PDA

View Full Version : Advice selling lots of 49B raw & graded extras

Bram99
04-07-2019, 02:26 PM
Looking for some advice. I have been pursuing the 1949B set for a couple of years now and trying to complete it. I finished the hybrid raw/graded set but now trying to get all PSA. First I started out raw, then I bought a bunch of graded of different TPG brands, and now I am about 75% complete in PSA (I caught the bug of the PSA registry fever a while back and from an OCD standpoint it would be nice to have in similar holders).

My question is about the doubles/triples/etc.

Now I have about 50+ graded cards averaging around a PSA 6 that are doubles (mostly commons), another 50-100 raw in VGEx or lower, and probably another 100 nicer raw ones including stars (Exmt or so).

I don't think I will go after for a second raw set, so any advice on the best way to clear out the extras and raise money to complete the rest of the set in PSA? I am looking for the nirvana situation - to get the most out of the cards for the least effort.

Options include:
1.) putting on Net54 BST,
2.) splitting them up and putting them with GM cards for the raw, and the graded to another auction house
3.) putting together some lots on eBay like the 50+ graded ones, the worse condition ones, etc.

Anyone have a good method to deal with this type of problem?

Tony

Tony

swarmee
04-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Ever heard of COMC? Perfect for this, and they reduced their commission structure at the beginning of the year.

Here's my thread on Blowout with the basics. Give me a call and I'll talk you through it, if you want to know anything else.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1211826

Bram99
04-07-2019, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the idea on COMC. I am personally reluctant to use them because of the transaction format I have dealt with in the past as buyer. Two things from a buyer's perspective made them different in a way that was not favorable to me. 1.) I had to deposit money with them in some uniform tranche of funds ($25 or $50 or $100) and whatever that amount was, it wasn't the amount I needed on a transaction. So there were leftover funds in the account for next time and that felt strange. The fulfillment aspect is also a little slower than a typical purchase. So I was a bit turned off by the transaction process.

In the end, it sounds like a really good solution for my lower grade commons - it would really serve to reduce the headache of packaging up the cards to many individual buyers. I may try it for that bunch. Thanks.

Leon
04-11-2019, 06:48 AM
Our BST is always a good first try. It is free and you can do whatever you want in setting minimum prices and anything else.

ToddW.
04-11-2019, 11:01 AM
If they are commons I agree BST or maybe COMC (although I don't like the buying format their either). If they are stars (and higher quality) auction or at least something like PWCC/GM might be better. At this point it seems like every PWCC auction is priced higher than any others for similar/the same cards (to the point where I avoid watch listing items unless it is something rare/very desirable to me).