12:19 PM
He's a great ballplayer.

ullmandds
04-18-2019, 12:26 PM
i DID NOT think this was terrible newsworthy. Certainly not jaw dropping!!!!!

RedsFan1941
04-18-2019, 12:38 PM
more important, how much does votto charge for shipping? what’s his bidding history on eBay? what does he think of PSA? Sgc? Mickey Mantle?

Stampsfan
04-18-2019, 12:49 PM
more important, how much does votto charge for shipping? what’s his bidding history on eBay? what does he think of PSA? Sgc? Mickey Mantle?

He's a Canadian. He says nice things about everything and everyone.

nolemmings
04-18-2019, 01:01 PM
i DID NOT think this was terrible newsworthy. Certainly not jaw dropping!!!!!

I don't know about that. And hitting only 8 infield pop-ups in 9+ seasons is pretty remarkable.

ullmandds
04-18-2019, 05:15 PM
I don't know about that. And hitting only 8 infield pop-ups in 9+ seasons is pretty remarkable.

the 8 infield popups is impressive...I just think the popup to position is kinda silly!

Leon
04-22-2019, 04:46 PM
First time pop up to his position, 1st base, in over 8600 ABs? I think that is a fairly great stat. It is wonderful the world has both chocolate and vanilla or Cracker Jacks and Curtis Irelands......

the 8 infield popups is impressive...I just think the popup to position is kinda silly!

Tabe
04-22-2019, 05:50 PM
In a similar vein, Joey Gallo just ended his streak of no sacrifice flies at 1300+ PAs. Since the sac flies became official in 1954, this was the longest-ever streak. Pretty remarkable for a guy, when he DOES make contact, usually hits the ball in the air.

clydepepper
04-22-2019, 07:44 PM
I am lucky enough, if you want to call it that, to have both Votto and Gallo on my Net54 Fantasy team.

At least the end of Gallo's statistical anomaly actually helped

-But not much

mired in 13th place - out of 14. UGH!

frankbmd
04-22-2019, 07:46 PM
I wish I only had 8 pop ups on my computer in a week. Now that would be a newsworthy record.:D

Tabe
04-23-2019, 05:42 PM
I am lucky enough, if you want to call it that, to have both Votto and Gallo on my Net54 Fantasy team.

At least the end of Gallo's statistical anomaly actually helped

-But not much

mired in 13th place - out of 14. UGH!
LOL. It's still early!

Joey Gallo will always be OK with me. He played here in Spokane for a brief time as a teenager. He got called up to Spokane after hitting 18 homers in 43 games in rookie ball. He was just 18 at the time, freshly drafted. Anyway, one night, he hit a ridiculous home run over the light pole in right field. Waaaaay over. And waaaaay past it. It's about 330' to that part of the park. Been going to games for 20 years, seen all kinds of future stars and superstars, never seen anything even remotely close to that home run.

clydepepper
04-23-2019, 06:50 PM
LOL. It's still early!

Joey Gallo will always be OK with me. He played here in Spokane for a brief time as a teenager. He got called up to Spokane after hitting 18 homers in 43 games in rookie ball. He was just 18 at the time, freshly drafted. Anyway, one night, he hit a ridiculous home run over the light pole in right field. Waaaaay over. And waaaaay past it. It's about 330' to that part of the park. Been going to games for 20 years, seen all kinds of future stars and superstars, never seen anything even remotely close to that home run.

I have heard of that homer before...the stuff of legends.

Gallo is hitting better this year - maybe I won't be stuck with all those RCs after all.

But, what do I know: I just added Chris Davis (who is 9-for-24 in last 8 games*) - looking for that lightning in a bottle again.

*- through 5th inning Tuesday night

todeen
04-23-2019, 09:55 PM
Joey Gallo will always be OK with me. He played here in Spokane for a brief time as a teenager.

Shout out to Spokane! Living it up down here in Walla Walla. I've gone to "some" games at Avista Stadium, and I have seen two awesome things:
1) Recycle Man
2) Scoreboard attendant who obviously didn't know the joke about Mike Hunt, and put the name on the scoreboard for a birthday wish.

Tabe
04-23-2019, 11:34 PM
Shout out to Spokane! Living it up down here in Walla Walla. I've gone to "some" games at Avista Stadium, and I have seen two awesome things:
1) Recycle Man
2) Scoreboard attendant who obviously didn't know the joke about Mike Hunt, and put the name on the scoreboard for a birthday wish.

LOL.

Am friends with Recycle Man. Super, super nice guy.

irv
04-24-2019, 12:01 AM

Uhm, not always.

"Cincinnati Reds star Joey Votto apologized for his comments belittling fellow Canadian James Paxton's accomplishment of throwing a no-hitter in Toronto, writing that his remarks "came out of a side of jealousy."

Joey Votto apologizes for saying ‘I don’t care almost at all about Canadian baseball’

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/joey-votto-apologizes-remarks-ripping-canadian-baseball/

frankbmd
04-24-2019, 03:56 AM

Uhm, not always.

"Cincinnati Reds star Joey Votto apologized for his comments belittling fellow Canadian James Paxton's accomplishment of throwing a no-hitter in Toronto, writing that his remarks "came out of a side of jealousy."

Joey Votto apologizes for saying ‘I don’t care almost at all about Canadian baseball’

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/joey-votto-apologizes-remarks-ripping-canadian-baseball/

Bob, sooner or later there was bound to be another (negative) pop-up for Joey.:D