PDA

View Full Version : Submitting to PSA for a reholder

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-06-2019, 06:02 PM
I never submit anything for grading and haven't been able to find the answer elsewhere. I am not a PSA Collector's Club member, but I bought a PSA graded card on Ebay that showed up with a crack on the back and an eyelash is also on the card's surface. The integrity of the card is not in question, but it is irritating. Can I submit this card for a reholder if I am not a member? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ngnichols
04-06-2019, 08:21 PM
I never submit anything for grading and haven't been able to find the answer elsewhere. I am not a PSA Collector's Club member, but I bought a PSA graded card on Ebay that showed up with a crack on the back and an eyelash is also on the card's surface. The integrity of the card is not in question, but it is irritating. Can I submit this card for a reholder if I am not a member? Thanks.

Yes, you can submit for a re-holder without having a PSA Membership. The membership is basically for getting the grading vouchers, bulk grading discounts for cards under $100 declared value, and some grading specials they do.

Costs for re-holders varies with declared value of the card in-question and the turnaround time you want/need.

https://www.psacard.com/fees/

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Yes, you can submit for a re-holder without having a PSA Membership. The membership is basically for getting the grading vouchers, bulk grading discounts for cards under $100 declared value, and some grading specials they do.

Costs for re-holders varies with declared value of the card in-question and the turnaround time you want/need.

https://www.psacard.com/fees/Thanks for the info, my friend.

CW
04-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Good advice by ngnichols already.

I'm not sure if you were aware of this, but you can submit in person at a show and have them A) mailed back to you or B) pick them up at the thow provided PSA can reholder them while you're at the show.

you can also mail them to PSA and they mail back. Fill out online form at psa's site, print it out and put it in the box with the card(s). Send insured with signature confirmation. Good to go.

The card is the most important part, but I have to admit old cards do look nice in a new holder with a scratch free case.

Peter_Spaeth
04-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Obviously a crack is one thing but Novus Plastic Polish #2 works wonders on PSA cases with superficial scratches. I rarely send any in for reholdering. Unfortunately it doesn't work nearly so well on SGC cases which are also IMO much more prone to scratching and scuffing.

glynparson
04-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Depending on the crack they will sometimes tell you the card may have been damaged so it need to be regraded. this happens on holders with cracks. most of the time the card remains the same grade.