PDA

View Full Version : T205 Broadleaf- 2 colors?

Mozzie22
04-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Does anyone have a high res scan of a BROADLEAF back with both green and back variations for the T205 set? Can one player have both colors? Is the green back obviously green or does it look like a faded black? Thanks for the help.

sb1
04-11-2019, 03:34 PM
I guess I don't have a black one to post side by side of the green anymore, but the green is an olive green and fairly discernable from the black. In fact it appears to be the same green as the Hassan back and there may or may not be a player correlation between the two.

As to the second question, I don't know for certain but I suspect each player will only be found with one or the other and not both.

Green back posted.

RCMcKenzie
04-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Here's a Bridwell...

RCMcKenzie
04-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Here's Becker... I don't think you find both colors for one card front either, but not 100%...

It's also hard for me to see the color differences from the scans. It's easier to see in hand and with glasses and bright light.

brianp-beme
04-11-2019, 04:32 PM
According to the T205 Resource site (as of 2013, as the site is no longer available), Austin, Downey and Phelps were the only ones identified as having both Green and Black Broadleaf backs. It is possible of course that other players may have both Broadleaf backs as well...previously unknown backs I imagine are still being discovered.

Brian

brianp-beme
04-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Here is Zack Wheat with black Broadleaf back:

Brian

Leon
04-12-2019, 03:21 PM
I never really distinguished between them for my backs but I wasn't a master back collector when I did it. These are from the first collection.

http://luckeycards.com/pt205first.jpg

AddieJoss
04-13-2019, 11:55 AM
I am very confident there are 32 different Broadleafs. All players are either green or black but it can be challenging to distinguish the difference in the color, especially when the card is worn.

RCMcKenzie
04-13-2019, 12:22 PM
Cory, are you saying every bl back is found with both colors? Here's a better scan showing one blueish grey and one green...I'm asking because I have a few t205 back runs going.

brianp-beme
04-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Here is the list of verified Broadleaf backs according to the now defunct T205 Resource website:

Broadleaf Black:

Austin
Becker
Bell
Bergen
Blackburne
Bridwell
Brown
Chase - Two Ears
Downey
Evans
Graham - Rustlers
Hoblitzell - Cin. after 2nd in 1908 stats
Latham - A. Latham on back
Leach
Lobert
Moran - No stray line
Olmstead
Paskert
Phelps
Quinn
Shean - Rustlers
Stone
Wheat
Wolter

Broadleaf Green:

Austin
Becker (added because of RCMcKenzie's post on this thread)
Bates
Corridon
Downey
Lord
Phelps

I am just the guy typing the names (from their late 2012 listing). Quite possibly more have been identified/verified since then...newsflash update. Becker added to Green back list right now!

I did none of the research. I can verify the Wheat with black back. Heck, everyone can verify it, as it is pictured in this thread, thanks to me. I have some value beyond typing skills.

Brian

RCMcKenzie
04-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the list Brian. I wish they still had that T205 website or one like it. I have a green Becker, which would be an addition to the green list if I am reading it correctly. They have Becker in black already.

brianp-beme
04-13-2019, 01:09 PM
With the addition of the Becker to the known green back list, the lists in my previous post have a total of 31 cards (24 known with black backs, 7 known with Green). Cory mentioned 32 cards. Perhaps he knows of a known Broadleaf card not shown on the list?

Brian

RCMcKenzie
04-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Here is TedZ's list of 32 T205 bl in a thread from last year...

www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251093

I wonder if all 32 could potentially be found with green or black ink.

AddieJoss
04-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Does anyone have a BL Knight?

Forever Young
07-16-2019, 10:46 PM
I never really distinguished between them for my backs but I wasn't a master back collector when I did it. These are from the first collection.

http://luckeycards.com/pt205first.jpg

Anyone know where that Walter Hindu ended up? If someone here owns it and willing to part with it, i would be interested.

Ronnie73
07-17-2019, 05:34 AM
According to the T205 Resource site (as of 2013, as the site is no longer available), Austin, Downey and Phelps were the only ones identified as having both Green and Black Broadleaf backs. It is possible of course that other players may have both Broadleaf backs as well...previously unknown backs I imagine are still being discovered.

Brian

As far as I know, it's either Black or Green ink but not both. The cards that listed both were because the color was either difficult to determine or at the time, collectors thought theirs were all black ink because they thought the green ink ones would look like the Sovereign green.

Ronnie73
07-17-2019, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the list Brian. I wish they still had that T205 website or one like it. I have a green Becker, which would be an addition to the green list if I am reading it correctly. They have Becker in black already.

I'll work on getting the website back up.

cliftons8
07-17-2019, 05:01 PM
I sold a t205 Corridon black back on eBay about 6 weeks ago

Mike