PDA

View Full Version : Hello, From A New Member

grandcards
03-22-2019, 07:42 AM
Hello to the Net54 Community, new member here. I post under grandcards, but you can also call me Dan.

I am primarily a Detroit Tigers collector and am working on three collecting projects, all of which I expect to be lifelong:

-Every Tiger - where I try to collect one career-contemporary card of every Detroit Tigers player. Because I am apparently insane, I have also decided to try to make this a type-collection, to the degree I can. Now, instead of picking up a cheap T206 or T205, or a I'll just wait for an impossible and expensive E104-3 Nadja or D380 Clement Bros. We'll see how long the type-collection piece lasts. Maybe I'll just do my best and end up with an almost complete type collection (or pick up a T206 e.g. to hold the spot, but swap it out if and when I hit the lottery:))

-Topps Detroit Tigers 1952-Current
-Hall of Fame Rookie Cards

I got back into collecting in 2006, ran a now-defunct card blog (grandcards.blogspot.com) for a few years, and am currently active on twitter under the handle @grandcards.

My Every Tiger project has pulled me into the pre-war card world, which brought me to Net54, and has totally reenergized my collecting. Especially at a time when my Present Day Tigers are, um, not so good.

I'm looking forward to joining the Board!

Leon
03-22-2019, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the fray, Dan. Good luck in the Detroit type collecting pursuit. Sounds like a lot of fun!! BTW, I am quite familiar with almost complete type card collections.

hcv123
03-22-2019, 07:56 AM
Not sure what you are looking for post war, but I definitely have some rare 1960's and 70's issues - PM me if you want to discuss further.