PDA

View Full Version : Safe Haven auctions starting tomorrow

robkas68
04-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Last year I noticed a post from Bill Latzko about fulfilling his lifetime dream of starting a shelter to prevent dogs in Georgia from being put down. Bill works countless hours to find permanent homes for these dogs.

Around the same time, I came to the determination that as much as I love collecting, I just had too much stuff (my wife helped me come to that determination). Since I am a collector rather than a dealer, I have just a basic ebay store that I use to sell off doubles when I upgrade cards. Consequently, I got the idea to auction off some of my excess stuff on net54 for the benefit of Bill’s project, Safe Haven Furever. I did not even know Bill when I began holding the auctions. However, thanks to the generosity of the members of net54 we have managed to save a few dogs.

A few weeks ago Bill contacted me for a favor. Since he is very busy with the Safe Haven, he asked if I would assist him in liquidating the remaining cards in his collection for the benefit of the shelter. I quickly agreed. Beginning tomorrow and continuing for the next couple months, I will post some of Bill’s cards to benefit the Safe Haven. There are no Mantle rookies or other big ticket items, but there are a few neat things and they will benefit a good cause.

Rob

Leon
04-15-2019, 11:52 AM
This is awesome of Bill to do. We can make sure he gets some exposure and bids for the doggies. It is a great cause.
Last year I noticed a post from Bill Latzko about fulfilling his lifetime dream of starting a shelter to prevent dogs in Georgia from being put down. Bill works countless hours to find permanent homes for these dogs.

Around the same time, I came to the determination that as much as I love collecting, I just had too much stuff (my wife helped me come to that determination). Since I am a collector rather than a dealer, I have just a basic ebay store that I use to sell off doubles when I upgrade cards. Consequently, I got the idea to auction off some of my excess stuff on net54 for the benefit of Bill’s project, Safe Haven Furever. I did not even know Bill when I began holding the auctions. However, thanks to the generosity of the members of net54 we have managed to save a few dogs.

A few weeks ago Bill contacted me for a favor. Since he is very busy with the Safe Haven, he asked if I would assist him in liquidating the remaining cards in his collection for the benefit of the shelter. I quickly agreed. Beginning tomorrow and continuing for the next couple months, I will post some of Bill’s cards to benefit the Safe Haven. There are no Mantle rookies or other big ticket items, but there are a few neat things and they will benefit a good cause.

Rob

vintagetoppsguy
04-15-2019, 12:01 PM
That's awesome! Great cause!

For clarification, will the cards be listed here in the Live Auctions or in your eBay store? If eBay, can you provide a link to your items? Thanks!

robkas68
04-22-2019, 05:52 AM
Big thank you to Bob Donaldson. Bob has been a frequent winner of the Safe Haven auctions and often overpays for the cards he gets. I’m a lawyer so my chances to get into Heaven are iffy at best, but Bob is responsible for saving at least half a dozen of God’s creatures so he is in the express line.

Another auction coming.

Rob

Leon
04-22-2019, 06:49 AM
Looking forward to the auction and saving more doggies.

I am treasurer for Safe Haven Furever but Bill does all of the work and saves the doggies. I couldn't be happier than having the forum help.

On a side note this sweetest, kindest, happiest, doggie was 1.5 hours from being (put down) killed, due to overcrowding at a the Garland Animal shelter here in Texas. I picked him up about 4 months ago and 2 weeks ago got him to Minnesota where they need more doggies (apparently). Now this is him in his new digs and one of his new owners...

mmcgruff
04-22-2019, 07:35 AM
Coming from a lifetime dog lover and a long time collector I have to say “Bravo to you guys for doing this”! I can’t tell you enough how much I love this!:)

rjackson44
04-22-2019, 08:59 AM
terrific picture leon

forazzurri2axz
04-24-2019, 03:22 PM
and great pic Leon--I have 2 special stories with pics coming that will make you cry good tears. Will be picking these since they are out of the ordinary compared to the frequent "normal" stories . Will get to you this weekend to post for everyone...Bill