PDA

View Full Version : New SGC Population Report

Throttlesteer
04-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Is it me, or has this been "coming" for quite a while now? I'm not certain how they're going to make sense of the mess they currently have on their site. Do they have enough information to merge duplicates series and back variations?

I'm not trying to pan SGC, but it seems like they've been working on this for a while.

realbigfatdog
04-12-2019, 10:18 AM
I completely agree. And I love SGC, dont get me wrong. I give them ALL of my grading business. But this "coming soon" stuff has been taking forever. Will we ever see these new pop reports, etc?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pokerplyr80
04-12-2019, 12:36 PM
I have never successfully pulled up an SGC population report. I have tried a couple of times but found the site very difficult to navigate.

darwinbulldog
04-12-2019, 12:43 PM
I have never successfully pulled up an SGC population report. I have tried a couple of times but found the site very difficult to navigate.

I swear I pulled up an SGC population report one time, and it was [spreads arms five feet apart] THIS BIG!

Gobucsmagic74
04-12-2019, 01:29 PM
I just left the SGC office and Dave said the registry and population reports are coming soon. 😉

Republicaninmass
04-12-2019, 01:44 PM
I just left the SGC office and Dave said the registry and population reports are coming soon. 😉

So is Christmas, but I aint sitting here holding my breath

Throttlesteer
04-12-2019, 02:26 PM
So is Christmas, but I aint sitting here holding my breath

They'll be ready by Christmas, but I'm just not sure which year.

felada
04-12-2019, 02:49 PM

Maybe check back Monday when the office opens.

steve B
04-12-2019, 07:32 PM
The old one was hard to navigate at first, but aside from a few oddities that just had to be typos, wasn't horrible. The "improved" one they came out with was simply awful.
I'm not holding out much hope for the new new one. Especially if it doesn't include the previous cards.

Peter_Spaeth
04-12-2019, 09:11 PM
The old one was hard to navigate at first, but aside from a few oddities that just had to be typos, wasn't horrible. The "improved" one they came out with was simply awful.
I'm not holding out much hope for the new new one. Especially if it doesn't include the previous cards.

It's not going to include cards graded prior to last year??

buymycards
04-13-2019, 08:17 AM
The old pop report is working fine. There have always been some problems with the info within the pop report, such as this:

1916 Weil Baking Co. (D328)
1916 Weil Baking Co. (D329)
1917 Weil Baking Co. (D328)

and this:

1910 Coupon Cigarettes
1910-19 Coupon Cigarettes
1914 Coupon Cigarettes
1919 Coupon Cigarettes

and the pop report for T213-2's is listed by first names for some, and then by last names for some, and then quite a few are listed solely by subtitle, such as "batting" or "both hands", or by team name.

steve B
04-14-2019, 09:01 PM
It's not going to include cards graded prior to last year??

That's how I understood some comments made here. That the now pop report will be the pop report, and the old one will either be gone (or hopefully saved as-is. )

It's one of those rare circumstances where I'd be happy to have misunderstood, or have the info be just plain wrong.